Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
elfking2000

embarrassing spelling mistakes

3 comments in this topic

8 posts
3,220 battles

WOWS Developers

How do you feel that your game has so many embarrassing spelling mistakes?  OK, not the English version, but the Chinese version, still, spelling mistakes in your game GUI, menu are embarrassing and annoying.  Some are just simple and basic words, like "report" a player, the word report should be translated to "举报", not "回报", as now in your game, which means "return in favor". where did you get that translation from, even google translator does better than that.  Not asking you become expert at all languages, but at least show some professionalism to your work. Tell you what, send me the English game menu, I translate that to correct Chinses for free, save your budget, and save your embarrassment. 

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Doesn't surprise me.They didn't use to even have a native or properly trained English speaker proof read the news page and patch notes up until what seemed sometime last year.Used to come with bad spelling or grammar errors.Sometimes I would have to go to the NA warships site to read their notes to figure out what the hell they were talking about!

Thats not to mention the in game chat censor.They can't even get it stop censoring ships names ( Ashitaka comes out as A****aka ) or even standard words like button ( ****ton,which is REALLY annoying when you are trying to help a new player with the port UI!).

Getting say forum mods or even a few players who frequent the forums to proof read for them would be a good idea.

605 posts
7,610 battles
3 hours ago, elfking2000 said:

like "report" a player, the word report should be translated to "举报", not "回报", as now in your game, which means "return in favor". 

omg HAHAHA 

Sign in to follow this