You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
keskparane

Damn the orders, hard to port.

10 comments in this topic

2,224 posts
13,741 battles

Anyone else notice their ship turning without input recently? I have had it on quite a few game. At first I figured I had inadvertently pressed Q or E but last game I know I hadn't. Rudder display didn't show but my ship was in a hard turn.

2,224 posts
13,741 battles
8 minutes ago, Bengal_Tiger23 said:

I've only noticed the "Auto Terrain Avoidance' working as usual. Nothing else untoward.

Ahhhhhh. I'm not on my normal PC. It was on.

[SIF]
36 posts
3,297 battles

Yes mate, I don't normally play DD but having a bit of fun with the new Acasta and today have had a few very strange changes of direction I did not expect.

thought I must have hit the wrong key and the checked just before I got sunk that I had not. I thought weird but let it go.???

Bugger

Z

492 posts
7,669 battles

Playing RN DD with these missions, I have had my helm hard over in one direction while my ship is visibly still turning hard the other way. Took noticeably several seconds for ship to actually turn in the direction the rudder was commanding.

Ping fine, no lag, nothing untoward observed in battle other than this anomaly. Has happened on more than one occasion, seems to be only in DD for me. Other classes seem unaffected  

201 posts
1,732 battles
3 hours ago, HobartAWD said:

Playing RN DD with these missions, I have had my helm hard over in one direction while my ship is visibly still turning hard the other way. Took noticeably several seconds for ship to actually turn in the direction the rudder was commanding.

Ping fine, no lag, nothing untoward observed in battle other than this anomaly. Has happened on more than one occasion, seems to be only in DD for me. Other classes seem unaffected  

It might be worth some of us testing this out in Co-Op or the Training Room. I have been using Cossack in Co-Op for the Directives and she does seem a little over sensitive to the "ATA", but nothing unusual. Icarus & Jervis I used briefly and there was nothing stood out.

I'll try them out in Co-Op this arvo and see if this can be re-produced. Lol, I have some Directives to complete. 

Are you certain that it is not the "Auto Terrain Avoidance" that is effecting things?

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23

201 posts
1,732 battles

Just tried "Acasta" and she did not answer the helm when trying to avoid a torp spread. Hmmm. They just missed by a hairs breadth. lol:cap_fainting: 

I will try some other RN DD's and see what happens. Later this afternoon.

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23

492 posts
7,669 battles
1 hour ago, Bengal_Tiger23 said:

It might be worth some of us testing this out in Co-Op or the Training Room. I have been using Cossack in Co-Op for the Directives and she does seem a little over sensitive to the "ATA", but nothing unusual. Icarus & Jervis I used briefly and there was nothing stood out.

I'll try them out in Co-Op this arvo and see if this can be re-produced. Lol, I have some Directives to complete. 

Are you certain that it is not the "Auto Terrain Avoidance" that is effecting things?

Through the game settings I only use terrain avoidance in the binocular sniper view. This should not have been the cause as I was at the time out of sniper view and was turning hard to port then followed that by turning hard to starboard. Even after rudder had centered and turned fully to starboard ship was still turning fully to port for a few seconds.

I was "avoiding" torps at the time. No avoiding took place as I barrelled straight into an easily dodge able spread of 2 torps. So much for nimble DDs :Smile_facepalm:

I might try turning terrain avoidance off completely to see if that makes any difference in the next few days

Edited by HobartAWD

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles
On 10/12/2018 at 1:06 PM, keskparane said:

Anyone else notice their ship turning without input recently? I have had it on quite a few game. At first I figured I had inadvertently pressed Q or E but last game I know I hadn't. Rudder display didn't show but my ship was in a hard turn.

Although, I still notice sometimes ships release rudder even when I am pressing 'A' or 'D' really hard. This is very annoying when I am trying to dodge shells/torps/ships/island.... WG seems to have no time to fix game issues cause they have to make so many ships and boxes.....

2,224 posts
13,741 battles
4 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Although, I still notice sometimes ships release rudder even when I am pressing 'A' or 'D' really hard. This is very annoying when I am trying to dodge shells/torps/ships/island.... WG seems to have no time to fix game issues cause they have to make so many ships and boxes.....

Yeah I'm pretty sure that is caused by the game not registering a keyheld event after returning from entering text in chat. A simple fix that they ignore.