You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Warspite

13 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
755 posts
8,558 battles

So I have 200 sovereigns after just completing today's directives... all except the one that needs a T7+ Rn DD (grrrrrrrrrrr…)

I guess after tomorrow's directives I can afford Warspite?

198 posts
1,024 battles

If i m not mistaken, 220 sovereign is needed to purchase Warspite. 

I just spent 100 sovereign on purchasing Bert Dunkirk special captain for my KGV

2,221 posts
13,701 battles

For the price of a smith (or nearabouts) you can get 1 container if you want an extra 15 sovereigns (each account has 1 cheap container & 10 cheap guineas). I know this because I bought it by mistake.

As for Warspite I will have her in a few hours :Smile_coin: Hint playing co-op is the easiest way to get into HOF

Edited by keskparane

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,833 posts
4,122 battles

I got the warpsite from the arsenal and it is a pretty good ship.   Ill get the Gallant today which will add 4700 doubloons to my account as I already own it.  Apart from getting enough Guineas for the Cossack I've done all I want to do with these directives. 

Beta Tester
755 posts
8,558 battles
17 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I got the warpsite from the arsenal and it is a pretty good ship.   Ill get the Gallant today which will add 4700 doubloons to my account as I already own it.  Apart from getting enough Guineas for the Cossack I've done all I want to do with these directives. 

The secondaries can all point forwards and they aren't bad? Is that right?

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,833 posts
4,122 battles

The Warspite?  Its secondaries are good.  5km base and 7.2 max range and shoot HE.   What you said may be the case because its pretty naff at defending itself form the rear with secondaries

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

188 posts
1,723 battles

Hi Max,

Warspite was one of my first Premium ships that I bought. The other was Scharnhorst. I have never regretted getting either of those ships in the 12 months that I have had them. For T6 ops, Warspite and her sister ship Queen Elisabeth are my preferred BB's. Warspite is a bit better as she does not have the short fused ammo like other RN BB's so i have been told. I do find that noticeable. Both these ships do have slow turret traverse, (painfully at times), but there is a trick to them. Because they have very good maneuverability if you swing the ship in the direction you wish to train the guns, they will come around nicely onto target. Also in the current op it is not hard to change flanks and cover the "Raptor" from a threatened area. Warspite is a good brawler with QE just a little less so. This is because her secondary's are quite excellent, I find. The number of DD's that have fallen fowl to my secondary's I have lost count of. Cruisers finished off (burned to death) is surprising. My 19 Point RN commander was trained on this ship and "Duke of York".

If you are interested, my setup:-

Modules: Upgrades MA Mod 1, DCS Mod 1, AS Mod 1, SG Mod 1. Consumables DCP 2, RP 2, SA 2.

Capt. skill level 10: PT, EM, BFT & AFT

Skill 11 - 19: FP, ( She does burn easily. Even the Bot's spam HE. Grrrr. ). Superintendent & AR.

I' m sure others may suggest other setups, but these are what I am happy with.

Good hunting mate.

Alex

B_T23

156 posts
3,368 battles
On 10/6/2018 at 7:42 PM, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Be sure to use the rudder shift upgrade, makes the Warspite a very tight turning BB.

I absolutely adore the Warspite. It is an incredibly well balanced BB in terms of speed, firepower & armour. 

The Gallant however...

316 posts
4,653 battles
4 hours ago, ArtickWarspite said:

Be sure to use the rudder shift upgrade, makes the Warspite a very tight turning BB.

And you'll need to turn the ship 'cause it's the only way to bring the guns around!