Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Annoying.

44 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
74 posts
4,086 battles
19 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Also please don't assume we are kids, most of us here are grown ups too. It's just that people can't really determine what fun actually is. Of course we will play for fun and enjoyment, but as human beings we have to think about others too.

AmI right? Or am I writing crap again?

Well, no, I don't disagree with a word of that. I don't assume that anyone posting on the forum is a kid - actually, I don't assume, full stop. And yes, I know the dangers in games and in real life of the "It's only a bit of fun" excuse for bad behaviour. People who set out to ruin a team game for their own selfish gratification are what I call anti-social players and need to be called out for it, using the reporting procedures available. 

My initial tongue in cheek question about fun was just that - tongue in cheek. A throwaway line with a smiley face symbol  - :) - following it. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
34 posts
12,309 battles

 Chill out people. Ancient Ruffian did state he mostly plays co-op and scenario battles. Doesn't game rage only occur in random and ranked battles? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,865
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
3,167 posts
15,485 battles

So I might have worked it out.

Ops during day, mostly successful.

As soon as sun goes down... Ops start failing again.

Conclusion: Vampires are bad at World of Warships.

I have always hated Vampires.

They suck.

bela-lugosi-vampires-sparkle.jpg

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
260
[LBAS]
Beta Tester
809 posts
5,773 battles
37 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

So I might have worked it out.

Ops during day, mostly successful.

As soon as sun goes down... Ops start failing again.

Conclusion: Vampires are bad at World of Warships.

I have always hated Vampires.

They suck.

bela-lugosi-vampires-sparkle.jpg

They are preying at night so they are bad at World of Warships at night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
288 posts
5,590 battles
3 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Conclusion: Vampires are bad at World of Warships.

New evidence suggests otherwise:

5bb8c0573106c_amazingvampiregame1.thumb.png.3772eaa65d51165a0f267152a88e8e0c.png

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,865
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
3,167 posts
15,485 battles
4 hours ago, Webba84 said:

New evidence suggests otherwise:

5bb8c0573106c_amazingvampiregame1.thumb.png.3772eaa65d51165a0f267152a88e8e0c.png

Hmm. Well that ain't it then.

Maybe not Vampires...?

What other evil creatures come out at night to spoil my WoWs fun?

(Nice game).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,801
[SLAVA]
Super Tester_
7,897 posts
8,986 battles
22 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Hmm. Well that ain't it then.

Maybe not Vampires...?

What other evil creatures come out at night to spoil my WoWs fun?

You just need to have a DD captain that can be useful in low tiers. Most low tier DDs are broken if played with high tier captains.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,865
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
3,167 posts
15,485 battles
17 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

You just need to have a DD captain that can be useful in low tiers. Most low tier DDs are broken if played with high tier captains.

Yeah was more joking about evil night creatures doing badly at Ops :p

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
288 posts
5,590 battles
2 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

You just need to have a DD captain that can be useful in low tiers. Most low tier DDs are broken if played with high tier captains.

You're not wrong, that was only a 10 pt captain - I shudder to think what that little Q-boat could do with a full 19pt build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,801
[SLAVA]
Super Tester_
7,897 posts
8,986 battles

@Area51P41 I'm going to save you from some trouble, you are just finding my posts in forum and down-voting them, it doesn't reduce my reputation, [content removed] .

Violation Insults. Action taken Post edited, user warned.

~Beaufighter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,934
[LBAS]
Modder
6,009 posts
36,268 battles

[content removed]

oh oh what the hell

 I bet 100$ @Area51P41 u never melt it down :etc_red_button:

Quoting others insults.

~Beaufighter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,865
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
3,167 posts
15,485 battles

Of course some people shoot straighter than others. Of course some people quickly switch from HE to AP when a target turns side on. Of course some people are better players than others.

But then there are people who simply won't listen.

"You are damaged and a repair field will activate in a few moments. Don't run off to hunt that CV with half health - you don't have good AA and there's a cruiser and a destroyer protecting it."

"NEGATIVE"

*dies spoiling game and fun for others*

I sense another chat ban coming.

morons.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
163
[HMNZ]
Member
364 posts
5,531 battles

I personally think you need to find another game Max, where you can play 1st person games and not worry about anyone else.

The ongoing whinging (which could be an inherent Aussie trait we hear of) is getting a bit boring. Though you may play this game well, I question your capacity to understand that:

1. the MM will never change (and appears that its been like this all along).

2. The "morons" will never go away (in any game).

3. They wont split high percentage to low.

4. Bots wont go away. (so long as people are willing to pay for the service).

I have accepted the above after only 8 months.. finish the game, start another... smile/ shake your head, it isn't going to change. As we say here "suck it up petal, and move on".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,865
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
3,167 posts
15,485 battles
3 minutes ago, Otago_F111 said:

I personally think you need to find another game Max, where you can play 1st person games and not worry about anyone else.

The ongoing whinging (which could be an inherent Aussie trait we hear of) is getting a bit boring. Though you may play this game well, I question your capacity to understand that:

1. the MM will never change (and appears that its been like this all along).

2. The "morons" will never go away (in any game).

3. They wont split high percentage to low.

4. Bots wont go away. (so long as people are willing to pay for the service).

I have accepted the above after only 8 months.. finish the game, start another... smile/ shake your head, it isn't going to change. As we say here "suck it up petal, and move on".

You may very well be right.

But then again, this is a thread called "Annoying" on an ongoing and common theme so I'm pretty sure you knew what you would be reading when you came in here.
You were probably aware that it would be along the same lines that other posts in this thread have been.
No point going into a Vegan restaurant and complaining that there's no steak on the menu... You know, if you find a lack of steak "boring"... You kind of knew what you were letting yourself in for, yes?

I think maybe you may be referring to the "Whinging Pom"? That's a classic saying and as much as many American actors who try to do an Aussie accent end up sounding like a disturbed Englishman… I assure you, there is a difference.

However, in essence, you may very well be right.

I have taken the time to research ships, technical data and listened to other peoples' advice on various aspects of the game in order to improve - which I find to be that amorphous, indistinct and entirely subjective idea that is "fun". 

I have tried different tactics, weapons and loadouts and approached these aspects of the game as scientifically as possible in order to gain more of that subjective "enjoyment" because that's what appeals to me. I'm not the best player or the best at stats and remembering which ships have 80mm of armour where ... I don't know all the technical but learning them is "fun".

And it IS a very technical game - it is most definitely worth your while to look into the stats and what you don't understand yourself, ask others about - doing that has got me great info that improved my game and enjoyment.

Although I think this is one of those rare F2P games where you genuinely don't need to spend real world money to enjoy it, I have still spent money on it in order to enjoy it more. I have bought ships, premium time and containers and so forth. I have never felt compelled to do so, I chose to, which as I say, I don't think you NEED to in this game which makes it a rare gem.

And that's the problem, I do so enjoy this game. I really do.

But (and I'll say it again, perhaps giving you a little shiver of joy) you are probably right.

Ultimately the best way to play the game relies heavily on others having a similar approach or at least not being complete ****ing ****eating ****stains.

And yet here, anticipatedly, ubiquitously and reliably as in the world over, online or nay...

'tards, 'tards everywhere.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,801
[SLAVA]
Super Tester_
7,897 posts
8,986 battles
2 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Although I think this is one of those rare F2P games where you genuinely don't need to spend real world money to enjoy it, I have still spent money on it in order to enjoy it more. I have bought ships, premium time and containers and so forth. I have never felt compelled to do so, I chose to, which as I say, I don't think you NEED to in this game which makes it a rare gem.

That's exactly my case. I thought about leaving the game behind many times, but I have spent over 2000$ already (didn't do an exact count), and I have port full of ships, and now I can't leave them behind....

 

But yes, one of those few game where you can enjoy as much playing tech tree ships as you do playing premiums. I now mostly play on NA server, SEA is sort of ... full of monkeys for now.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
163
[HMNZ]
Member
364 posts
5,531 battles

What I was really trying to convey is that no matter how frustrated you may get,  how weird the whole thing is, just play the game, do as best you can and dont whine.

Money and time means nothing... you will die and leave this all behind, but did you enjoy it, hell yes!!  If it gets into your head that it becomes a frustration then let it go... find a good woman :Smile_smile:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
163
[HMNZ]
Member
364 posts
5,531 battles
15 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

. I thought about leaving the game behind many times, but I have spent over 2000$ already (didn't do an exact count), and I have port full of ships, and now I can't leave them behind....

totally understand this icy, but you can see that people who want to acquire the amount of ships you have without:

A. having to spend the time you have to acquire them (maybe 2 or so years?).

B. Having to spend that sort of money.

 

Some of the "bot" account sell for $700 and have all (most) boats, all lvl19 captains, heaps of flags, silver etc etc.

This is your bot problem, this is your lack of "experienced" players at the top level. And I would say there is nothing WG can do about it, even if they wanted too.

 

13 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

or a bad one

I like the way you think Ralph.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,801
[SLAVA]
Super Tester_
7,897 posts
8,986 battles
2 hours ago, Otago_F111 said:

totally understand this icy, but you can see that people who want to acquire the amount of ships you have without:

A. having to spend the time you have to acquire them (maybe 2 or so years?).

B. Having to spend that sort of money.

Yeah, the time... forgot about the time.. Hmm, almost 3 years... Have around 60 premium ships and 140 tech tree (all acquired by solid and painful grinds) ships.... 

At least I didn't get addicted like it was with Dota/Dota2, now I only play casually, and occasionally. I am one of those Weekend Wallet Warriors people complain about in the forum posts :D 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×