You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

You get a Warspite, and you get a Warspite, and YOU get a Warspite...

31 comments in this topic

316 posts
4,638 battles

The Royal Navy event this month must be the most generous (easy?) one yet. A Tier 6 premium ship, a T5 DD (yes, of course I get Acasta and not Jervis... I am not lucky just persistent),  and a truckload of flags'n'stuff in return for playing what, maybe 30 random battles over three weekends?

This is my Warspite. Currently one of the few in the game equipped with last stand and survivability expert, but Jack Dunkirk is just popping in for tea before going back to Acasta.

5bc12d2b5b288_Screenshot(376).thumb.png.95e6317f9e144af3a0823f2004b59a8a.png

Acasta ... people seem to slag this ship off, but I like this DD a lot. It's similar to a Nicholas I guess, but sneakier, and with several patented RN tricks: SmokeOnDemand(tm), TorpsInALine(tm), and Stop'n'Start(tm) which, combined, offer near non stop hilarity. Plus once the line opens up there's Jervis and Lightning to look forward to.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,832 posts
4,122 battles

Yeap, its a good event and I've been very fortunate.  I got all 4 DD's,   I got my captain, I got my Warspite and I got 4500 doubloons because I already had the gallant.  Now all that is left is to earn Guineas for the Cossak.

The Acasta and Icarus aren't bad.  And Acasta certainly isn't the worst T5 DD around.  Its just that compared to the Jervis and the Lightning they are pretty ordinary

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles
2 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Yeap, its a good event and I've been very fortunate.  I got all 4 DD's,   I got my captain, I got my Warspite and I got 4500 doubloons because I already had the gallant.  Now all that is left is to earn Guineas for the Cossak.

The Acasta and Icarus aren't bad.  And Acasta certainly isn't the worst T5 DD around.  Its just that compared to the Jervis and the Lightning they are pretty ordinary

all 4? damn, care to donate one to me?

:cap_happy:

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,761 battles
5 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Now all that is left is to earn Guineas for the Cossak.

Sadly the Cossack is just a Lightning with significantly worse guns and 40% of the torps.  It is very nearly free however so it's hard to complain too much, and to be fair, Lightning is the best T8 DD in the game, so being a bit worse than it isn't exactly terrible.

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles

The event is easy and generous , but this campaign is definitely geared toward newer players , with so much excitement like 3 premium ships give away ( nearly ).

However , as an old man in game , i find the event meh to a certain extent. Not faulty , just not that hyped. Maybe anime dancing gifs would actually cheer me up ( still wait for Kan Colle),

[LBAS]
163 posts
3,925 battles
2 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

. Maybe anime dancing gifs would actually cheer me up ( still wait for Kan Colle),

Kantai Collection would sell out and be so ridiculously popular. Pity it wont happen. I'd love to pick up some of it for my Weeb collection, given I wasn't playing when ARP happened :(

That said, I'm in much the same boat (no pun intended) (not old though).  I now have the Warspite, I turned the Gallant into Dubloons and got the Captain.  From now though, I'm just turning my dubloons into Camoflage and Flags, because there is literally nothing else that interests me. The Cossack doesnt, I dont want more crates, The only DD I didn't get is Jervis and I'm prepared to wait for the line launch to get it.....

The actual campaign though? I think it's fun. I'm not excited about it, because all the radar ships makes playing a DD so much harder than 2 years ago. Challenging? Sure, Does it interest me to have everyone shoot me when I try to do anything? Not really.

I do like the Lightning though, I've had some great games where the most I did was a few dozen gun hits and a whole lot of spotting damage.

194 posts
1,019 battles
12 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

Acasta ... people seem to slag this ship off, but I like this DD a lot.

How's your experience with Acasta? I got detonated frequently in Co-OP. And i was in a match where a Cossack detonated two destroyers lol. 

114 posts
2,630 battles
9 hours ago, Pervis117 said:

3 premium ships for the total expenditure of 1 USD. 

That's the most generous event WG has ever thrown. I am grateful. 

Are you sure you have enough sovs for both warspite and gallant just from free RN containers?

316 posts
4,638 battles
11 hours ago, waichung1823 said:

How's your experience with Acasta? I got detonated frequently in Co-OP. And i was in a match where a Cossack detonated two destroyers lol. 

Detonated? Hasn't happened yet - though I rarely get hit outside of late game yolo BB rushes. That's the thing with Acasta: It's tricky to do a lot of damage, but SmokeOnDemand(tm) makes you nearly impossible to kill.

Perhaps you should equip det flags?

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,761 battles
5 hours ago, zergling_ said:

Are you sure you have enough sovs for both warspite and gallant just from free RN containers?

Well you need 84 normal containers to get the 420 sovereigns for the Gallant and Warspite.  Sovereigns are valid until patch 0.7.11 which drops on the 15 Nov.  That gives you 8 weeks of missions, and you get about 12 crates per week, or 96 crates total.  So you should get more than enough if you do all the missions to get both ships.  If you luck out and get a Jervis or Lightning you'll be able to get an extra premium container a week, which is worth 3 normal containers in terms of sovereigns.

The event is easy and generous , but this campaign is definitely geared toward newer players , with so much excitement like 3 premium ships give away ( nearly ).

However , as an old man in game , i find the event meh to a certain extent. Not faulty , just not that hyped. Maybe anime dancing gifs would actually cheer me up ( still wait for Kan Colle),

I do see what you're saying, but even for people with everything already, it's still a very generous event.  You can get 11000 doubloons, or you can get a special RN captain, or a ton of flags/camos.  All of this is free, and you get it basically by playing the game as you normally would.  I honestly think it's a brilliant event for everyone.

If you really have just tons of everything, you can buy combat flags with sovereigns, and there is no other way in the game to actually purchase these, so that is incredibly valuable.  I for one can never have enough det or speed flags.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,640 battles

Developers diary for 7.10 says in next update you will "NOT" be able to earn sovereigns anymore (28 sec mark).

so say goodbye to sovereigns soon.

114 posts
2,630 battles
2 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

Well you need 84 normal containers to get the 420 sovereigns for the Gallant and Warspite.  Sovereigns are valid until patch 0.7.11 which drops on the 15 Nov.  That gives you 8 weeks of missions, and you get about 12 crates per week, or 96 crates total.  So you should get more than enough if you do all the missions to get both ships.  If you luck out and get a Jervis or Lightning you'll be able to get an extra premium container a week, which is worth 3 normal containers in terms of sovereigns.

Check again, eventhough sovs are valid until 0.7.11, but we will not get any additional sovs on 0.7.10. Sorry I can't give any link for reference as I'm on mobile so its a bit of a hassle to do it, but you can find the info yourself on developer diary 0.7.10, and also in one of the videos (also about 0.7.10/halloween patch) where one of the producers (the girl with colorful hair) said the same. In 0.7.10 there will be no more free RN containers but we will get halloween containers instead.

This means there will only about half of what you are estimating there, so only enough for either gallant or warspite, but not both.

114 posts
2,630 battles
1 minute ago, BigWaveSurfer said:

Developers diary for 7.10 says in next update you will "NOT" be able to earn sovereigns anymore (28 sec mark).

Yup, this is what I meant in my other post.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,640 battles
8 minutes ago, zergling_ said:

Yup, this is what I meant in my other post.

That's funny we must have been writing that at the same time.

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,761 battles
1 hour ago, zergling_ said:

Check again, eventhough sovs are valid until 0.7.11, but we will not get any additional sovs on 0.7.10. Sorry I can't give any link for reference as I'm on mobile so its a bit of a hassle to do it, but you can find the info yourself on developer diary 0.7.10, and also in one of the videos (also about 0.7.10/halloween patch) where one of the producers (the girl with colorful hair) said the same. In 0.7.10 there will be no more free RN containers but we will get halloween containers instead.

This means there will only about half of what you are estimating there, so only enough for either gallant or warspite, but not both.

Thanks for that, totally my fault, appreciate the correction!  That does mean you'll be able to get one or the other but not both for free, as you say.

194 posts
1,019 battles
1 minute ago, Rainskov said:

I just get  2 DD acasta and icarus, how can get warspite?

Collect Sovereign through Royal Navy Containers from Royal Navy missions. If you have enough 220 sovereigns, you can exchange Warspite in Arsenal. 

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles
2 minutes ago, Rainskov said:

I just get  2 DD acasta and icarus, how can get warspite?

exchange it for 220 sovereigns ( silver shield that you get 5 of per container ) in the Arsenal.

[AMPOL]
42 posts
3,405 battles

If you are inclined to shell out cash for WoW, then the premium RN Containers are reasonable value, particularly compared to other premium containers. I got the three RNs DDs quickly, plus the Warspite, dubs for Gallant and a load of RN cams and signals.

[BASE2]
3 posts
17,253 battles
On 10/14/2018 at 2:13 PM, BigWaveSurfer said:

Video is about 0.7.10, so next update means 0.7.11. 
Its badly worded.

"Please note that the Royal Navy category and the ability to use Sovereigns to obtain its contents will stay available in Update 0.7.10, so you'll have plenty of time to choose the items you want. With the release of Update 0.7.11, each Sovereign in your possession will be exchanged for 25,000 credits. "
https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/royal-navy/
Near the bottom just above the8c7a24c2-aafa-11e8-88f9-d89d6715223c.pngGuineas section.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,490 battles
58 minutes ago, kartane said:

Video is about 0.7.10, so next update means 0.7.11. 
Its badly worded.

"Please note that the Royal Navy category and the ability to use Sovereigns to obtain its contents will stay available in Update 0.7.10, so you'll have plenty of time to choose the items you want. With the release of Update 0.7.11, each Sovereign in your possession will be exchanged for 25,000 credits. "
https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/royal-navy/
Near the bottom just above the8c7a24c2-aafa-11e8-88f9-d89d6715223c.pngGuineas section.

So there is a chance there will still be the ability to earn soveriegns? Hope so, I will be 40 short of 220.

316 posts
4,638 battles

The next update referred to in the video about 7.10 means 7.10, the next update from our current point of view of 7.9.

In 7.10 you will not be able to earn RN currency, but you can still spend it.

In 7.11 you will no longer be able to spend RN currency.

Edited by Rina_Pon