You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
mr_glitchy_R

Is Izumo still crappy?

25 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
188 posts
4,025 battles

The new, thicker deck means she is much more resistant to HE from non IFHE  cruiser fire.

So, overall, she is much tankier, or at least less prone to being murdered by HE fire.

Of course, the turrets turn slowly, the turret layout is terrible and like all T9 BB's (Except Iowa), she feels like a step down to the T8 and so many people just Free XP straight past it.

Is it just me, or are so many T9 ships mediocre compared to the T8 and the step to T10 is just huge in terms of power.

653 posts
7,768 battles

Free EXP Izumo

If you want to try it,avoid Stock Hull the best you can

7 minutes ago, FinbarAu said:

Is it just me, or are so many T9 ships mediocre compared to the T8 and the step to T10 is just huge in terms of power.

i see T9 as a barrier for some ship lines

[LNA]
1,696 posts
10,543 battles

It is very good now , with a but.

If you can stand HE shell spammers like akizuki and worcester line then you are gold. Any ship hate getting HE spammed , but even more so with Izumo since your turret layout sucks a lot.

You will need a lot of turning to actually get guns on target and with the crappy mobility that you have , it aint fun.

The ship is very resistant to AP , much more so than Yamato , but you need to swing that armor alot more often to compensate.

And also unupgraded Izumo is the prime target of CV , prepare to get focused alot. Even when fully armed you are still an easy pick up for more experienced CV.

Honestly the main reason Izumo suck is because Musashi exist.

1,391 posts
9,097 battles

Tbh I never had a problem with the Izumo, even before her armour was buffed. Imo there are far worse ships at Tier 9 like FDG and Ibuki. She was truly bad in the early days of WoWs, but she was improved sometime after that and more recently got buffed further with the armour buff.

Here is my very first game in the Izumo, completely stock too:

Spoiler

1.thumb.jpg.a35938fe19e63eb9f55fa5c9878a35c7.jpg

edit.thumb.jpg.727042bf1d43f93650e847831a1557dc.jpg

I think the problem is players are too used to the Amagi, and try to play the Izumo like one. But Izumo's playstyle couldn't be any more different. She has more of a static bow-in playstyle, similar to how one might play a Yamato. Imo the Izumo is very good training for the Yamato, and you shouldn't free xp it. If you can get the Izumo to work for you, you will feel very comfortable in the Yamato.

[AE]
202 posts
9,623 battles

I am wracking my brains to think of any good tier IX tanks or ships.

Seriously, WG has been producing crappy tier IXs forever. It is to ensure you free xp to tier X.

284 posts
1,217 battles
11 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Seriously, WG has been producing crappy tier IXs forever. It is to ensure you free xp to tier X.

Even Iowa is bad too? 

380 posts
4,346 battles
1 hour ago, Flemboy said:

How about Alsace and Iowa? The rest of them are just plain.

1,391 posts
9,097 battles
3 hours ago, Flemboy said:

There are plenty of good Tier 9s. Iowa, Alsace, Fletcher to name a few. Others like Neptune, Roon and Kitakaze are pretty decent and can hold their own too. Not to mention the free XP Premiums like Musashi and Missouri.

Imo the only real stinkers are FDG and Ibuki.

354 posts
9,048 battles
7 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

There are plenty of good Tier 9s. Iowa, Alsace, Fletcher to name a few. Others like Neptune, Roon and Kitakaze are pretty decent and can hold their own too. Not to mention the free XP Premiums like Musashi and Missouri.

Imo the only real stinkers are FDG and Ibuki.

Ibuki, FDG, Izumo - my first 3 t9s :(

653 posts
7,768 battles
29 minutes ago, ahwai82 said:

nobody mention lion, the ship to counter bow on musashi and yamato lol

any of the BBs can choose HE shells to counter bow on the 2 sisters

11 posts
1,348 battles

Ship itself is fine (just she sails like a pig, cannot change position like Amagi does). Her guns are very strong and shell has hyper penetration power; I once did 4 citadel in a single salvo to a yamato just under her first turret belt with my bare front 6 guns. Tanky when bow on, only musashi and yamato can deal tons of damage at that position. However, it is hard to play since there are tons of HE spammers against you, you turn = you die, still bow on = they bbq you alive (deck is already sprayed with octane). I am average player, hence, getting 70/80K damage with Izumo is not as easy as I am in Amagi.

Solution: I stacked tons of flags and camo for normal xp and freexp (+ premium time + premium version DCP + Heal + fireproof/heal flags) and then dive to yamato. Still had to play around 70-80 battles with 50-60 win rate. Ship is ok, HE meta sucks.

Edited by Luna_Frost_Moonfung

179 posts
5,046 battles
On 10/14/2018 at 8:05 PM, Flemboy said:

Do you even play any T9 ships or you just free xp pass them without even give any of them a try? :cap_wander: Sorry, but it sounds just like that.

Roon is good, Buffalo is good, Z46 is good, Iowa is better than NC for sure, Kitakaze is also much better than Akizuki, Alsace is a beast, etc. I've tried lots of ships in PTS so I can say so with confidence. 

Edited by Paladinum

[151ST]
1,026 posts
4,669 battles

Izumo is still bad, he guns are only reliable at closer ranges (under 18km) which puts you are risk of flamenwerfers not to mention DDs.

I also find hers and Yamatos gameplay to be stale and unfun compared to Amagi.

Seriously want them to make an IJN BB split based on their BCs (Kongo/Amagi).

380 posts
4,346 battles
18 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Seriously want them to make an IJN BB split based on their BCs (Kongo/Amagi).

I hope too. But implementing BC line in the game will never be the main thing that WG will focus on.

461 posts
8,519 battles

I didn't like Izumo at first like many others, but after the upgrades she does get better. I even managed a decent WR and damage after a while. I think it took some time to get used to very different play style she has compared to Amagi, and she's not so good stock. Other than that it can work ok, just you have to adjust your play style quite a bit.

I recently got the FDG, and that is the true T9 POS BB. It just basically isn't good unless RNG gods smile upon you, and even then you can struggle.

[AE]
202 posts
9,623 battles
On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:46 PM, Paladinum said:

Do you even play any T9 ships or you just free xp pass them without even give any of them a try? :cap_wander: Sorry, but it sounds just like that.

Roon is good, Buffalo is good, Z46 is good, Iowa is better than NC for sure, Kitakaze is also much better than Akizuki, Alsace is a beast, etc. I've tried lots of ships in PTS so I can say so with confidence. 

No you are absolutely correct. In general, I try not to play most of them at all. I should re-consider my statement. The tier X ships, and tanks, across the board, are so much better, in every respect, that although some tier IXs might be "Good", they are not worth it. Most impressive IX was Fletcher, but the Gearing is so much better there is no comparison. They are "Comparatively" awful, and usually not worth keeping once you get the X.

[TLS]
Beta Tester
695 posts
3,646 battles
On 10/13/2018 at 7:25 PM, legionary2099 said:

It is very good now , with a but.

If you can stand HE shell spammers like akizuki and worcester line then you are gold. Any ship hate getting HE spammed , but even more so with Izumo since your turret layout sucks a lot.

You will need a lot of turning to actually get guns on target and with the crappy mobility that you have , it aint fun.

The ship is very resistant to AP , much more so than Yamato , but you need to swing that armor alot more often to compensate.

And also unupgraded Izumo is the prime target of CV , prepare to get focused alot. Even when fully armed you are still an easy pick up for more experienced CV.

Honestly the main reason Izumo suck is because Musashi exist.

You forgot DE Conqueror. You can burn it two times even after you spam DCP.

380 posts
4,346 battles

Dang it Japanese why couldn't you design your own Nelson? Izumo's B turret can't do 360 degree turn which is sucks because every other ships with this turret placement design can do that. Also, her C hull is pointless. Why did WG still put an additional hull on some ships? It's just waste on free exp and credits. Maybe, after you get the C hull, the B turret are able to rotate 360 degree. Or the C turret placement should be changed like the Nelson.

[TOGN]
Beta Tester
115 posts
13,566 battles

mate its to  test your patience and when you get the 10 you can look back and say to wg i beat your challenge .. i have done it nine times now and refuse the easy way by using  free xp  only yesterday i unlocked and brought the republic now i have all 5 t10 bbs