You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Perth, Aigle, Molotov or Blyskawica?

47 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
724 posts
8,418 battles

I have just enough doubloons to buy one of these.

Blyskawica seems a bit limited as its the sole Polish ship.

Perth seems like a very niche playstyle, which I'm curious about but I'm also concerned might only work in certain circumstances but the limitations of Commonwealth ships is a drawback - but then again I'm an Aussie and already have the Vampire, though the captain skills don't seem to be very cross compatible with Vampire.

Aigle sounds gunnery fun as I like US DD gunplay style.

Molotov makes perhaps the most sense as I have a small selection of Russian ships.

Edited by Max_Battle

243 posts
5,809 battles

Yes and Yes (Not that I've played her lately).

I enjoy playing her in ops, she's perhaps better than the Leander due to her ability to fire HE, even if she does not have a heal.

I like the smoke generator, I tend to keep moving forward at 1/4 speed when smoked, It does reduce your likelihood of being hit, and it is great for slowly repositioning.

Only downside with smoke, compared to Leander, is that because it continuously deploys for 90 seconds, once it runs out, you have 150seconds to wait for CD. while with Leander 60, due to the long duration, you can sit in the smoke for most of it, meaning that when your smoke fades you only have 60 secs to wait until back up.

Other than that, its a fun ship to play, and I love having both it and the Vampire, both Aussie ships, in my port.

Beta Tester
724 posts
8,418 battles
4 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Yes and Yes (Not that I've played her lately).

I enjoy playing her in ops, she's perhaps better than the Leander due to her ability to fire HE, even if she does not have a heal.

I like the smoke generator, I tend to keep moving forward at 1/4 speed when smoked, It does reduce your likelihood of being hit, and it is great for slowly repositioning.

Only downside with smoke, compared to Leander, is that because it continuously deploys for 90 seconds, once it runs out, you have 150seconds to wait for CD. while with Leander 60, due to the long duration, you can sit in the smoke for most of it, meaning that when your smoke fades you only have 60 secs to wait until back up.

Other than that, its a fun ship to play, and I love having both it and the Vampire, both Aussie ships, in my port.

Sorry, you must have replied when this post was a simple "Perth" question :)

I edited it to include some others I might like.

Thanks for Perth info though. It's up there for me.

Beta Tester
724 posts
8,418 battles
6 minutes ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

For me,

Lock in "D" thanks Eddie.......

"None of the above"

You don't like any of them?

(Also, that would be "E" :p)

602 posts
7,580 battles
55 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Molotov makes perhaps the most sense as I have a small selection of Russian ships.

goodluck playing that ship with t8s

any angle is a citadel from the BB

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,283 posts
1 minute ago, Max_Battle said:

You don't like any of them?

(Also, that would be "E" :p)

Nope,

There's only 4 possible answers in "Who wants to be a millionaire".

Hence the "D"

243 posts
5,809 battles
1 minute ago, Max_Battle said:

Sorry, you must have replied when this post was a simple "Perth" question :)

I edited it to include some others I might like.

Thanks for Perth info though. It's up there for me.

Lol, yes, I replied when it was just "Perth. do you own her. Is it fun".

Well now I just look stupid,...Oh god its just like work. Get the job done fast, then find that the requirements have changed while you were doing that...:cap_fainting:

Anyway, never played Molotov or Blyskawica.

Was awarded the Aigle during the event a while back. Eh, haven't played it much, but I just doesn't stand out much for me. Doesn't have much going for it that other DDs couldn't do. But Its not like I'm very good at gunboat style DDs to begin with.

Perth would still be my favourite, for both being an Aussie ship, and fun playstyle. But I also enjoy Leander

Beta Tester
724 posts
8,418 battles
5 minutes ago, Gummilicious said:

goodluck playing that ship with t8s

any angle is a citadel from the BB

No doubt. So that's a -1 to Molotov from you!?

Super Tester
7,532 posts
7,978 battles

Aigle defeats Blyska in a gun duel being 1 tier lower (A:dpm 125k HE, B:dpm 109.8k HE. A:hp 17k, B:hp 15.5k)

Perth needs smoke upgrade module and ifhe+ce captain,

You will fall asleep between Molotov reload, but AP hits hard, and ship made out of tissue paper.

You choose.

Edited by icy_phoenix

145 posts
1,265 battles

Aigle can retreat faster than being agressive because bad concealment and Torp range is also equal as concealment so you can only Defend a pushing cap while shooting around.

Perth is aggressive. You take smoke with you. but you die after smoke ends so put an island ahead of your road plan.

Blyscawica has bad concealment. and gadjah mada does better when it comes to firepower. it just has lot of guns tho you can show broadside for a second, boom, then bow on and wait for reload in 7 seconds and show broadside again. it has fair torp range.

MOLOTOV IS RUSSIAN. IT IS FOR MAN. NOTHING COMES TO THIS COMPARISON. BECAUSE ITS RUSSIAN. IT HAS GUD PEN, GUD FIREPOWER, A KNIFE FIGHTING TORP. GUD GUN RANGE. VERY VERY SLOW IJN YAMATO CLASS CRUISER that can be citadeled by anything. So Play like Yamato, BOW ON AND REVERSE AND BE A MAN

1,338 posts
8,823 battles

Molotov is great for Operations, especially on Aegis. It is quite a good money printer. Plus tier 9 guns on a tier 6 hull, though it is a glass cannon. 

Aigle is a pretty fun gunboat, but might not be everyone as it has some big flaws to balance out its strengths.

Can't comment on the Blys and Perth as I don't have them.

Beta Tester
724 posts
8,418 battles
9 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Aigle defeats Blyska in a gun duel being 1 tier lower,

Perth needs smoke upgrade module and ifhe+ce captain,

You will fall asleep between Molotov reload, but AP hits hard, and ship made out of tissue paper.

You choose.

Hmm. OK.

So that seems to be Aigle over Blyska.

And I have a smoke upgrade module that I've been hoarding in case I got Perth. I looked up Vampire and Perth captain skills and I can see I would need a captain for each.

Think I'm coming down to Perth v Aigle.

Super Tester
7,532 posts
7,978 battles
27 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Hmm. OK.

So that seems to be Aigle over Blyska.

And I have a smoke upgrade module that I've been hoarding in case I got Perth. I looked up Vampire and Perth captain skills and I can see I would need a captain for each.

Think I'm coming down to Perth v Aigle.

Updated dpm vs hp to make the contrast clear in previous post. If you have smoke mod, go for Perth. Aigle also needs high tier captain, but isn't very fun ship to play, horrible firing angle.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Beta Tester
724 posts
8,418 battles
28 minutes ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

Nope,

There's only 4 possible answers in "Who wants to be a millionaire".

Hence the "D"

Oh yeah. You DID say "Eddie".

My bad!

[1NATN]
286 posts
5,237 battles

Perth is quite unique and good fun, once you have the smoke mod installed. Also probably the only ship in the game that benefits enough from the spotter plane mod to make that worthwhile too. 

114 posts
2,629 battles

My main consideration for getting premium ship is the potential to be used as captain training. Therefore crossed out 3 already since they are without any lines. Last one molotov also out since I dont have nor interested (yet) in any Russian lines. Therefore locked in "none of the above" for me as well.

Edited by zergling_

Beta Tester
724 posts
8,418 battles

So I'm looking at this: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Upgrades

It says I can equip Spotter Plane extra time module AND Smoke extra time special module on Perth?

I already have smoke special mod and can buy spotter plane mod from Arsenal.

That would mean extra time in smoke and extra time with about 16km range on guns instead of 12.5?

Does that make sense?

Beta Tester
724 posts
8,418 battles
17 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

just wait for the Halloween sale

Will there be one so soon after anniversary sale things?

[151ST]
1,012 posts
4,505 battles

Perth

It's good for learning how to play at particular ranges and how to aim.

Also yes, she does share many skills with Vampire so you can train up one Captain at a time...

14 pointer is almost mandatory in her due to CE+IFHE being so important.

Also being Aussie you will most likely go up Commonwealth lines when they come out, so wouldn't having a 19 pointer or two be nice for the grind?

Beta Tester
724 posts
8,418 battles

Yeah, so seriously I was just about to click "buy" on Perth but what are the chances of a Halloween sale?

It would have to be doubloons in game.

I can't remember Halloween sales, only events?

[MEGA]
4,563 posts
17,557 battles
1 hour ago, Max_Battle said:

Will there be one so soon after anniversary sale things?

WG is going the way of EA moneygrab BS, discounts have gotten much more often then when I started playing

also, none of the ships you outlined are "good" for playing, sure they are decently strong in their own tiers, but they get uptiered ALL the time and they have shit credit gains, so if you are going for eco, then don't get any of them, wait and save up for Halloween, there are usually sales at that time

[MEGA]
4,563 posts
17,557 battles
2 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Yeah, so seriously I was just about to click "buy" on Perth but what are the chances of a Halloween sale?

It would have to be doubloons in game.

I can't remember Halloween sales, only events?

they even had a sale for the lunar festival a while ago, I highly doubt they wont have a sale for Halloween, and during that time you can test out the ships you might want to buy on the TTS

iirc the TTS gives you a crapton of dubblons to spend in game, so if you want to see what ships are good, then go on the TTS and play the for yourself