You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Soloun

Aim Assists

14 comments in this topic

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
187 posts
6,586 battles

Hi All,

Just curious if others have noticed an increase in being shot while not spotted for awhile?

I've been seeing it a bit more often then normal in higher tiers, 9-10, I've dropped into concealment for at least 30sec, I've moved a considerable distance, tacked a couple times, in one instance I went right around behind an island and hadn't yet come out from behind it :) 

Suddenly from no where, still un spotted, BOOM massive salvo comes in and I'm wrecked. It's like they can see me even when I'm not spotted?

I'm not whining, this type of thing happens but it seems to becoming more common of late and I'm curious if it's just bad luck on my part, quite possible, or if others have had similar stuff happen?

Beta Tester
1,177 posts
9,289 battles

I have my Shadowplay set to record the last 30 seconds when I hit a hotkey.

It helps at times like these when mysterious things happen.

I sometimes have a WTF moment and then go back and look at vidcap and see what actually happened.

Video Contributor
2,279 posts
10,887 battles
20 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

I sometimes have a WTF moment and then go back and look at vidcap and see what actually happened.

I wish Nvidia experience can record epic moment like torpedobeat

Beta Tester
1,177 posts
9,289 battles
18 minutes ago, Onlinegamer said:

I wish Nvidia experience can record epic moment like torpedobeat

It does have some highlights thing? Meant to record epic moments? I have never looked into it.

[TDA]
Alpha Tester
1,701 posts
7,273 battles
1 hour ago, Max_Battle said:

I need one of these things for my real life.

2,248 posts
13,957 battles
43 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

It does have some highlights thing? Meant to record epic moments? I have never looked into it.

Yeah, you can enable a watcher that will start recording including the previous minute

shift + alt +f10 to enable

alt + f10 to start

Edited by keskparane

Super Tester
7,752 posts
8,040 battles

I didn't Know of any aim assist that can reveal unspotted targets. The ones I saw used by mostly Chinese hackers were the ones that marks lead points on the reticle.

Revealing non spotted target will need entirely different kind of hacking. But as far as I knew this was supposed to be server side data.

Have you double checked the replays? Maybe you were in an obvious location? Maybe player just tried his luck? Or a very long distance shot with spotter plane?

Video Contributor
2,279 posts
10,887 battles
1 hour ago, Max_Battle said:

it has highlight mode but this thing must kill or be killed i dont know how long does it take for wows 

meanwhile epic moment need to record manual mode (either instant replay or record what you want)

Beta Tester
1,177 posts
9,289 battles
1 hour ago, keskparane said:

Yeah, you can enable a watcher that will start recording including the previous minute

shift + alt +f10 to enable

alt + f10 to start

Yeah that's what I was talking about. Just set it to record the last X seconds.

98 posts
262 battles

it can happen, it was no cheat at all..... anyone with ultra instinct can do it.

no i am not joking, since i am do it myself..... 

tell me, if you did 6K~10K battle... you will know without thinking, where is enemy heading

if you get full salvo from cruiser ITS MORE LIKELY TO HAPPEN.....

if its BB.... waow ultra lucky.... or indeed cheat

ALSO REMEMBER.... THIS IS SEA server, our unicum level is different than those other server.....

5 posts
8,252 battles
21 hours ago, Soloun said:

Hi All,

Just curious if others have noticed an increase in being shot while not spotted for awhile?

I've been seeing it a bit more often then normal in higher tiers, 9-10, I've dropped into concealment for at least 30sec, I've moved a considerable distance, tacked a couple times, in one instance I went right around behind an island and hadn't yet come out from behind it 🙂

Suddenly from no where, still un spotted, BOOM massive salvo comes in and I'm wrecked. It's like they can see me even when I'm not spotted?

I'm not whining, this type of thing happens but it seems to becoming more common of late and I'm curious if it's just bad luck on my part, quite possible, or if others have had similar stuff happen?

I don't think it's bad luck, Have had similar situation more than once, but recently a few weeks back I ducked in behind an Island to avoid a string of torps heading my way, then sat there watching them pass under the island just missing me? WTF. something very fishy going on at times.  

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
187 posts
6,586 battles

Yea it's probably just bad luck for me and good luck for the reds I guess. Lately it has been happening more, at least it "feels" that way, so quite probably bias involved observer effect type of thing. 

I believe the Torps thing is a graphic glitch, they are rendered but can't hit anything and cause dmg, I could be wrong. 

Beta Tester
1,177 posts
9,289 battles
23 hours ago, AntifoulAwl said:

I need one of these things for my real life.

*Reviews footage*

"Oh, I see. You should NOT have held my beer and NO I DID NOT have that..."

Super Tester
7,752 posts
8,040 battles
1 hour ago, Soloun said:

I believe the Torps thing is a graphic glitch, they are rendered but can't hit anything and cause dmg, I could be wrong. 

Can confirm. Glitched torps simply passes under your boat.