You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
mingkimingki

matchmaking algorithm

17 comments in this topic

197 posts
1,024 battles

I would like to know about that too. I have no idea how it works. Also wonder how often i got up tier lol, driving a Colorado and met tier 9 Iowa and Musashi, seriously.... Those MM... :/

Edited by waichung1823

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

WG keeps that a secret for "preventing people from rigging and abusing the algorithm" meanwhile CV botting and 788s are repents and they don't give a shit. go figure

245 posts
5,809 battles

It’s one of those things they’ll never reveal, partly so they can change it when necessary without telling anyone.

309 posts
4,065 battles
On 10/11/2018 at 4:00 PM, mingkimingki said:

how exactly is the game's matchmaking algorithm system?

Don't ask me how. I don't know how it work. It's just does.

43 posts
2,377 battles

I'll give a brief description on how it works.

Basically if you do good things irl, ie. Say thank you to the bus driver. You get top tier for 1 match.

Vice Versa.

If you do bad things irl, you get btm tier with team killers on your team.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,833 posts
4,122 battles

There are certain things that DO affect MM.

One is karma,  Downvotes will give you a bad team.  Non prem accounts also give you a bad team.

/S

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
176 posts
6,430 battles

LOL yea the algorithm is similar in function as Karma. Both working as intended.

I'd like to know why as a T8 you almost always drop into T10 matches? Why isn't it T7 means T6,7,8 T8 means T7,8,9 and so on?

Amyways I don;t think they have any real method its pretty random like most of the game, RNG says you win you win, RNG says nope you lose, players are merely a method if gaining income required for that but nothing else.

491 posts
7,634 battles
17 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

There are certain things that DO affect MM.

One is karma,  Downvotes will give you a bad team.  Non prem accounts also give you a bad team.

Well sheeet. I have good karma and a prem account and I still get rubbish teams. Conclusive proof the MM is broke right there...….. :Smile-_tongue:

[AMPOL]
42 posts
3,421 battles

MM RNG gave me 9:1 random loss ratio potato patch in BBs the other day (Nelson, Alabama). Teams I was "gifted" with either YOLOed 4-5 ships before I could even get in a positon to engage, or the other flank totally collapsed. Sure, there were a few not so great matches, but mostly survived and at least top 3-6 XP in most games. My main mistake was not getting up and walking away for a while. WR karma is a strange beast.

82 posts
2,781 battles

I pick a fully AAA spec DD and guess what, no CV, but if I pick a normal DD, there's a CV ... dang its happened about 8 times in a row so far. :Smile_coin:

1,487 posts
14 minutes ago, Otago_F111 said:

I pick a fully AAA spec DD and guess what, no CV, but if I pick a normal DD, there's a CV ... dang its happened about 8 times in a row so far. :Smile_coin:

Yep, I get fooled by that... Take out my yorck or atlanta fully AA speccd, guess what? No CVs.... Take it off, planes everywhere.

Ordrazz

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,833 posts
4,122 battles
8 minutes ago, Otago_F111 said:

No doubt you got reported beforehand.  Its always the way.

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts
40 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

And I can say is, "pray to RNGesus harder".

Perhaps your personality contributes to your MM as well just saying.

1,011 posts
7,459 battles

WG mentioned a few things in various articles.

They said they will try to match ships by type and tier. If that is not possible within a particular time from ships in the queue, they fill the teams with similar ships type and tier.

They do not consider if ships have features like radar, for example. You may have two or three radar ships on one team and none on the other… although, this is rare.

At this stage it looks like there are a lot of 5-6-7 and 8-9-10 games, which means T5 or T8 are bottom tier a lot.

What the exact algorithm is behind all this, nobody knows, except WG. But they don’t tell.

Edited by PeterMoe1963
typo corrected