You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
legionary2099

KM DD feel kinda left behind.

14 comments in this topic

[LNA]
1,665 posts
10,469 battles

Im currently at Z23 and im feeling that the German DD is in kinda left behind.

Im not sure what to do with this thing , it can no longer contest cap like high tier german dd use to boast being strong about.

It is fat , low mobility , gun is meh and torpedo is  lacking in punch and hydro is a joke.

It can no longer bully cap and infact , i find it increasingly need to play like an IJN dd in which its mediocre mobility really limit it.

Not to mention , increasingly powerful gun focused dd do better than it at playing cap ( Lighting , Kitakaze , Akizuki ,... ).

The future seem bleak to all 3 high tier german dd now that RN DD do everything better than them and have a heal to salvage wrong moves whilst german dd eat full pen all day and have no heal not to mention their finicky AP which is as random as it gets.

So what to do now , i dont feel like continuing the line right now as i can seem to figure out what to do , it suck at both side of the spectrum and there are middling that do its job better than it.

Any suggestion ?

Edited by legionary2099

[LBAS]
4,485 posts
25,665 battles

bad since the beginning

guns damn slow (reload and rotation), speed, concealment, turning ... worst among T8

even torps not good as well, require more support than IJN DDs

free EXP or Coop and get over with it:fish_boom:

its been long time ago :Smile_hiding:

shot-17_04.08_14_01.36-0717.thumb.jpg.7a8d51f9dce4512cf3accb3496b4a6e5.jpg

88 posts
4,814 battles

One option is to flatly increase torpedo range by 1,5 km for every torpedo type from Gaede to Z23, and 2,5 km for torpedoes on Z46 and Z52. While they have the best reload in the game, they're short in range (the same as RN ones, which is the shortest in-game) and low in damage (lowest in-game). I'm the kind of person who likes faster things. Slowness is exactly the reason why I don't like playing BBs (except German BBs, I'm a wehraboo).
Fletcher's 10,5 km torps are blatantly better than Z52's 10,5 km torps. Better reload and 4,5K more damage/torp (the [content removed] ).

Also make rudder shift faster.

Introduce Type 1945 destroyer (Z46/Z52 with 1 more turret) as a coal ship to counter Darings and Kitakazes.

Hydro is not a joke since it isn't just the best Hydro, it also allows you to play aggressively late game, especially when the enemy has only DDs and BBs left.

Violation Profanity. Action taken Post edited, user warned.

~Beaufighter

145 posts
1,305 battles

Think about Positive sides as well, it has Good AP pens against other dd, Devastating AP damage against other dds, Fastest torp reload, and a hydro where you can smoke up and still bully anyone outside, kill anyone who try to rush you. z23 has 4k more hp than benson as well. 152mm guns can citadel cruisers. 

Therefore WG has to nerf concealment a bit (like 200meters) and Gun reload by mere seconds. Doesnt mean entire dd is sh*t. Think about kagero who doesnt have any best reload or even a slight AA, only good at concealment.Did anyone ever complain about Kagero? 

Edited by Labeat

88 posts
4,814 battles
17 minutes ago, Labeat said:

Think about kagero who doesnt have any best reload or even a slight AA, only good at concealment.Did anyone ever complain about Kagero? 

Yeah, no. Kagero is a strictly torpedo DD while other DD lines have usable main guns or they are hybrid style DDs. German DDs being the most hybrids of hybrids, making them fall behind in many aspects (almost like Russian DDs, no one plays those poor things anymore).  

Just give German DDs 1-2 km more torp range. That's all I ask.

145 posts
1,305 battles
4 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Just give German DDs 1-2 km more torp range. That's all I ask.

it may looks like "just" but I see it has a serious huge change 😄 you can torp outside from USA radar range which is not a German way. German way is brawling, You brawl with German BB, DD, Cruisers and German Aircraft carriers too :cap_popcorn:

Edited by Labeat

88 posts
4,814 battles

If you wanna brawl a Kitakaze or Harugumo in any DD other than those 2 ships I can tell you have a death wish/suicidal tendency, bruh.

20 hours ago, Labeat said:

German way is brawling, You brawl with German BB, DD, Cruisers and German Aircraft carriers too

And subs too? :Smile_trollface:

145 posts
1,305 battles
On 10/21/2018 at 5:36 AM, Paladinum said:

And subs too? :Smile_trollface:

Of course. One of the halloween sub has Accurate af secondaries. im sure its from upcoming German tech tree

88 posts
4,814 battles
11 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

German DDs we're supposed to be cap bully and torp spammers. They aren't that great at brawling.

Agree with the second sentence, while the guns have good reload and 1/4 HE pen, they turn too slow. In a CQC, turret traverse speed determines how many shells you can hit the other guy, of course reload being the other utmost important factor. If your guns can't turn fast enough to lead the shells, you seriously cannot hit anything. Surely a stock Z52 can win over a stock Gearing or Yue Yang with relative ease, but against ships like Kitakze/Harugumo and Grozovoi/Khabarovsk, Z52 has zero advantage in those fights, maybe a sudden torpedo strike. But in a CQC, German DDs don't really have the rudder shift to dodge the enemy's torps even with Hydro on.

[LNA]
1,665 posts
10,469 battles
13 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

German DDs were not supposed to be cap bully and torp spammers. They aren't that great at brawling.

FTFY.

Anyway i find them not fulfilling any particular role , they are just worse version of RN DD , talk about powercreep. Meh , the devs team strike again.

Super Tester
7,557 posts
7,993 battles
2 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

FTFY

Yah idk why my android always adds "we're" when I am speed typing "were".... but you get it.

Edited by icy_phoenix

88 posts
4,814 battles
3 hours ago, Darkworld_2015 said:

Well, Gearing with Fletcher torp is way better than Z52, in my opinion. The hydro is a bit useless when so many radar ships around

Fletcher/Gearing 10,5 km deal more damage than Z52 10,5km torps. And they have better reload (~20s vs 22.5s), to add insults to injuries. And Gearing 16,5 km torps + Torp Accel are better than any torps on Shima. Quite formidable for a ship that has been around since forever (Shima as well). When will a German DD get torps that reaches over 12 km?

German DDs are overweight, but more HP doesn't necessary mean they will survive any longer in this meta. It almost feels like the "jack of all trades" ships are made to be powercrept/obsolete as soon as a new line comes out. RN DDs aren't exactly better than German ones, but they have similar HP pool, Hydro, 1/4 HE pen and improved AP pen angle (Jutland and Daring). They are also slower and don't have Engine Boost, but their rudder would make Yuro wet his torpedo-beating pants.

But in the end of the day, all DDs are nerfed by the very existence of Harugumo. WG please add more turrets on that ship, she still hasn't had enough guns.