You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pulveron

bots

12 comments in this topic

[12345]
37 posts
8,483 battles

Just played a game "arms race' where a Montana sunk a Musashi, Iowa and my Isumo without any effort.  In close quarters my weapons were ineffective no matter the shell type, and at longer distances the same.  There was no effect from any ship except minor damage on it.  Full broadsides did little damage at all, and at times both myself and the Iowa were having direct simultaneous actions against it with little results.  The other ships had the same effect, little damage to the Montana.  The Montana has hidden stats and I couldn't find out anything else about him/her.  Is this common?  This is the second time this  has happened to me, where no matter how many hits the enemy ship took, no matter the number of ships attacking it (the first time there were 4 ships from 8), there was little damage to it.

51 posts
209 battles

get the khabarovsk and delete Montana+other BB as well.

Montana is well known for having silly belt armor, even yamato shell say hi. not everyone know this lol.... sometimes you need to spam HE when facing angled BB like Montana.

i wont Deny about the existence of bots, if your team BB dead very fast you can tell its bots. 

[ZA]
163 posts
7,366 battles
25 minutes ago, Akyamarukh said:

get the khabarovsk and delete Montana+other BB as well.

Montana is well known for having silly belt armor, even yamato shell say hi. not everyone know this lol.... sometimes you need to spam HE when facing angled BB like Montana.

i wont Deny about the existence of bots, if your team BB dead very fast you can tell its bots. 

That is just not true. Yamato vs Montana, Yamato is likely to win, given that two players are on same skill level.

What OP described is most likely good angling by Montana, and all of your teammates hitting wrong part of the ship.

Moreover, USN BB have super heavy shell and improved bounce angle, so if try to use full broadside gun, Montana can easily punish you. 

Aimbot can help someone aim better, but it can not improve someone positioning and angling skill.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles
2 hours ago, sunlo2013 said:

That is just not true. Yamato vs Montana, Yamato is likely to win, given that two players are on same skill level.

What OP described is most likely good angling by Montana, and all of your teammates hitting wrong part of the ship.

Moreover, USN BB have super heavy shell and improved bounce angle, so if try to use full broadside gun, Montana can easily punish you. 

Aimbot can help someone aim better, but it can not improve someone positioning and angling skill.

what, montana is more likely to win, better armor and good guns makes her a bitch to kill with a yamato, a well angled montana is immune to yamato shells unless the yamato know to shoot exactly for the bow, aft and superstructure, which saturates quickly

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

Agree with Drakon. In a Montana vs Yamato matchup Montana is more likely to win. Since the underwater citadel buff, citadel hits on Monty has become extremely rare, the only t10 bb that can shoot all 12 guns while staying perfectly broadside. Faster and more maneuverable.

Although in an ideal situation, it will end in a ram.

6 hours ago, brokentooth said:

Just played a game "arms race' where a Montana sunk a Musashi, Iowa and my Isumo without any effort.  In close quarters my weapons were ineffective no matter the shell type, and at longer distances the same.  There was no effect from any ship except minor damage on it.  Full broadsides did little damage at all, and at times both myself and the Iowa were having direct simultaneous actions against it with little results.  The other ships had the same effect, little damage to the Montana.  The Montana has hidden stats and I couldn't find out anything else about him/her.  Is this common?  This is the second time this  has happened to me, where no matter how many hits the enemy ship took, no matter the number of ships attacking it (the first time there were 4 ships from 8), there was little damage to it.

From my experience, Montana players are either extremely bad, or extremely good. Trade carefully when you notice a good Montana in enemy team. There is a reason Montana is the most preferred bb in cws. Unless you have legendary mod on Yamato, Montana is by far the most accurate bb in the game. Yamato may have best sigma, still has garbage accuracy.

Not to mention, Yamato has terrible armor profile. Worst among t10 BBs.

[ZA]
163 posts
7,366 battles
13 hours ago, drakon233 said:

what, montana is more likely to win, better armor and good guns makes her a bitch to kill with a yamato, a well angled montana is immune to yamato shells unless the yamato know to shoot exactly for the bow, aft and superstructure, which saturates quickly

Please excuse my weeb bias😅

[12345]
37 posts
8,483 battles

Thanks for the replies guys - probably a little truth in  all that has been said.  I still believe it was a bot since three great ships made little impression on it. 

I have spent many years studying the Yamato, probably like WoW, but no doubt more so (it has been a real fascination to me, I'm looking forward to seeing the shrine for it in Japan).  Not being from either nation, the USA or Japan, I have a perspective that might be a little different.  The game, in my opinion, doesn't do justice to the Yamato in that its superiority is no where near what it should be (even its length appears shorter).  Of course, no one can clearly say which battleship would win in a one-on-one, but even though the Montana is a mighty ship, it would not, in a real situation, have much of a show against such a ship, despite its latter design (my opinion).  In the game, most of the level X ships are pretty near equal to each other, otherwise the game would be lopsided (hence the need to hit each ship differently and with different shell types depending on circumstances, it kind of makes up for what can't be a part of the game) - a broadside from the main batteries of the Yamato, if all hit, would literally sink any ship there and then (that scenario is unclear with the Montana).  In some data, they have made the point that a single round from one individual gun on the Yamato would have been enough to sink an aircraft carrier of the day.  Of course, that would not be very fair in this game.  But, I believe that due to all the things you guys have said - armour, shell type, weight of explosive, etc (the captain, strategy, etc) - plus other factors, make it the more powerful. 

That the Montana has been made a better ship is disappointing to me, and may be due to the bias in the makers of the design for this game.  As for accuracy, well, that's a mute point considering the distances in the game.  The Yamato had its weaknesses including slower reloads, but at its heyday the instruments it had for aiming were superior to that of other nations.  The Montana may have, in the end, better radar (the brits had the best), but it doesn't rule out the fact that the positioning power the Yamato had, hadn't diminished, and therefore, could still compete and sink the Montana despite the Montana having the most modern (at that time) capabilities.   Because a ship at that time had the most modern of equipment didn't make it necessarily a better ship, as we see in today's modern warfare.  That's also why it is difficult to know which would really win in a battle.  If anything, the Yamato should have the same capacity as the Montana in this game, but I doubt that will happen - just consider the replies that will happen to this reply.

What is 'legendary mode' in this game??

Spoiler
Spoiler

Edited by brokentooth

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles
5 hours ago, brokentooth said:

What is 'legendary mode' in this game??

I wrote Legendary Mod, not mode.

And no, I disagree with the "what would yamato do" post. Just having the gun caliber isn't everything in IRL.

[12345]
37 posts
8,483 battles

Sunlo2013 - lol wish that were true - but I think the Yamato would make a bit of a mess of the Montana.  :Smile_trollface: