Sign in to follow this  
Phoenix4427

Help with Gremy Capt Skilld

6 comments in this topic

[1VK]
Beta Tester
10 posts

Hi Guys,

I've been away from the game for a long time and had the urge to come back again.  Upon return I have found that a lot of my captains have had skills reset and the skills have changed/moved on a fair bit.

I wanted to start a bit lower down in the food chain while getting back into the game so thought tier 5 would be nice.

I bought the Gremyashchy in close beta and really enjoyed it.  I remember it being a nasty little gun boat.To that end I have a 16pt Capt who is in the Tashkent (my original Gremy capt) and a 9 point Capt in the Udaloy.  I got these when they spilt the tree and it was about this time that I stopped playing.

Which of these two captains is more suited to the Gremy and how would you set up their skills?

Thanks in advance!

Phoenix

145 posts
1,305 battles

16 pts?

Preventative maintenance, Last stand, Survivality expert, Concealment expert = 10 pts

Then Buff the guns with Demo exp and BFT if you prefer gunbotes. 

Super Tester
7,557 posts
7,993 battles

If it's Gremy specific captain, I would go for

PT (a must for any DD)

LS (obvious)

SE

CE

EM

AFT

That's 16 points.

Consider the last 3 points (up to 19) to BFT or DE (both offers similar ouput boost I think). Or, take PM/EL + AR if you duel openly a lot.

Let us know if any of these terms need to be elaborated.

[1VK]
Beta Tester
10 posts

Thanks for the feed back from both of you.  Very helpful.

So which of the two Russian lines does the Gremy represent best. My understanding is Tashkent side is pretty much gun boat (:Smile_smile:) and Udaloi is a bit more "hybrid"?

If so  would you spec Tashkent and Udaloi captains differently?

[TF44]
22 posts
8,290 battles

Hi Phoenix,

The Gremy is closest to the Ognevoi, Udaloi and Grozovoi line of VMF DD.

'Hybrid" is a good term. Gremy is a usual VMF DD in that it has great guns with slow traverse, good speed and poor concealment. The Gremy is unusual in that it has great agility (Quick rudder shift and small turning circle) and torpedoes that have some range (8 km vs 4 km).

I don't think Captain Skills need to vary between the two lines commencing at T8.

As above, Priority Target (1), Last Stand (2), Survivability Expert (3), Concealment Expert (4) for your base 10 skill points. Some players find Preventative Maintenance (1) and Superintendent (3) good alternatives.

Followed by Preventative Maintenance (1), Expert Marksman (2) and Basic Firing Training (3). Pick up Demolition Expert (3) for your final skill points.

Cheers

Super Tester
7,557 posts
7,993 battles

Yes, Gremy is more similar with the "hybrid" line. Unlike the pure gunboat line, you get good concealment and torpedo range.

However, that's just how it looks like on paper. The vmf DD lines needs a lot of different types of captains.

For example, okhotnik and Gremy require specific builds for each of them, since they are t5 and can get away without some skills that are must for high tiers. Same goes for lelingrad.

From podvoisky to Kiev, you go for concealment builds while strengthening your gun power, but, the build slightly changes when you reach Tashkent and Khaba cause they have heals. Instead of concealment, you take more skills from 3rd row, like SI.

On the other branch, ognevoi is a lone wolf, you build her as a torp spammers.

Udaloi and grozovoi utilize AA focused captains, unlike the rest of vmf dds.

As you can see, if you want to get optimal setup, you will need different kinds of captain builds.

Tbh, i would not call the 2nd line "hybrids", you should go to km line for true hybrids.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Sign in to follow this