You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

Warspite / 10 pt Dunkirk captain build ideas?

3 comments in this topic

316 posts
4,638 battles

Currently running [PT] [EM] [V] [AFT] with Secondary battery mod 2 equipped.

Warspite has enough secondary armaments to make AFT viable, but not enough to make the choice a no brainer. [CE] and aiming system mod 1 seem to me equally viable, perhaps more. The standard BB 10 pointer [PT] [EM] [SI] [CE] seems to me a reasonable default.

Either way the order to take the three point skills seems to be fairly open.

I rationalized vigilance as follows:

I'm going secondaries, so I want to get within 7 km of DDs. Even if I don't, the armor is optimal at medium-short engagement distances. Conclusion: Warpite is a DD/torp magnet. Low torp protection but narrow turning circle means the ship is supposed to dodge not soak. Vigilance helps a BB to dodge more than on smaller ships, since more time is needed. Not taking SI is mitigated by running premium heal consumable.

For later, I'm considering expert loader, JoT, SI of course, and perhaps BFT...

Perhaps someone can comment on how well the secondary build works. I can confirm it's fun. I'm not sure if it's especially effective.

145 posts
1,280 battles

Priority target, Expert marksment, superintendent, Advanced firing training. = 10 pts.

No need to take concealment exp first because your secondaries are going to be more useful than the concealment, specially in tier 6 rank. and you will have lots of islands to use to hide so I dont see any reason to take concealment expert.

Superintendent because you are going to face HE spam from Pensacolas, Dallas, Aoba, even dds like aigle etc. Warspite heal seems more effective, so Superintendent seems better.

Edited by Labeat

1,011 posts
7,459 battles
10 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

Currently running [PT] [EM] [V] [AFT] with Secondary battery mod 2 equipped.

Warspite has enough secondary armaments to make AFT viable, but not enough to make the choice a no brainer. [CE] and aiming system mod 1 seem to me equally viable, perhaps more. The standard BB 10 pointer [PT] [EM] [SI] [CE] seems to me a reasonable default.

Either way the order to take the three point skills seems to be fairly open.

I rationalized vigilance as follows:

I'm going secondaries, so I want to get within 7 km of DDs. Even if I don't, the armor is optimal at medium-short engagement distances. Conclusion: Warpite is a DD/torp magnet. Low torp protection but narrow turning circle means the ship is supposed to dodge not soak. Vigilance helps a BB to dodge more than on smaller ships, since more time is needed. Not taking SI is mitigated by running premium heal consumable.

For later, I'm considering expert loader, JoT, SI of course, and perhaps BFT...

Perhaps someone can comment on how well the secondary build works. I can confirm it's fun. I'm not sure if it's especially effective.

My current Warspite captain is optimized for operations, so picked AFT for 4 pt skill. CE would be wasted in operations. For Random, in many battles secondaries don’t’ fire a shot, CE would be my pick there.

When I still had SI I found that I often finished the battle with a repair charge left, so I changed to Vigilance. But I found that it didn’t make a big difference, already without Vigilance, Warspite is great at dodging torps, because a rudder hard over is also like slamming the breaks.

Now I run BoS as 3 pt skill, which is quite versatile.