Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Destroyer_Shiranui

My Suggestion: focus on improving gaming experience

1 comment in this topic

2 posts
805 battles

It's one thing to cry for what you want, it's another to care for the game's future. 

The following suggestions are intended for WG managers and directors,

(You may wander how a new player would come up with this kind of suggestion,  actually I was in WoT beta, that make almost ten years with WG, as a customer. Some employers sure go beyond that but should be enough to make my point. One will not give suggestion to things he believe will never change,  the recent carrier work show something is still alive in the company. That's why I decided to give my opinion now)

My suggestion is to sit back in your chair and recall, what made WoT and WoWS popular? 

Is it because it's balanced like The Star-craft 1? 

Maybe not.

Is it because it's so much cheaper than any other game?

Maybe not.

Most of your customers will tell you:

Because it was fun.

People so often pay to have fun, only the ones that had fun, will pay you back.

It's very easy to forget that in general, balance and fun usually go against each other. 

Take some time look at videos from early wows or in beta. game was not remotely balanced compare to today's version, yet everyone was having fun, isn't it ?  Plus your don't really have to play your ship like a tank,  you play a ship like a ship.  (If a captain tell you he had to angle his bow armor to tank enemy shells in real life sea battles you'd think this guy's crazy. )

Keep making a game more and more balanced does not necessarily make it more appealing to your customer, in most cases, make your game boring as players can only have fun through painful grinding and stressful learning from mistakes. the when effort to fun ratio break certain point, player will start to leave your game.

That is precisely what I noticed as WoWS public test progresses. It is getting boring. 

Today this ratio of effort to fun is going beyond many people's tolerance level, if you spend some time read the comment from some steam users, it's a clear fact .

1. Instead of a perfectly balanced e-sport which is stressful for casual players. Focus your limited resource to provide more fun and exciting moments to your customers.

Sign in to follow this