You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
leerm002

Paying to play in tier 7 and up

9 comments in this topic

30 posts
1,311 battles

Greetings everyone! 

So here is the thing, I've been playing the game for awhile now but, due to my habit of trying to play all the lines/nations pretty much simultaneously, I have just now got my first Tier 7 (non premium) ship unlocked. (In case anyone was wondering: the Gneisenau!) I was quite happy with it, more than a little excited, and now...after all that hard work...I consistently make something like -10k in credits every game I play her with. Now, granted, I'm not the best player in the world, and (perhaps an even bigger issue) I DO pretty much just play co-op...but STILL! 

The previous tiers have been a bit of a grind to get through, and yeah I have a nice stable of premium ships tiers 4-8 that consistently make me credits, but are we really expected to pay to play our own ships? Isn't that just a little bit ridiculous? 

I talked a little bit with other people on the game and it seems that I am far from alone in this scenario, and it also seems like to some extent it only gets WORSE at higher levels of play. I can't be the only one that is asking for at LEAST a positive amount of credits with every battle (unless I do really really bad of course, but it seems top 3 in co-op shouldn't be "penalized by the game" level of bad...) 

Anyway, this has been frustrating me lately and I wanted to see what the rest of the community had to say about it. 

Good luck and smooth seas everyone!  

224 posts
1,061 battles

You will earn less credits in CO-OP, even in top 3 of the board. I earn approximately 40K Credits in each CO-OP (Top 3 Board) wihout modifier. Meanwhile in Random, you can earn more than 80K++ Credits, double the amount.

I rarely play ships Tier 6++ in CO-OP because its post battle service cost is superb expensive. 

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

As waichung wrote above, you won't earn much playing coop above t7 with tech tree ships. Coop was never meant for farming credits/XP/fxp/commander XP to begin with.

Yes, some people do that, but they buy permanent camo and premium accounts. Which is pretty costly in my opinion.

Your other option would be to play scenario modes which cycle through every week and cover t6-t8 if you want to avoid playing random battles.

Bottom line, Random battles and competitive modes are where you farm your resources.

257 posts
5,829 battles
5 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

As waichung wrote above, you won't earn much playing coop above t7 with tech tree ships. Coop was never meant for farming credits/XP/fxp/commander XP to begin with.

Yes, some people do that, but they buy permanent camo and premium accounts. Which is pretty costly in my opinion.

Your other option would be to play scenario modes which cycle through every week and cover t6-t8 if you want to avoid playing random battles.

Bottom line, Random battles and competitive modes are where you farm your resources.

Even random battles are hard to make profit From T8 up if you don’t have prem camo or account.

324 posts
4,679 battles
8 hours ago, leerm002 said:

I DO pretty much just play co-op...but STILL

But still, you do only pretty much just play co-op. 😆 How you managed to grind to T7 in co-op battles without your brain turning to complete mush I have no idea, but yeah, as others have said, co-op isn't profitable and at higher tiers is best used as a practice environment to make a couple of sea trials in the new ships you unlock.

If you insist though, just buy premium camo for a few of your favorite ships, or a couple of premium ships.

101 posts
4,832 battles
21 hours ago, leerm002 said:

I wanted to see what the rest of the community had to say about it. 

The community (most of them) wants you to play against other people (Random, Ranked, Clan), not against bots. Even T7 and T8 Operations give you barely enough credit to cover the cost. This is a PvP game and therefore you should play against other people.

At the point of the WoWS "career" as I'm now, I don't even bother playing Co-op even with T4-5 ships, unless I'm playing to get some missions over with. Heck, I don't even play Co-op to test out ships that I've just bought/earned, because there is the Training Room.

21 hours ago, leerm002 said:

but are we really expected to pay to play our own ships? Isn't that just a little bit ridiculous? 

You don't always have to pay for something, but to maintain/preserve/repair it, you must pay.

Edited by Paladinum

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,570 battles
2 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Or you play well above average...

T8 you can break even, T9 you can break even if you have a good game, T10 you wont break even unless you break your back carrying the team, and only if you actually succeed

1,034 posts
7,503 battles
On 10/25/2018 at 5:02 AM, leerm002 said:

but are we really expected to pay to play our own ships? Isn't that just a little bit ridiculous? 

Well, yes, higher tier coop can leave you with a negative credit balance.

When WG make the game “free to play” in certain ways or up to certain levels, be can thankful for that. They could make a paid account condition to log in.

Be realistic. WG will have to make some money somewhere, or they will go out of business and the game will disappear.