Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
waichung1823

How to KGV?

14 comments in this topic

201 posts
1,033 battles

How to KGV? I had watch many YouTubers' replay but still i am struggling to make it work. The AP penetration against battleship is bad and entire match i just shoot HE.... And deal small damage lol 

I heard from someone said that KGV is a schanhorst without torpedo tubes.

Edited by waichung1823

314 posts
4,076 battles

She's quite good IMO. Don't underestimate the power of British HE. Her HE power are immense. You can melt other BB with her high fire chance. What's funnier is that, you don't need to select AP shell to deal massive damage to a broadside cruisers. AP shells are crucial for her if you are about to fight in CQC. This means that you must actively switching her ammunition depending on the situation. Also, her bow armor is 25 mm. So don't even try to bow tank or push a flank unless you know how to do it.

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

KGV is incredibly easy to farm damage with. Basically you have trash AP, so you shoot HE at battleships, AP at cruisers. Be careful about higher tier cruisers, 356 mm AP is sort of useless against most t8+ cruisers if they are angled.

201 posts
1,033 battles
16 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Be careful about higher tier cruisers, 356 mm AP is sort of useless against most t8+ cruisers if they are angled.

Yes, AP is useless against tier8++ cruisers even HE doesn't deal much damage. All the time i just spamming HE against battleships, hoping RNGesus say yes to set fire which makes the game not enjoyable( i prefer to brawl with Colorado) 

Do you think IFHE will help improve the HE penetration? 

Edited by waichung1823

314 posts
4,076 battles
7 minutes ago, waichung1823 said:

HE doesn't deal much damage.

But it can. You should aim at the superstructure to deal massive damage to cruisers or incapacitate some of their modules. If you aim at the lower part of the ship, you can't deal massive damage. Because HE were not meant to penetrate a thick armor.

9 minutes ago, waichung1823 said:

Do you think IFHE will help improve the HE penetration? 

Nope. this skill unnecessary. Because again your shells are big and British BB has a hard penetrating HE shells and high fire chance. So yeah, choosing IFHE on a battleship is utterly useless. Instead, you should pick Concealment Expert.

201 posts
1,033 battles
15 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

But it can. You should aim at the superstructure to deal massive damage to cruisers or incapacitate some of their modules. If you aim at the lower part of the ship, you can't deal massive damage. Because HE were not meant to penetrate a thick armor.

Nope. this skill unnecessary. Because again your shells are big and British BB has a hard penetrating HE shells and high fire chance. So yeah, choosing IFHE on a battleship is utterly useless. Instead, you should pick Concealment Expert.

Yes i m saving points for Concealment expert. I do aim Superstructure of Cruiser, currently highest damage i got is 6K + incapacitate engine of Baltimore. 

No doubt this ship has superior fire chance. BURN BURN BURN! Burn down Alsace and Musashi recently. 

Ps: MY KGV is AA build ship 

Edited by waichung1823

314 posts
4,076 battles
6 hours ago, waichung1823 said:

Yes i m saving points for Concealment expert. I do aim Superstructure of Cruiser, currently highest damage i got is 6K + incapacitate engine of Baltimore. 

No doubt this ship has superior fire chance. BURN BURN BURN! Burn down Alsace and Musashi recently. 

Ps: MY KGV is AA build ship 

AA build for KGV? Hmm. I think it's still okay to use concealment expert. If you want some other useful skill, you can grind for advanced firing training to boast the AA more. Or you can grind for fire prevention so that HE spammers can't set a fire at you easily.

201 posts
1,033 battles
4 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

NO NO NO. That's a waste of points mate.

KGV must have CE and FP build if you have points to spare.

Thanks for the advice. Right now my captain has 10 points only, saving up for CE. 

201 posts
1,033 battles
6 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

AA build for KGV? Hmm. I think it's still okay to use concealment expert. If you want some other useful skill, you can grind for advanced firing training to boast the AA more. Or you can grind for fire prevention so that HE spammers can't set a fire at you easily.

Yes, this ship is extremely easily to set on fire, probaly i will take fire prevention skill after Conceal since my captain only 10 points. I run Dam Con 2 and  fire extinguish flag to reduce the fire time. 

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,495 battles

Just imagine you are the angry mob and your target is Frankenstein. BURN IT!!! BURN IT WITH FIRE!!!!!

Sign in to follow this