Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

Zao HE damage ... don't add up?

6 comments in this topic

315 posts
4,638 battles

How can you do 17 722 damage with three Zao HE shells rated a 3400 each? 

I've had a couple of incidents now involving IJN CA HE and DDs where the DD dissolves far quicker than I imagined possible. And no, it wasn't a detonation afaik.

Undocumented DD citadel?

5bb072ff987cf_(360).thumb.png.4fd56c3e6775faa6ffad3929a387a6d3.png

Edited by Rina_Pon

487 posts
7,619 battles

Answer is that the in game reporting of shell hits and damage is not 100% accurate.

See link below. Look at my post #4 towards the bottom of my explanation to the OP, I have screenshot of one of my experiences with high damage from small number of shells.

203 posts
11,788 battles

With AP shells they say its a bug/glitch, happens when the game deducts 3 parts of the ship's hp on one shell hit.

With HE I have no clue, sicne HE should be dealing damage to only one part of the ship so here we are.
I'm not surprise though seeing the game is full of small problems that never get address since forever.

315 posts
4,638 battles
2 hours ago, HobartAWD said:

Answer is that the in game reporting of shell hits and damage is not 100% accurate.

I'm not completely convinced it's a reporting bug as it really did seem like only three shells hit. The D was facing away from me, and I was very surprised I secured the kill on that one volley. I'm wondering if the game mechanics can under rare circumstances allow "double hits" where, say, the HE splash damage radius extends to two of the ship's hitboxes or an AP shell rips through a ship bow to stern.

Edited by Rina_Pon

487 posts
7,619 battles

AP shells can in extremely rare situation deal all 3 types of damage in one go. ie: one shell does an overpen, a regular pen and a citadel hit. All at once.

AFAIK HE shells cannot do this as they either do damage or do not, due to surface contact detonation of HE shells.

I'm sure there are things that can happen that are a bit wonky, game mechanics wise. Me getting a citadel hit on a bow on Amagi with a Fiji at over 10kms would be one such case.

Like icy says, a detonation seems the most likely. Turret hit and engine hit. The last shell to impact took all remaining health.

Sign in to follow this