Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kamanah

Hall of Fame Points

14 comments in this topic

318 posts
6,868 battles

I have been grinding Dynamo to get a more consistent income of points for the Hall of Fame.

The issue i have currently is that i'm seeing a number of players/botter/cheaters etc, loading in and going straight for the mine field to just kill themselves so they can load into the next game as fast as possible. This is unfair to the rest of the players in the Scenario because we all want 5 Stars so we can get the 100 Points, and what annoys me is that the players that kill themselves will also get the 100 Points with absolutely no effort. The Hall of Fame table is rewarding these players.

This really needs to be addressed, particularly in Scenario mode.

[1NATN]
287 posts
5,256 battles

Saw and reported someone doing that today, no idea if WG will act on it.

82 posts
2,793 battles

Never ceases to amaze me how people will "use" / "cheat" to get around the system. I have wondered why boats sail into the minefield and disappear, just thought they were disco.

47 posts
5,539 battles

I'm also noticing many players in Dynamo getting more and more selfish in another way: some are pushing ever further out towards incoming traffic. It allows them to farm massive amounts of aircraft and schnellboats, leaving others to protect the convoy against the few that slip past. When/if they get overwhelmed, they simply load into the next game, while we're left to shepherd the remaining convoy to port to earn them as many stars as possible. They could be on their third game by then, reaping massive credits and stars.

The selfish are reaping the rewards, the diligent are working to get the job done. Sounds like society in general...

Then a form of the prisoners' dilemma develops: as individuals push further forward (away from the convoy), many others feel the need to follow them or risk getting few kills. The behaviour snowballs as players learn to expect the tactic and respond accordingly.

No doubt some instances are simply players looking to explore what their boat can manage (fair enough). I get that, but when you're killing 96 aircraft in your SIMS from so far out that no-one else is even in range of those planes, it's nevertheless behaviour that is costing others.

Alternative strategy for the brave/foolhardy: I've only seen it once, but a very skilled Minsk went hell for leather from Dunkirk to England. All the planes followed and attacked him, but he survived, delivered and then returned to fight schnellboats with the rest of us. It actually made for a relaxing scenario for the rest of us, though obviously it would get boring quickly if common. 

[SIF]
7 posts
3,914 battles

These scumbags know exactly what they are doing. Go in a game, start, drive into the minefield from spawn, die, log out and jump into another game. You can get possibly 7-8 games an hour this way and if your team can get at least 4 stars, that is 560 -640 points per hour towards the Hall of Fame. If you play the full game, best your could do is 300 points per hour. Current top scorer in Hall of Fame has 16800 points at 7:30am Sydney time. That is around 168 games at 100 points per game, 56 hrs of full game play. Hall of Fame has been open approx 48 hrs I think at this stage as you needed to finish directive 4 before you can participate. Math just doesn't add up. Take a look at the Hall of Fame yourself.

Edited by Dingo57

82 posts
2,793 battles

Seems like WG needs to have some shady thinking team members to assess the loop holes in scenario's and events that require targets based on sheer numbers:

.....maybe named "Bletchley Park squad"  :cap_cool:

[SIF]
7 posts
3,914 battles

Remove the "Top 100" ranking. Don't state who is where on the table, you can only check on yourself or talk to team mates/Clan members. Removes the "look at me I am a HERO", so that they have no public recognition.

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,866 battles
5 hours ago, Dingo57 said:

These scumbags know exactly what they are doing. Go in a game, start, drive into the minefield from spawn, die, log out and jump into another game. You can get possibly 7-8 games an hour this way and if your team can get at least 4 stars, that is 560 -640 points per hour towards the Hall of Fame. If you play the full game, best your could do is 300 points per hour. Current top scorer in Hall of Fame has 16800 points at 7:30am Sydney time. That is around 168 games at 100 points per game, 56 hrs of full game play. Hall of Fame has been open approx 48 hrs I think at this stage as you needed to finish directive 4 before you can participate. Math just doesn't add up. Take a look at the Hall of Fame yourself.

WG create event so it can be exploited by those bot users. I guess they dont know how to properly make event that not ruined by those..or maybe they dont even care.

[SIF]
7 posts
3,914 battles

Maybe it is time to NAME and SHAME these SCUMBAGS. Just had one in my game, tried to push others into the minefield and when that didn't work he went in himself and took 3 mines, top 30% of the top 100 and not his first offence.

Edited by Dingo57

[LANCR]
18 posts
2,954 battles
On 10/2/2018 at 1:21 PM, Kamanah said:

I have been grinding Dynamo to get a more consistent income of points for the Hall of Fame.

The issue i have currently is that i'm seeing a number of players/botter/cheaters etc, loading in and going straight for the mine field to just kill themselves so they can load into the next game as fast as possible. This is unfair to the rest of the players in the Scenario because we all want 5 Stars so we can get the 100 Points, and what annoys me is that the players that kill themselves will also get the 100 Points with absolutely no effort. The Hall of Fame table is rewarding these players.

This really needs to be addressed, particularly in Scenario mode.

I had a player do the same thing in two games straight. Sailed west away from Dunkirk and then into the minefield. It was a very easy 180 Fame Points for that account. Ticket submitted.

[LLBC]
Super Tester
750 posts
3,314 battles
1 hour ago, Wombat56 said:

I had a player do the same thing in two games straight. Sailed west away from Dunkirk and then into the minefield. It was a very easy 180 Fame Points for that account. Ticket submitted.

I'd also suggest reporting it in this thread to make sure it gets seen by WG.

Hopefully we can get enough reports together so the WG eventually do something about these players

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,013 battles

This is one of the reasons I made my thread yesterday. Report every single last one of them. PM a mod/WG staff/send a ticket. The more evidence they have... the more justification they will have to whack them.

[LANCR]
18 posts
2,954 battles
14 hours ago, DaydreamWarrior said:

I'd also suggest reporting it in this thread to make sure it gets seen by WG.

Hopefully we can get enough reports together so the WG eventually do something about these players

Done

But no help at all from the support desk on my ticket.

Edited by Wombat56

Sign in to follow this