You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
waichung1823

Is Duca d'Aosta a good cruiser?

51 comments in this topic

175 posts
1,001 battles

I am facing poverty in WOWs and to get NC is crazy expensive include all modules upgrade it cost at least 18Mil. So i have few Dollars to spend on premium ships, preferred tier 6/7 (the most fun tier ever). I read certain review and Duca d'Aosta seems to be the best premium cruiser to tier 6. 

Is there any better premium ships that prints money faster? 

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles
36 minutes ago, waichung1823 said:

I am facing poverty in WOWs and to get NC is crazy expensive include all modules upgrade it cost at least 18Mil. So i have few Dollars to spend on premium ships, preferred tier 6/7 (the most fun tier ever). I read certain review and Duca d'Aosta seems to be the best premium cruiser to tier 6. 

Is there any better premium ships that prints money faster? 

Duca is mediocre at best. The ship lack so much fun option and it has a bad mix and match of stuffs. She is likely the worst of her peers except for maybe Huang He.

You are better off saving for a tier 8 premium , preferably those with a Kobayashii camo for maximum credit earning ( Kii or Roma , but those 2 are not easy to play ship).

175 posts
1,001 battles
3 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

Duca is mediocre at best. The ship lack so much fun option and it has a bad mix and match of stuffs. She is likely the worst of her peers except for maybe Huang He.

You are better off saving for a tier 8 premium , preferably those with a Kobayashii camo for maximum credit earning ( Kii or Roma , but those 2 are not easy to play ship).

I read LWM review on Duca, she/He said is a Gudboat, i assume it is the best lol. 

Btw, Is Alabama a good Money Maker? I feel like USN BB is much promising. 

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles
3 minutes ago, waichung1823 said:

I read LWM review on Duca, she/He said is a Gudboat, i assume it is the best lol. 

Btw, Is Alabama a good Money Maker? I feel like USN BB is much promising. 

Yes Alabama is a variant of NC that trade gun accuracy for better mobility and torpedo belt. The 2 play nearly identical , except that Alabama can afford to be more risky thanks to its colorado's level of turning and speed retention.

If you have played the NC you will feel right at home with Alabama.

Oh btw , LWM is a bone fide lady.

Edited by legionary2099

Beta Tester
636 posts
3,472 battles

Duca'D Aosta is an undergunned boi along with Duca Degli Abruzzi, but their consumables which allows you to use DFAA , Sonar and Spotting plane at the same time just like Dallas series.

However it has a cost for being quite low Hitpools coupled with citadel on all angles regardless of Battleship 281mm gun , weaker 8 guns, Long range but slow torpedo , Lack of Anti Aircraft Guns with a high advantage of Need for speed and Maneuverability.

But for now Warspite Event is a thing.

175 posts
1,001 battles
14 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Duca'D Aosta is an undergunned boi along with Duca Degli Abruzzi, but their consumables which allows you to use DFAA , Sonar and Spotting plane at the same time just like Dallas series.

However it has a cost for being quite low Hitpools coupled with citadel on all angles regardless of Battleship 281mm gun , weaker 8 guns, Long range but slow torpedo , Lack of Anti Aircraft Guns with a high advantage of Need for speed and Maneuverability.

But for now Warspite Event is a thing.

I spent 100 sovereign on the captain, i dont think i have enough sovereign for Warspite. 

Beta Tester
636 posts
3,472 battles
1 minute ago, waichung1823 said:

I spent 100 sovereign on the captain, i dont think i have enough sovereign for Warspite. 

Thats good for ya but if you really actually want Duca'D Aosta i rather suggest you need to play as back support than sending to frontline as those guns arent helping ( Save it for Broadsiding Cruisers ) . But they are quite be perfect in OP Scenario.

But however Molotov is cheap to buy and hits hard like a hammer due to 180mm gun. Then that Heavy cruiser is good for you. But either way its up to you to pick which Money earning premium cruiser suits you. But you might need to consider buying as its not for just for all show no go, its meant for performance fighting only if you really willing to handle it for long run.

https://asia.wargaming.net/shop/wows/vehicles/3835/

175 posts
1,001 battles
7 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Thats good for ya but if you really actually want Duca'D Aosta i rather suggest you need to play as back support than sending to frontline as those guns arent helping ( Save it for Broadsiding Cruisers ) . But they are quite be perfect in OP Scenario.

But however Molotov is cheap to buy and hits hard like a hammer due to 180mm gun. Then that Heavy cruiser is good for you. But either way its up to you to pick which Money earning premium cruiser suits you. But you might need to consider buying as its not for just for all show no go, its meant for performance fighting only if you really willing to handle it for long run.

https://asia.wargaming.net/shop/wows/vehicles/3835/

I prefer to have stealthy Cruiser with reasonable armor. I know it wont stand against battleship, because i am a hardcore BB player and see how a full salvo from BB can instantly delete a detected cruiser. With this characteristics, which premium cruiser do you recommend? Tier 6/7 is fine. 

Beta Tester
636 posts
3,472 battles

Duca D aosta and Abruzzi is quite stealthy if putting on CE . i cant remember what it is , its probably less than 10km.

But some botes im not familiar with so yeah i cant tell which is preferable style for you. but as far as i know its Abruzzi and Aosta

[1NATN]
286 posts
5,223 battles

T6 seems to be quite rough for cruisers in general, I can't think of a single T6 cruiser premium or otherwise that stands out as even being very strong, much less OP, compared to DDs and BBs at the same tier.

Edited by Webba84

Beta Tester
636 posts
3,472 battles
2 hours ago, User_1145141919810 said:

It is a good CL:Good speed,AP,concealment and torp.

Many T6 scenario available,thus makes it a money printer.

You forgot the con is that the armor at any angle is filled with ammunition storage. A Myogi in Raptor can one shot it. And a torp is useless for such a slow but 12km long range without TA ( Torpedo Acceleration ).

I dont think a good AP is gud for certain BB. ( Save it for cruisers for ez delete due to short fuse AP ).

980 posts
12,617 battles
20 hours ago, waichung1823 said:

I read certain review and Duca d'Aosta seems to be the best premium cruiser to tier 6. 

If you are a good player, it is a good ship. 

If you are not a good player, it is a very bad ship. 

For me, it is a very bad ship. 

419 posts

I love the Duca.

However, you must know that it is captain dependent. anything less than 10 points and you are going to struggle. 

First 4 point skill is tough choice. I have a friend who went Concealment first and hated the pen of the he of the guns. 

i went IFHE first. Loved the he pen, but hated the concealment of the ship.  Once we got the other, we loved the ship even more.

This is not a front line ship, you are support.  I love the 12 km torps, I call them lolpedoes. You get lols on potatoes, cause that's who you're gonna hit. 

They also take so long to travel you can shoot a second set before the first is done. These are highly predictive torps, where are they going to be in 90 seconds? 

Just remember, both sides are right on this. The Duca is not for everyone. If you got a friend who has one, ask to play it before buying.  If not, well be careful there. 

315 posts
4,631 battles
19 hours ago, waichung1823 said:

I prefer to have stealthy Cruiser with reasonable armor. With this characteristics, which premium cruiser do you recommend? Tier 6/7 is fine. 

Sounds like you want an IJN cruiser. No premiums exist below Atago however, though you'd have to imagine WG have plans. T6 Aoba is strong but a bit hard to get the best out of. I find Nurnberg a powerful and easy ship to do well in: just sit back and let the DPM do the talking. At T7, Algerie is probably my first pick for firepower, though Myoko is stealthier and tankier.

But, come to think of it, what's wrong with the T6 premium, degrasse?

Edited by Rina_Pon

175 posts
1,001 battles

Thanks guys, appreciate for your reply. 

I have decided to save up more since Christmas is coming, i guess there will be huge discount or special offer. 

I just hope Belfast still there, i will surely purchase it lol. 

Beta Tester
636 posts
3,472 battles
2 hours ago, waichung1823 said:

Thanks guys, appreciate for your reply. 

I have decided to save up more since Christmas is coming, i guess there will be huge discount or special offer. 

I just hope Belfast still there, i will surely purchase it lol. 

I'm afraid Belfast or Mikhail Kutuzov wont be selling due to broken bote. It was a game ruining experience for beginners. So WG put it off the shelf.

175 posts
1,001 battles
8 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

I'm afraid Belfast or Mikhail Kutuzov wont be selling due to broken bote. It was a game ruining experience for beginners. So WG put it off the shelf.

Yeah Belfast is overpowered even after smoke nerf. It can mount Hydro + Smoke + Radar lol.... 

What about Lolanta? 

Edited by waichung1823

Beta Tester
636 posts
3,472 battles
1 minute ago, waichung1823 said:

Yeah Belfast is overpowered even after smoke nerf. 

What about Lolanta? 

AA bote be like you make CV of the year a bad luck superstitions, but you wont be able to actually hit other class like BB and Cruiser with all that 127mm gun or without proper level 10 commander. tho you make destroyers eat lead easily.

Lolanta is not a Light Cruiser, Kinda like Destroyer with Citadels.

175 posts
1,001 battles
1 minute ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

AA bote be like you make CV of the year a bad luck superstitions, but you wont be able to actually hit other class like BB and Cruiser with all that 127mm gun or without proper level 10 commander. tho you make destroyers eat lead easily.

I see, thanks, that's require good skill to play... Hmmm.. 

175 posts
1,001 battles
47 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Lastly, what about Paytago? I have zero experience on higj tier cruisers, i only play til Emily Bertin

Beta Tester
636 posts
3,472 battles
10 minutes ago, waichung1823 said:

Lastly, what about Paytago? I have zero experience on higj tier cruisers, i only play til Emily Bertin

The only thing about Paytaco is that this Heavy Cruiser is good for support and make sure other weakly armored peasants Cruiser dont mess with you.

Their HE is so lethal that fire damage is going to hurt more than starting fire. This is the quite the most stealth bote with 9.1 KM ( if build with Concealment Expert and Concealment Upgrade but.. a cruiser with radar will defeat you ).

This bote is quite a fast bote along with you can repair like a BB.

This cruiser best played with other cruisers , support DD and BB or try to sneak in and fool enemy DD out of their face.

The Torpedo is kinda feel deadly to many.

The con is that this cruiser has low rate of fire , Citadel Galore if a BB loves you , AA guns are weak peasant  and modules can get rekt easily.

315 posts
4,631 battles
6 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

The only thing about Paytaco is that this Heavy Cruiser is good for support and make sure other weakly armored peasants Cruiser dont mess with you.

Their HE is so lethal that fire damage is going to hurt more than starting fire. This is the quite the most stealth bote with 9.1 KM ( if build with Concealment Expert and Concealment Upgrade but.. a cruiser with radar will defeat you ).

This bote is quite a fast bote along with you can repair like a BB.

This cruiser best played with other cruisers , support DD and BB or try to sneak in and fool enemy DD out of their face.

The Torpedo is kinda feel deadly to many.

The con is that this cruiser has low rate of fire , Citadel Galore if a BB loves you , AA guns are weak peasant  and modules can get rekt easily.

Pretty much sums it up. Atago is never a bad ship to play, whatever the current meta or your MM luck. It rewards your skill, and punishes your ignorance, to a much greater extent than most other ships in the game.

991 posts
7,403 battles
On 10/9/2018 at 12:43 AM, waichung1823 said:

best premium cruiser to tier 6. 

Have you thought about spending 1000 doubloons for a perm camo, maybe Nurnberg or Leander?