Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
YuzuKhurosaki

Super/over powered Torpedo's

26 comments in this topic

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

This again?

Use your situational awareness. Prepare to maneuver if you see DDs or TBs closing in. Dodge torpedoes. Torpedoes do 0 HP damage.

The game should not be holding players hands, as if everybody is a small child.

Edited by benlisquare

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

I watching my friend play WOW'S 

His ship destroy by only 1 hit torpedo,is the torpedo overpowered?

It will depend on what type of ship your friend was playing. Torps are not Over Powered, its just people getting use to having and dodging torpedo's

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

No, torpedoes are not overpowered. Situational awareness, good tactics and dodging negates most of the torpedo threat. If your friend was killed in a single torpedo hit, he's probably either a DD or CA and a victim of bad tactics, or an astronomically unlucky BB.

Beta Tester
20 posts
201 battles

I watching my friend play WOW'S 

His ship destroy by only 1 hit torpedo,is the torpedo overpowered?

Don't just watch. Give DD a try and see it yourself.

Beta Tester
20 posts
201 battles

ok

i will try it in Open beta then

FYI torps are not OP. Its just the enemy ship aren't paying attention enough to battle dynamics. Every torps passing will trigger an alarm. Experienced player can and will always succeed in evading torps. Only when the torps really hits it pays off

70 posts
387 battles

FYI torps are not OP. Its just the enemy ship aren't paying attention enough to battle dynamics. Every torps passing will trigger an alarm. Experienced player can and will always succeed in evading torps. Only when the torps really hits it pays off

but not all newbie is not pro

cause im already playing many warship game 

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

but not all newbie is not pro

cause im already playing many warship game 

anyway, (playing destroyer it's hard enough you know), since you can see torpedoes from around +4 km, and you still have time to try to not take any hit or take less hit by manuvering toward it
Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

I lost that image, but torpedo acquisition range was increased to 40% from 10%. That's 4x the range you can see torpedoes coming and you can see it from halfway across the map. Hilarious, really, unless they were torp bombers or you just got swarmed by 3 DDs.

Beta Tester
16 posts
2,597 battles

Sound torpedo is very dangerous. Wish I can get closed beta code before my birthday so that I can try it. Hehe

Super Tester
1,779 posts
323 battles

Brave sailors use DD's (tbh, I kinda scared when I face a group of DD's while I'm in a BB or CA)

Torpedoes ain't that OP once you're the one using it :D

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

I'm primarily a DD user before the state of the pubs and the increased spotting range killed it.

IMO torps are NOT OP, neither are they SP. It punishes the inattentive captain and it punishes really really hard

Beta Tester
30 posts
3,415 battles

I'm primarily a DD user before the state of the pubs and the increased spotting range killed it.

IMO torps are NOT OP, neither are they SP. It punishes the inattentive captain and it punishes really really hard

I don't find torps OP too, but it's with the DD's themselfs I am a bit concerned about.....

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

Youve clearly never been on the receiving end of a well placed spread fired at close range, or a clever multi angled torpedo attack. You cant dodge them all, but you can avoid most of them with a little skill. 

Super Tester
1,677 posts

well to be fair though, a small ship such as a light cruiser or destroyer may take one fish to blow it out of the water provided if the fish in question deals 20k damage. dont expect cap ships to sink from a single fish or heavy cruisers that easily since it would probably take a couple of fish to do so.

Edited by EvyL

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

DD has a great damage but very little defense. spraying it creepy

Actually, when you go by an experienced opponent, then DDs prolly have the best defense of all ships.

They're small, mauneverable, fast, have smoke screens and torpedoes, which can be fired prematurely. (I.e. before the enemy is in view range)

Meanwhile all CAs and BBs have in return is hitpoints, because if they're fighting an experienced opponent (BB) then the following will happen:

- CA gets hit by full AP barrage, dead

- BB gets hit by full AP barrage, ~50% hitpoints

Sign in to follow this