Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

New Mexico for current Op?

30 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
727 posts
8,463 battles

I haven't had a lot of luck with the current Op - Raptor Rescue. People keep rushing off and leaving the main objective undefended.

And so many people are bringing DDs, which seem to me, unsuited to the mission. I think you need AA cruisers and battleships, but that's just me.

The only real success I've had is with my Bayern. Her combination of AA and brawling power let me at least achieve the main mission when there was only ONE other player left at the end when the enemy BBs attack the carrier at point blank range...

All I could do was bow tank them and get between them and the objective. I took a lot of damage of course, but, you know, German BB at close range? OO-RAH! (Or the politically correct German contemporary equivalent... What ARE the Germans allowed to yell out in battle pride these days? I mean "Banzai" isn't frowned up for the Japanese... What nationalistic pride thing can Germans use without people sucking in their breath through clenched teeth and feeling all awkward?)

AAAAAANYYYYYWAY... So I was wondering if its worth rebuying a New Mexico to use while Bayern is on Op CD?

I know a US BB can never compare to a German BB for close range dominance, but until the German BB's, people used to describe US BB as brawlers and discuss secondary builds for them. (Some people still do).

I looked over the secondary stats for New Mex and at first they seemed OK but then the wiki says "weak secondaries"?

Can a New Mex hope to compete at close range with a secondary build vs 2 Myogi and a Fuso?

tumblr_lvexf2tQF31qfa1jdo1_400.gif

Edited by Max_Battle
It's a Fuso

354 posts
9,048 battles

Fuso, Budyonny, Dallas are my favourites for this op. NM should be ok as long as you don't stray from the path too much, as it's so slow.

14 posts
4,218 battles

Did it in a Nurnburg.   Most ops seem to work best with Cruisers with good dpm.  Dallas would be viable too.  BB's just don't have the ROF for me.

This op benefits a solid CV driver too.

Beta Tester
727 posts
8,463 battles
29 minutes ago, AndersVolvker said:

Did it in a Nurnburg.   Most ops seem to work best with Cruisers with good dpm.  Dallas would be viable too.  BB's just don't have the ROF for me.

This op benefits a solid CV driver too.

Oh yeah, well my fave do it in is a CA, or CL as this last battle report shows. I'm just trying to prepare for the worst - ie when people die early and pointlessly and you have to carry hard to have any chance of a win.

World of Warships Screenshot 2018.10.05 - 20.13.47.92.png

1,340 posts
8,832 battles

Problem with the New Mexico is that it is too slow.

If you play it, you cannot afford to slow down or deviate from the path because you will be left behind. Too many times I see New Mexico players being totally useless because they were too slow to keep up. 

DDs are fine in this Op, just not more than 2 in the team. In fact they are very good for scouting ahead and baiting enemy torps which would otherwise have gone straight for the Raptor. Also very good for devstriking enemy BBs. But you need to know how to use them. Problem is most people don't.

Beta Tester
727 posts
8,463 battles
20 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Problem is most people don't.

This.

Just had a game where a DD had nicely spotted some out of line of sight targets... then he smoked up... aaaand the rest of us couldn't see the enemy coming at him.

"Need support" he reckons as the enemy closed on him and got in guaranteed spot range and deleted him in his smoke.

And it was the rest of the team's fault for not supporting him...

And yeah, New Mex is slow, but should be OK if you stay on a direct path in close support of Raptor. Plenty of threats close on Raptor so you don't need to go hunting to be useful.

I am pretty broke and can't afford the last module. I keep trying to get a win ONE win to pay for it.

*sigh*

*resorts to kamikaze to carry my fleet... AGAIN*

Beta Tester
727 posts
8,463 battles

The Return of The New Mexico!

I sold so many ships on the way up - and so many I go back and rebuy for one reason or another.

Mmm, smells... fresh.

It's got that new New Mexico smell.

New New.

World of Warships Screenshot 2018.10.05 - 22.56.03.61.png

326 posts
10,515 battles

Real man play small botes, act as a carry for ur team and role the sea like a boss. Lucky for me today that I have 3 DD's in my team and most of my team die early before reach the final wave.

shot-18_10.05_22_02.22-0759.thumb.jpg.7b89745157d711963939b3d3f766000b.jpg

No matter, if u know how to carry for ur team u will doing fine anyway.  At the same time u can spam as many ribbons and damage as much as u can; till all ur enemy gone and ur team secure the win with full stars.

shot-18_10.05_22_06.46-0535.thumb.jpg.8ce57f698720147ab64df17119d20515.jpgshot-18_10.05_22_06.58-0329.thumb.jpg.82d1fda989dd25ad99af6f9ff08ac0ca.jpgshot-18_10.05_22_07.45-0596.thumb.jpg.d550841ca2d45563ee37f9ebd4afde8b.jpg

Beta Tester
727 posts
8,463 battles
14 minutes ago, ArchKongou said:

Real man play small botes, act as a carry for ur team and role the sea like a boss. Lucky for me today that I have 3 DD's in my team and most of my team die early before reach the final wave.

No matter, if u know how to carry for ur team u will doing fine anyway.  At the same time u can spam as many ribbons and damage as much as u can; till all ur enemy gone and ur team secure the win with full stars.

wut.jpg

Beta Tester
727 posts
8,463 battles
2 hours ago, AntifoulAwl said:

The Ship They Couldnt Sink

Hey, actually. I think I read that one?

Is it about a ship that got left behind because it had taken shrapnel to the boiler and couldn't keep up so while they were being attacked the engineer had to stick his whole arm into the still hot boiler to hold a long thread in place while they screwed a plate on to fix the hole? And his arm was pretty much rekt but he saved the whole bote and crew?

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles
11 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Hey, actually. I think I read that one?

Ever read this one?

51IkDKkkDJL._SX319_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Notice the word was in the title?

Satan has a good long talk with Cory Bernardi and sees the error of his ways. He marries a girl from a respectable family and has 2.5 children and then goes on to become a successful President of the School Council.

Beta Tester
727 posts
8,463 battles
5 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

Ever read this one?

51IkDKkkDJL._SX319_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Notice the word was in the title?

Satan has a good long talk with Cory Bernardi and sees the error of his ways. He marries a girl from a respectable family and has 2.5 children and then goes on to become a successful President of the School Council.

Ah Cory. Is there anyone he CAN'T save?

Beta Tester
727 posts
8,463 battles
9 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

I've tried NM in raptor. You cannot miss your salvo if you want to have a good game.

Yeah I've done a couple of runs in her now. You do need to be accurate to make it worth while. I haven't died and using a speed flag I have kept up but only have new captain on her and can't carry hard when the rest of team inevitably has a fail.

114 posts
2,630 battles

So glad the ops coincides with my KM CA grind which is at tier 6 at the moment.. so will be using Nurnberg extensively and quickly go to Yorck

Beta Tester
727 posts
8,463 battles

Ok. That was a good game. 

My personal score wasn't fantastic but I don't care as long as we achieved the goal/s.

We 5 starred this one.

No one specifically broke away and hunted CVs - yet we killed them successfully. People waited for the "opportune moment" (Thanks Captain Jack) and although the last one came down to the wire, we still killed it.

This is only a 3 point captain (5 now :p )on a New Mexico with a secondary module (full researched upgrades fitted though).

Speed flag and secondary flag.

As you can see, I stayed with the VIP the whole way and also notice how much damage the VIP DIDN'T take.

It was an enjoyable and rewarding game.

I wish this kind of success on everyone who plays this game, I honestly do. I wish I could encourage this kind of fun and sensible play that yields wins.

As much as I am frustrated by other players sometimes, its only because I wish they could share the fun of wins like this.

nm1.jpg

nm2.jpg

nm3.jpg

nm4.jpg

nm5.jpg

Beta Tester
727 posts
8,463 battles
18 hours ago, ArchKongou said:

I tried real man small bote.

My black heroic ribbons not as many as yours.

I'm not real man.

World of Warships Screenshot 2018.10.06 - 18.26.45.14.png

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,481 battles
18 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

I've tried NM in raptor. You cannot miss your salvo if you want to have a good game.

And even if your aim is good, the terrible NM sigma will troll you. Isn't the sigma around 1.5/6?

I do like the NM, but I think there are better BBs for Raptor. I do like the NM but n randoms, it's better than most cruiser concealment is ++ nice.

[1NATN]
286 posts
5,237 battles

Fuso is rather good in RR, but as others have said actually you can take pretty much any ship as long as you know both it and the scenario well.

Anshan is one of my personal favourites for it, that Soviet AP is no joke.

Beta Tester
727 posts
8,463 battles

Ok, but let me ask you all this...

The situation is this:

End Game.

The Raptor is moving to the exit point in the final phase.
There are three ships left including yourself.
The other two ships are damaged cruisers and don't look like they are going to move into the repair field - they either don't want to or just can't get there.
You have at least 2 enemy Battleships on screen to deal with and you know that an enemy cruiser or two is going to spawn as Raptor gets closer to the exit.
What ship would you like to be in, in this situation?

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,284 posts
30 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

The situation is this:

End Game.

The other two ships are damaged cruisers and don't look like they are going to move into the repair field - they either don't want to or just can't get there.
You have at least 2 enemy Battleships on screen to deal with and you know that an enemy cruiser or two is going to spawn as Raptor gets closer to the exit.

USS Zumwalt........

1,340 posts
8,832 battles
45 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

The situation is this:

End Game.

Something with torps, preferably a DD (though a Mutsu is fine too). 

If DD,  I would close in to devstrike one of the BBs with torps, then run circles around the second BB while pumping AP into him. Torpedo him too when torps are up. Then either smoke up the Raptor's path, or move to intercept the cruisers. If intercepting, I would try to attract as much fire as I am able while closing the distance. Then I will smoke up along the cruisers' broadsides, allowing me to finish them off with multiple AP citadels and/or torps.

With Mutsu it is pretty much the same - close in to quickly deal with the BBs with a combination of torps and point-blank AP. Then deal with the cruisers (can even ram if necessary).

Sign in to follow this