Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FinbarAu

New Ranked Season

27 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
163 posts
3,924 battles

Ok, so they have announced the new Ranked season and are doing things a little differently....

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/game-updates/ranked-sprint/

The big thing for me is..... Tier 5 ships only.

Which is going to be odd. First off, 1 CV per team, but lets face it, there is no DFAA and crap AA, so a well played Carrier is going to dominate more than usual.

Also, smaller maps. Which means it will be harder to hide from the enemy.

Still, what ships do you expect to dominate?

Oktober Revolution and her McDonalds camouflage will be potent, lets face it, it's a very hard ship to put down.

Texas is always solid, but the Iron Duke is like the texas with worse AA and better Citadel.

Japanese DD's are going to be the only ones really capable of Stealth Torping worth a damn, so will be powerful...

The US line has The Omaha, which is made of Citadels, and the Nicholas, who's Smoke may well prove to be a Game Changer. I expect Smoke Camping to be common.

The only other ship I can see being outstanding is Kongo and thats because I just love that ship.

In short, I expect to see McDonalds Communist Sister Ship, Japanese DD's and US DD's with few Cruisers, due to their propensity to get hammered and quickly killed.

354 posts
9,048 battles

Expect to see a lot of Guilio Cesares.

It might be fun - everything t10 is getting very boring.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,831 posts
4,110 battles

Bugger me.  What do you guys want?  A flint?  Its T5 and doesn't event last 2 weeks each time.  Its a bit of fun and those rewards might be a lot for some new player who has just made T5

[ZA]
163 posts
7,364 battles

Maybe a little bit of steels? I mean you can get 1200+ steels by reaching rank10 in normal rank, which is minimal effort.

5000 coals just too little of reward. As said, It meant to be junior rank, WG probably balanz it by shitty reward.

Edited by sunlo2013

[LBAS]
163 posts
3,924 battles

The Cesare may well be present in numbers, but it's Dispersion is......really really bad. To the point where, I think Germans are looking at it, shaking their heads and turning away.

Yes, Kamikaze's are going to be terrifying.

Which makes me wonder, why Tier 5, when Tier 6 was so successful not even 2 years ago.

58 posts
7,189 battles

Actually other than the RN and Asian DD, the T5 DDs are all kind of going well ... the IJN and KM can stealth torp, US and Soviet are guns and Provodsky at 42 knots is going to be like the Ferrari on the field. T5 cruisers are pretty well matched all over, and I had to agree Kongo , Oktoeber, and Cesare likely would be the crown star among BB.

Actually I think T5 for ranked could be fun,and as extension of that I think if WG can have another ranked season with T3 ships in T5 maps then it would be very interesting, no CV, and only the very basic start of BBs

Edited by Mechfori

146 posts
10,176 battles

I'm looking forward to it > much more interesting than another t10 event. And will be great to play T5s again without always coming up against T7s.

Even Emerald could be fun. 

Some great premiums to play: my Okhotnik, Gremy, Kamikaze, Murmansk, Texas . . . all have been gathering dust. 

Can't wait.

423 posts
1 hour ago, Mister_Teatime said:

I'm looking forward to it > much more interesting than another t10 event. And will be great to play T5s again without always coming up against T7s.

Even Emerald could be fun. 

Some great premiums to play: my Okhotnik, Gremy, Kamikaze, Murmansk, Texas . . . all have been gathering dust. 

Can't wait.

I do think the Emerald will do well. My best games in that ship were in the 5 bracket. It does not do well being up tiered. 

I'm looking forward to it. 

3 hours ago, sunlo2013 said:

Maybe a little bit of steels? I mean you can get 1200+ steels by reaching rank10 in normal rank, which is minimal effort.

5000 coals just too little of reward. As said, It meant to be junior rank, WG probably balanz it by shitty reward.

That's the point, to keep out veteran players. Won't mean I won't join in. I've been wanting T5 Rank for a long time. 

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,640 battles

Have you guys forgotten the T-22 has longer range torps then a Kamikaze and can gun her down. Maybe on 2x3 instead of 3x2 but still. oh, and maybe I forgot the reload on Kamikaze is silly fast.

Run it's a nightmare :cap_fainting:

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,761 battles
22 hours ago, FinbarAu said:

First off, 1 CV per team, but lets face it, there is no DFAA and crap AA, so a well played Carrier is going to dominate more than usual.

Carriers are in no way going to dominate.  CV's are ridiculously OP as a class, but that really doesn't start until T7.  At T5 CV's don't have manual attacks (so can't strafe), and few squads with little in the way of reserve planes.

As for the T5 ranked meta, GC/Kami/Gremy, then everything else a fair way behind.

The Cesare may well be present in numbers, but it's Dispersion is......really really bad. To the point where, I think Germans are looking at it, shaking their heads and turning away.

GC has standard dispersion, but with good sigma of 1.9 and ten barrels.  It is actually the second most accurate T5 BB after the Kongo and its better dispersion formula.  With it's superb guns, ridiculous concealment, superb maneuverability, good speed, and small size, GC is an overpowered ship, and most definitely the best T5 BB.

[LBAS]
163 posts
3,924 battles

If only I had a Kamikaze R. I'd love one. I want one, but I wasn't playing then. I hadn't even heard of WoW then.

Beta Tester
907 posts

Last night myself in gremy. My clan mate in nicholas and another in kami R. We roflstomped a tier 7 game and topped the board. A kami r and gremy is enough to carry. 

This new ranked mode will be a walk in the park with so many irrevocable ranks. 

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles
17 hours ago, BigWaveSurfer said:

Have you guys forgotten the T-22 has longer range torps then a Kamikaze and can gun her down. Maybe on 2x3 instead of 3x2 but still. oh, and maybe I forgot the reload on Kamikaze is silly fast.

Run it's a nightmare :cap_fainting:

Well,

Concealment... Check

Torp reload... Check

Torp speed... Check

Haven't forgotten T22, but that ship is irrelevant right next to kamikaze.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,640 battles

T-22

lower conealment  from air.....check

longer range of torp....check

faster firing guns...check

I'll most likely still run my Kamikaze R. I just like to give others without her some hope.

Edited by BigWaveSurfer

283 posts
3,565 battles

Wat, no mention of Konig yet? That thing was a beast when I had her, I know the sigma has been nerfed but surely that thing still has some serious potential even without the fantastic accuracy?

Sign in to follow this