Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
NoOneImportant_2018

What's up with Tenryuu's armor layout being a citadel everywhere?

6 comments in this topic

1 post
61 battles

Hi. I'm fairly new to the game and I've been wondering about Tenryuu's armor layout, I'm on a German battleship one tier above her(Kaiser) and when I fire a single shot (not a salvo) just to determine where she would be 6 seconds later,  when my bullets do hit (HE Shells) its always, ALWAYS  a citadel hit, even when I hit her bow and aft, its a citadel hit, what the hell, man? I even managed to get  3 citadels in a row just by blasting her with HEs

Edited by NoOneImportant_2018

1 post
473 battles
7 hours ago, NoOneImportant_2018 said:

Hi. I'm fairly new to the game and I've been wondering about Tenryuu's armor layout, I'm on a German battleship one tier above her(Kaiser) and when I fire a single shot (not a salvo) just to determine where she would be 6 seconds later,  when my bullets do hit (HE Shells) its always, ALWAYS  a citadel hit, even when I hit her bow and aft, its a citadel hit, what the hell, man? I even managed to get  3 citadels in a row just by blasting her with HEs

This is because her armor are too weak to deal with HE from BB. Heck even AP shells from puny guns can wreck her. But this is still tenryu. When you are firing at British cruisers, you can wreck them easier. they are more fragile than IJN cruisers.

Edited by Rayhan_Dzaky

245 posts
5,809 battles

Many low tier cruisers are, to use an old phrase, 'made of citadels.' Tier 5 cruisers, such as Omaha, are particularly well known for being able to be citadelled from any angle.

Though Tenryu, as a destroyer flotilla leaser, is really just an oversized DD, with a citadel. At tier 3, it relies primarily on the inaccuracy of low tier BB guns to avoid being citadelled, rather than armor.

198 posts
1,024 battles
4 hours ago, Labeat said:

Ever heard of Danae and emerald who gets devastated by Cv's bomb autodrop

Danae is a floating Citadel, i can even citadel it with yubari HE shells lol 

Sign in to follow this