Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ShaddowAU

The Premium Shop of Disappointment

24 comments in this topic

9 posts

Why does WG not rotate the ships for sale in the Premium Shop? Every week it seems its the same ships as the week before with just some in packages, to seemingly double or triple the price, but no rotation through the stock of other Premium ships. I keep hoping to see 'HMS/HMAS Vampire' (that became part of the famous WW2 'Scrap Iron Flotilla') up for sale. The British Destroyer line role out would seem like a good time to put it up for sale as it was a former RN V-Class Destroyer almost the same as the W-Class 'HMS Wakeful', just added to the game. I also keep looking for the Russian Battleship 'Imperator Nikolai I'. This week's Halloween operation uses a reskinned version the 'Imperator Nikolai I' as 'Rasputin', the final enemy boss ship. Again this seem like the perfect week to sell that ship and its special Halloween skin but no... why???

I know I haven't been on WoWS very long, as I only recently left my countries' Navy, and so missed lots of great ships like the 'Arpeggio of Blue Steel' (ARP) ships (which WG probably never make available again) for example. Even my joining WoWS was problematic in that I joined on a referral but never got the free 'USS Texas' and 'Diana' I was meant to get, to which customer service did absolutely nothing to fix when I raised a ticket about it. For a game that was only about 2 1/2 years old when I joined its not been a very welcoming experience; being deigned your free joining ships, and then to see all these other ships in the game you want but they are apparently locked away from you forever because, in my case, I was busy serving my country instead of playing this game before. I wonder how many other new players feel similarly.

Edited by ShaddowAU

26 posts
1,274 battles

I know how you feel mate, (and as a Navy vet myself I will also say: "Welcome aboard!") 

It can be very frustrating to see the ships you want out there seemingly just beyond reach, but there might be a light at the end of the tunnel. If last year is any indication of what to expect then around new years there will be a BIG sale on all the premium ships, possibly including a lot of hard to find ones as well. I know last year I snagged my sharnhorst and dunkirk there for a pitifully small amount. Whether or not the dreaded Nikolai will be available then is anyone's guess, but I would be surprised if there weren't a few real goodies to be had. 

Good luck, and fair seas! 

218 posts
11,477 battles

Unfortunately the selling methodology implemented is through time-restriction as their previous attempt of selling everything in the shop didn't really push people's mental to spend.

General public seems to time-limited discount style bargains so there's no one to blame but the customer's themselves :crab:

Do note also if you gained premium time from Public Test and if you didn't log in to use it(after claim via web, maybe within a week) it'll be revoked.

1,484 posts

This is what happens when the customers whinged about not having all the ships in the shop at the same time, they used to rotate the shop every week, & it was always a surprise what came out.... But now mist is always all available, so now the shop is boring....

Ordrazz

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,759 battles

Is Vampire purchasable using doubloons in game?  Might be worth checking that.

Also, Nikolai is on the 'never to be sold again' list since it's a bit OP, so you won't ever see it in the prem shop.  The only way to get it now is a lucky supercontainer (the odds are miniscule), or in a santa crate at christmas.  Lucky for you if you're after OP T4 BB's, Orion is actually more OP, and it takes almost no effort and absolutely no money to get.

188 posts
1,017 battles
1 hour ago, Moggytwo said:

Lucky for you if you're after OP T4 BB's, Orion is actually more OP, and it takes almost no effort and absolutely no money to get.

Yeah i agreed, Orion is a OP ship, Those 343mm guns pretty much overmatch its same tier counterparts. I prefer Orion rather than the WhyAiming. I just bought back in recent Price cut for British ships. 

Edited by waichung1823

[AMPOL]
40 posts
3,383 battles
2 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

Is Vampire purchasable using doubloons in game?  Might be worth checking that.

Also, Nikolai is on the 'never to be sold again' list since it's a bit OP, so you won't ever see it in the prem shop.  The only way to get it now is a lucky supercontainer (the odds are miniscule), or in a santa crate at christmas.  Lucky for you if you're after OP T4 BB's, Orion is actually more OP, and it takes almost no effort and absolutely no money to get.

.... All I want for chlistmas is my Miisssouriiii....

9 posts
10 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

Also, Nikolai is on the 'never to be sold again' list since it's a bit OP, so you won't ever see it in the prem shop.

Well that is just absolutely stupid of WG, if a ship is OP then #@%&ing fix it; do something like increase the gun's reload time, and/or increase the shell dispersion, and/or decrease the shell damage, and/or adjust its armour levels, etc., etc.. There are ways to rebalance OP ships in the game, the 'Imperator Nikolai I' was a ship that was never completed in real life due to the Russian revolution. It is almost what they class as a "paper ship" so they could tweak it away to their heart's content. To me this just appears to be laziness to decide to shelve ships than adjust and fine-tune them.

1,484 posts
1 hour ago, ShaddowAU said:

Well that is just absolutely stupid of WG, if a ship is OP then #@%&ing fix it; do something like increase the gun's reload time, and/or increase the shell dispersion, and/or decrease the shell damage, and/or adjust its armour levels, etc., etc.. There are ways to rebalance OP ships in the game, the 'Imperator Nikolai I' was a ship that was never completed in real life due to the Russian revolution. It is almost what they class as a "paper ship" so they could tweak it away to their heart's content. To me this just appears to be laziness to decide to shelve ships than adjust and fine-tune them.

They won't, because its a premium ship, people like me spent real money on it when it first came out, & if they nerfed it we would be very unhappy..

They don't directly nerf premiums as a rule.

Besides, as @Moggytwo said, the Orion is actually more OP... With AA (compared to Nikolai) so people should whinge about that more than Nikolai... & being such a rare ship these days, people shouldn't even worry about it... Its easily outclassed & hunted anyways... Most of the time when I play mine, there are a minimum of 2 CVs on the enemy team, & guess who they hunt??

The Arkansas Beta is OP when it comes to secondary guns, so DDs have a right to be worried there...

Ordrazz

9 posts
4 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

They won't, because its a premium ship, people like me spent real money on it when it first came out, & if they nerfed it we would be very unhappy..

Its a tier 4 you couldn't have paid too much for it. I can understand that idea if they suddenly over-nerfed a Premium tier 8 ship, which cost a bucket loads, people would be very unhappy. Back in January when WG refused to give me my promised free ships in WoWS I instantly rage quit and went and played WoT on the PS4 and I don't know how many lack-luster Premium tanks I brought on that, you can't test them before you buy them and they never seem to fix them. I can't see the issue with fine tuning (not over-nerfing or over-buffing) ships/tanks up or down to maintain balance, buying a Premium should never be about buying a ship/tank guaranteed to be able to wipe out all non-Premiums, this is should not be pay-to-win. Anyway from what people are saying the 'Imperator Nikolai I' doesn't sound like it is incredibly OP anyway, it just sounds like it has strengths in some areas but weakness in others and so it probably wouldn't need much adjusting at all to make it "fair". Would you not be happy if they gave a buff to any under performing Premiums you own, so it should go both ways

188 posts
1,017 battles
1 hour ago, zergling_ said:

Yeh me too been wanting to get belfast n kutuzov I missed the chance to get them, hope WG can review its policy about them in the future

Yes i want Belfast too, the only British Cruiser that armed with HE! I missed the chances to get it too. 

Heard people say it will drop from SC, but is extremely rare. 

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,830 posts
4,103 battles

She was first released for sale on 21 October 2016 on the EU servers and on 4 November 2016 on the NA servers. It has since been permanently removed from sale.

The Belfast is one of the very few ships I actually paid money for and don't regret it.

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

9 posts
1 hour ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

The Belfast is one of the very few ships I actually paid money for and don't regret it.

What I don't get with 'HMS Belfast' is that just a few weeks back they were selling the 'Azur Lane' Belfast commander. Its like the ultimate troll in that they will never let those who don't already have that ship get it now, instead here is a pretty anime captain that will forever be out of place (if you brought her) just to be some salt in the open wound of your eternal disappointment.

Dc466dFW0AUjndZ.png

Edited by ShaddowAU

215 posts
2,638 battles
7 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

They don't directly nerf premiums as a rule.

Besides, as @Moggytwo said, the Orion is actually more OP... With AA (compared to Nikolai) so people should whinge about that more than Nikolai... & being such a rare ship these days, people shouldn't even worry about it... Its easily outclassed & hunted anyways... Most of the time when I play mine, there are a minimum of 2 CVs on the enemy team, & guess who they hunt??

The Arkansas Beta is OP when it comes to secondary guns, so DDs have a right to be worried there...

Ordrazz

The last time people were unhappy with nerfing premiums IIRC is the whole Super Pershing debacle many years back. 

IMO not nerfing premiums just because they are premiums is a rather silly train of thought. That's why WG tweaked the EULA a while back, so they can do so.

9 posts
13 minutes ago, waichung1823 said:

,Its worth to get The Great 8 Boxes? 

I'm not buying any. This hocky player might be someone in Russia but in Australia with the front tooth missing, he just looks like a hobo that lives under a bridge. Don't they have dentists in Russia?

Edited by ShaddowAU

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,759 battles
13 hours ago, ShaddowAU said:

It's a long term policy of WG, that's why people tend to be so invested in premium balance while they are being tested.  The only time premiums are nerfed is when they do overall mechanic changes (eg open water stealth firing removal, smoke fire change).  Apart from that if premiums are OP they will remove them, but it doesn't happen very often.

215 posts
2,638 battles
6 hours ago, ShaddowAU said:

I'm not buying any. This hocky player might be someone in Russia but in Australia with the front tooth missing, he just looks like a hobo that lives under a bridge. Don't they have dentists in Russia?

I'll admit, I snorted louder than I wanted at this statement.

But this guy is a Russian that plays for an American team. And if I recall correctly, ice hockey is a contact sport (hey, what's the point of their football-like gear?), which is probably why his front tooth is missing.

9 posts
11 hours ago, TD1 said:

But this guy is a Russian that plays for an American team.

Ah, so its kind of like opposite of a certain orange faced reality TV personality currently in a very high position in the USA who is actually working for the Russians.

487 posts
7,619 battles
24 minutes ago, ShaddowAU said:

Ah, so its kind of like opposite of a certain orange faced reality TV personality currently in a very high position in the USA who is actually working for the Russians.

In b4 you get a knock on the door from men in dark suits and dark sunnies who want a word for you knowing too much...………..  :Smile_hiding:

[AJAX]
22 posts
On 10/20/2018 at 10:28 AM, zergling_ said:

Yeh me too been wanting to get belfast n kutuzov I missed the chance to get them, hope WG can review its policy about them in the future

Same here. I missed them the first time around due to budget issues. Now that I've got money to burn on virtual stuff again, I can't get them. 😞

[AJAX]
22 posts
On 10/20/2018 at 3:13 PM, waichung1823 said:

Its worth to get The Great 8 Boxes? 

Got $50 worth of boxes. Saved me the grind to Chapayev and North Carolina. Also got Leningrad and Scharnhorst. Plus, I got enough stuff to complete the collection (got the 10pt hockey player) AND got the mission to unlock the 15pt hockey player. So overall, I think I'm happy.

Edited by Odren

[AJAX]
22 posts
On 10/20/2018 at 1:57 PM, ShaddowAU said:

What I don't get with 'HMS Belfast' is that just a few weeks back they were selling the 'Azur Lane' Belfast commander. Its like the ultimate troll in that they will never let those who don't already have that ship get it now, instead here is a pretty anime captain that will forever be out of place (if you brought her) just to be some salt in the open wound of your eternal disappointment.

Dc466dFW0AUjndZ.png

I know, I know. 😞 I need my Belfast

Sign in to follow this