You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
INSDESTROYER

Daily Containers Content need rethink

20 comments in this topic

36 posts
6,975 battles

5bbf62d8a09e5_Containerrethink.jpg.17fa95fd584f754d34506f17c50a187e.jpg

Most of World of Warships Players are aware of above options that are given on obtaining daily containers. I think these options/ content needs a rethink. 

1) More Credits - If you are lucky you can get maximum of 1,50,000 credits. Now i can earn that in premium ship. I missed out on the Missouri. But i earned Indi and Aigle, which earn decent credits even if you have bad game. So why would i go for Credit containers. Also the daily missions gives me credits occasionally. Duplicates get converted into credits (Go navy and WOW anniversary special arsenal currency if left unspent) So only new players will pick this option if they are short on credits for buying new ships. Having said that the cost of lower tier ships is pretty low. 

2) More Signals and Camouflages - Most of the in-game missions and events give me signals and camouflages as rewards. For Example - Go Navy Event, WOW Anniversary Event or Current Royal Navy Event - gives everyone signals and camos from dedicated containers. On going Kitty event also is rewarding with signals. Also in game rewards like dreadnought, fire proof, etc gives corresponding signals. So why on earth would i choose this option from Daily Containers.

3) More Consumables - Again something that can be brought using credits (auto-resupply feature uses credits).These consumables are also available via daily missions. 

4) More Resources - a no brainer - Coal is needed in Arsenal - to buy new ships, upgrades, even signals, or commanders. So almost all players go for this option to stockpile on coal. 

5) Try Your Luck - few players will go for this option of trying luck of obtaining Super Containers. I only try this on my 3rd container of the day. 

So if coal is highly valued in current setting, the other 4 options are almost rarely selected. I think other players might be thinking down same line. So i think these daily rewards need re-think. Players must be made to think long and hard before going for an option, rather than just grind for coal. (Just like current Royal Navy Event - I have to think hard on what i want to buy using Sovereigns  - whether i want to buy premium dd or premium bb or 10 point special skill commander) 

316 posts
4,653 battles

As you know, coal is a recent addition to the game. If the coal container and arsenal feel like bolt-on additions that's only because that's exactly what they are.

There must be some significant benefit for WG to make them want to introduce a dozen different in game currencies. I guessed a while back that it was to gate off the real-money doubloon economy from the incentive-based reward economy. I have no idea really...

Back on topic, the container selection is got kinda bloated, but since different players have different needs and wants it's hard to see that it can be retroactively fixed to the satisfaction of everyone. The only "fair" way is to have one single container type with all contents selected at random, which is likely to please no one.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,834 posts
4,134 battles

More resources container are my only choice.   None of the other containers offer anything I want.  TYL drops so little compared to the increased chance of a SC.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,641 battles

Same.....resources for me, still get eco flags from it, plus I'm 20k away from tier 10 premium ship. Why would I take anything else? :cap_hmm:

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,834 posts
4,134 battles
40 minutes ago, BigWaveSurfer said:

Same.....resources for me, still get eco flags from it, plus I'm 20k away from tier 10 premium ship. Why would I take anything else? :cap_hmm:

My thoughts exactly.  Resources containers allowed me to get a Musashi for doing nothing more than logging in.    I was able to use my FXP for a Kron and still have 500k left to build up for the next ship. Meanwhile coal and FXP are building up again.

[LBAS]
4,472 posts
25,644 battles
5 hours ago, BigWaveSurfer said:

what ? Salem ? :cap_popcorn:

untitled.JPG

36 posts
6,975 battles

Thank You all for reply :cap_like:

That is why i think the daily containers content needs rethink

Few suggestions - 

May be couple of doubloons drooping out from each container  (enough to get upgrade demount, or port slot after month or so) 

Something like 300000 credits from 1 container 

Confirmed Economy flags drop from signal containers

Chance of Permanent Camo dropping from Camo Containers (may be lower tier  4-6) 

Discount Coupon for Arsenal dropping from 1 of these containers 

Something that would make players think rather than going for "more resources" all the time. 

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,764 battles

Although more resources is fine if you are going for ships, I personally would never use it unless there was something very specific that cost a lot of coal that I wanted.

There is no way to purchase combat flags in the game, and really the only semi-reliable way to get these much needed flags is to use the flag containers.  I always use these, and they've been the difference between running out of essential flags and keeping enough stocked to just get me through.

As for the other containers, I have more credits than I'll ever use, so obviously that is pointless for me, but credits can be a real brake on progress for many people (especially without a premium account), so I imagine that is an extremely useful container for these people.  The consumables containers effectively give credits too - I'm not sure of the actual credit value of these vs what you get in credit containers, but if you get more value then I can definitely see this being viable as well. Try your luck is there for the gamblers I guess!

All in all, everyone has different things they need, and they are able to focus on this by choosing the most appropriate container for them.

Oh, and as for this:

Please no!  I can purchase economy flags, I can't buy combat flags.

[LNA]
1,660 posts
10,447 battles
18 hours ago, INSDESTROYER said:

Thank You all for reply :cap_like:

That is why i think the daily containers content needs rethink

Few suggestions - 

May be couple of doubloons drooping out from each container  (enough to get upgrade demount, or port slot after month or so) 

Something like 300000 credits from 1 container 

Chance of Permanent Camo dropping from Camo Containers (may be lower tier  4-6) 

Discount Coupon for Arsenal dropping from 1 of these containers 

Something that would make players think rather than going for "more resources" all the time. 

This will devalue the currency and escalate the price since WG will lose out on revenues.

My suggestion :

Consumables & camos , with a chance for a rare consumables and camos

More money means more money , you get nothing but credits and maybe a tiny amount of doubloons rarely

More flags , only signal flags , with rare chance for super flags

More coal means only coal, with rare chance for a bit of steel

Standard , which contain a bit of everything. Slight chance of SC increase.

See , the point is to specialize so you get what you want and not deflate the values. What you are suggesting is way too much

[AE]
200 posts
9,488 battles

Moggy, if you choose the resources option you get coal.

With coal you CAN buy combat flags.

Not only did I get the Musashi in a mere 3 months or less of just playing and choosing this option (saving hundreds of thousands on free xp), but as stated, coal can buy almost anything in game.

Also, on try your luck I averaged about 2 supercontainers a month, or 3 in two months.

Using resources choice I have already received 3 supercontainers, so the ratio of supercontainers is not that different from TYL.

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,764 battles
1 hour ago, Flemboy said:

Moggy, if you choose the resources option you get coal.

With coal you CAN buy combat flags.

Not only did I get the Musashi in a mere 3 months or less of just playing and choosing this option (saving hundreds of thousands on free xp), but as stated, coal can buy almost anything in game.

Also, on try your luck I averaged about 2 supercontainers a month, or 3 in two months.

Using resources choice I have already received 3 supercontainers, so the ratio of supercontainers is not that different from TYL.

Buying flags with coal is absurdly expensive.  The coal from a resource container can buy you 2-3 flags, where the signal container gives you 8-12.  I only use coal to buy flags if I am desperate (and with coupons if I can, although you obviously don't get many).

I have about 2.4m free xp atm, I don't really need to buy ships with coal unless something really enticing becomes available - the Bourgogne is the only current possibility I would save for, and even then I would only use coal if I had to and I would go back to signal containers as soon as I bought it.

As far as chances of getting supercontainers are - from all standard container types it is 1.5%, from TYL it doubles to 3%.

1,340 posts
8,848 battles

I use all of the options except the TYL and the more consumables one.

TYL because it is just not worth it, more consumables because I don't use actually use all the Premium consumables, though it can be useful if you are the type who uses Premium consumables for everything.

More credits is always useful because it used for everything. Right now I am actually picking the more credits option as I am rather low on credits after buying a whole slew of Tier 10s due to the recent the anniversary SC giveway. I still don't have enough credits to buy my Midway or upgrades for many of my other Tier 10s, so I foresee myself continuing to pick this option in the new future.

The signal flag option is also good because that is the only thing credits can't buy. Before the coal option was introduced, I always picked this unless I was running low on credits.

Coal is my default pick, though imo it is a bit overrated. The only useful thing you can buy with coal are the Premium ships and the Special upgrades; the coal price for signals and camos are too high compared to the Premium ships and upgrades. You get better value by just picking the signal flag option - the only advantage you get from buying signals with coal is the ability to choose which specific flag you want.

Beta Tester
908 posts

I go try your luck everytime. You get 900 coal or 750 fxp. 

Credits dont matter if you have a premium account. 

Try your luck if you want to aim for super containers. 

36 posts
6,975 battles

Suggestions are not way off mark - upcoming update 0.7.10 update notes - Halloween container have a small chance of dropping permanent Halloween camos 

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/game-updates/update-0710-halloween/

What should drop/ options of daily containers is open for debate, but it should not be all about coal as it currently is.