You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Maxi_Storm

Expensive Exercise to Play Halloween Ships

13 comments in this topic

2 posts
1,185 battles

I've only started playing WoWS this year and am thoroughly enjoying myself.  This is my first year in the Halloween celebration and I am finding that I cannot do some of the operations.

I can manage the cost of upgrades for the tier 3 ships (375k credits each), but when it comes to the higher tier ships, I can't afford the 3.875M credits each for their upgrades. I am glad to hear that the upgrades will be unloaded at the end of 7.10 and will be available for future ships in your fleet and not disappear with the Halloween ships, but I do not have sufficient credits at the moment to fund all three ships.

I don’t think that it is fair to the other team members if I participate in the operations without any or some of the upgrades.

Can anyone suggest a work around or are there other ways to do these operations?

425 posts

Wait? You can put modules on the ships? 

Crap and I did it all with just the captains.

Oh, well. 

It's fun and even F2P you get 50 plus profit a game even if you lose. (and do middle of the pack or better.) 

381 posts
9,957 battles

Personally I'm fine with people not having optimized ships/captains in operations. They are not PvP modes so you don't need to arm yourself to the teeth to get every competitive advantage possible. As long as you try to learn the basics and don't intentionally throw a winnable game it's enough - especially in Halloween event which was designed as a celebration mode. Don't hesitate to bring your ship into the battle here.

I also appreciate your attitude in the post very highly. These days it's hard to find someone who actually feel responsible for his performance and care about the outcome in PvP, let alone in PvE like you did. Enjoy the event mate!

325 posts
4,679 battles

You don't need to use all three ships though. Just pick one you like, and, honestly, you don't even really need the modules. The whole thing is just a pew-pew-pew shoot-em-up, there's some cooperation needed but not a huge amount of skill. 

1,040 posts
7,503 battles
15 hours ago, BunnyDragon said:

Wait? You can put modules on the ships? 

Haha, me too!

I just distributed captain points, have not bought modules.

With an OK team it is not hard to complete the mission.

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,448 battles

Never bothered buying ny upgrades too, got loads of 5 star anyway.

Next week's sunray however woukd be different, guess we had to really equiped those ships for survival

Edited by blacknoheart

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,859 posts
4,140 battles
19 hours ago, Maxi_Storm said:

I don’t think that it is fair to the other team members if I participate in the operations without any or some of the upgrades

I have never used upgrades for these events.    Why bother.

[MEGA]
4,574 posts
17,570 battles
1 hour ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I have never used upgrades for these events.    Why bother.

if we're talking about sunray... unless you actually have a team of 7 very capable players in a VC together it's almost impossiable to do the tasks without the modules

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,859 posts
4,140 battles

Fair enough, but they are nothing more than a bit of fun.  I've never taken the Halloween/space stuff seriously and only ever play a few games before losing interest.

[MEGA]
4,574 posts
17,570 battles
8 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Fair enough, but they are nothing more than a bit of fun.  I've never taken the Halloween/space stuff seriously and only ever play a few games before losing interest.

well you only really need to do it once to fivestar for farming the stuff..

103 posts
4,840 battles

If I remember correctly, the upgrades you mounted on event ships would be dismounted and transferred into the Inventory when the event ends and can be mounted freely later on your non-event ships. Save me about 25 doub each dismounting I guess.

If I remember correctly.

325 posts
4,679 battles

I'm not sure the captain skills even do anything in this event. Certainly RDF doesn't work. iirc PT doesn't either.

Can someone confirm the modules work?

I'm with @RalphTheTheatreCat, just grab the ship you want and go. Don't waste time specc'ing them out. (Unless the modules are half price, then it would be useful to buy, since they get demounted for free after the event ends.)

2 posts
1,185 battles

Thanks for all the responses.  I will be playing the tier 8's without upgrading the ships.  

Cheers everyone.