Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
mr_glitchy_R

IJN BB line is kinda boring right now -_-

18 comments in this topic

319 posts
4,084 battles

I need something interesting added to this lines. Maybe BC line? I mean just look at it. Their game play are sort of mixed. after I play a BB then I moved to BC and then BB again. Which is inconsistent. Come on guys this line is the oldest in the game and they need an attention and revision from WG.

104 posts
9,041 battles

Uh. No they don't? They're fine as is, and they, along with their USN counterparts do their job well. They generally don't have any gimmicks because they're already good, reliable ships without any cookie-cutter nonsense.

604 posts
7,608 battles
52 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

Their game play are sort of mixed. after I play a BB then I moved to BC and then BB again. Which is inconsistent. 

Amagi is the only BC i know from the line

Is not far from a Nagato playstyle anyway

1,347 posts
8,872 battles

While I don't mind a BB/BC line split, I don't think that is going to be very high on WG's priorities.

Besides if we are going to talk about inconsitency then look no further than the sub-branch of the IJN DDs.

Edited by Thyaliad

348 posts
7,089 battles

I don't think any line needs a rework. Some ships could do with some balance changes sure but I think if they are going to invest considerable time into anything it should be the current radar meta and making that a bit more realistic in terms of balance.

319 posts
4,084 battles
2 hours ago, OtomeprincessTH said:

Uh. No they don't? They're fine as is, and they, along with their USN counterparts do their job well. They generally don't have any gimmicks because they're already good, reliable ships without any cookie-cutter nonsense.

Yes they are. Nicely balanced and developed. Nvm. Maybe it's just me who bored with this game. But anyway. Why BB lines right now have some gimmicks in it?

2 hours ago, Gummilicious said:

Amagi is the only BC i know from the line

Is not far from a Nagato playstyle anyway

How about Myogi and Kongo?

And why tho? Why IJN DD is the line that needs some consideration? 

191 posts
1,732 battles
1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

More like, IJN DD general playerbase needs a rework.

Agree. IJN DD Torp boats are deadly in the right hands. That's one of the reasons I steer clear of Random Battles. At least until I can work out how to deal with them.

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23

247 posts
5,825 battles

IJN BBs are fine. If they’re boring, it’s because they have a simple concept, which makes them good solid workhorses. I don’t think the line needs splitting in include BCs. Though willI agree that Amagi suffers from T10 matchmaking (as do most T8 ships).

The torp boats suffer due to power creep of other lines.

Yes, they are still good in the hands of those who know what they are doing, but there are a lot of counters nowadays. And almost every other DD can beat them in a gun fight, and radar gets them spotted, meaning they cannot always do what is expected of a dd, I.e. cap.

145 posts
1,305 battles
On 10/9/2018 at 7:52 PM, mr_glitchy_R said:

Why BB lines right now have some gimmicks in it?

because Gimmick department has grudge against Actually good battleships, any battleship that has gimmick, obviously it was a total trash. but you need to release it in market. thus the Battleship also started getting gimmick. Main gun reload booster EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

I really love Iowa. Classic fun.

Edited by Labeat

221 posts
2,681 battles

@Labeat: So far the only battleships armed with Main Battery RB are Jean Bart and Bourgogne. No word on the others yet.

As for battleships armed with gimmicks, I have nothing to say that made any sense so I will stay quiet.

@IJN BB line rework: @DeadArashi has a thread in the suggestions sub-forum that details his proposal for the IJN BB line rework that split the true battleships from battlecruisers. Its worth looking at.

145 posts
1,305 battles
16 minutes ago, TD1 said:

So far the only battleships armed with Main Battery RB are Jean Bart and Bourgogne.

but you know that this gimmick idea is already took action, that means there are chance more bbs will get it with balance reasons. 

AND DO YOU KNOW, RUSSIAN BB LINE ARE STILL TO COME.

273 posts
23,647 battles
19 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Consider this: If a ship or line is horribly not fun to play, the more intelligent portion of the player base will figure out that its not worth their time and move to other lines.

Who does that leave playing this ship or line ?

58 posts
7,189 battles
19 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

I think its the whole DD and counter DD mechanism need work instead. Radar is a issue , BB's AP shoot another, and then there's the question how the DD are grossly mismatched in a game ( I've in games where there is 4 IJN on one side and Soviet + US on the other ). WG had been leaning way too much with BB player that the game mechanics had skewed a lot towards that and this destroy many balanced play with other type of ships, the CL and DD suffered the most in short the mechanism basically now made them pretty much either do their job and die quick or not to go do their job instead.

Radar should be made not to penetrate landmass and the Radar emitting ship should be revealing itself to the enemy whenever Radar is active

The whole torp mechanism should be reworked ; as in real life ; there should be a choice to mount the torp in different configuration just like switching between HE and AP on the fly ( lower speed with longer range, higher speed and short range )

Personally I do not find the IJN BB line extra boring , its no more boring than say RN or US.

85 posts
4,538 battles
12 hours ago, Pervis117 said:

Consider this: If a ship or line is horribly not fun to play, the more intelligent portion of the player base will figure out that its not worth their time and move to other lines.

Who does that leave playing this ship or line ?

"Well, IJN DDs attract those pedophile weaboos" or "IJN DDs has been one of the oldest lines in the game therefore it has bloated popularity" or "IJN DDs attract all noob players". 

Sign in to follow this