You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Zekoo

Guineas

10 comments in this topic

[DBOOT]
5 posts
1,543 battles

Okay,

So I am looking at the store, and I am little confused here, as I often am by Wargaming and the prices they choose for stuff, bunch of odd fellas :)
Option 1: Buy 40 Guineas for $54.39NZD and still need to grind 10 Guineas to buy the Coassak
Option 2: Buy Cossack, just the ship none of the extras for $55.80

I am just wondering what the thought process is behind this, as for a little more than one dollar more I could save myself a huge grind, and you can't do anything else with Guineas except use them on that one ship?

Not that I would ever spend $55 on a destroyer anyway, but the prices just boggle my mind who comes up with this stuff?

EDIT:
Just to add, if I had set this up, I would have made it $1 per Guineas in every currency for each region, then as you earn Guineas you could be effectively saving yourself a dollar for your hard work, and then if you got it to a point you were happy with you could pay the rest, for example I might have tried to grind say 20 Guineas and then bought 30 for $30

Edited by Zekoo

45 posts
5,527 battles

One of the youtubers (Notser? Sorry, can't remember which one) stated we'll be able to earn 48 Guineas through missions, meaning we'd only need to buy two guineas to get the ship (~$3). But for the life of me I can't see how we can get those 48 guineas... anyone?

[LNA]
1,660 posts
10,438 battles
1 hour ago, Farlesquew said:

One of the youtubers (Notser? Sorry, can't remember which one) stated we'll be able to earn 48 Guineas through missions, meaning we'd only need to buy two guineas to get the ship (~$3). But for the life of me I can't see how we can get those 48 guineas... anyone?

Log in into the webshop , you should be able to now see a package of 10 guineas for 1 usd. I did buy that pack. 10 for 1 is a real deal.

115 posts
2,630 battles
35 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

Log in into the webshop , you should be able to now see a package of 10 guineas for 1 usd. I did buy that pack. 10 for 1 is a real deal.

This guy here. Essentially Just 1 usd to get 8 chances of missed guineas and still get the cossack through grinding.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,486 battles
3 hours ago, Bengal_Tiger23 said:

I'm wondering what happens to the guineas if you already have the Cossack. Yeah I was impatient  and bought it. Lol

You can "buy" Cossack a second time with the guineas and get 9,600 doubloons compensation.

45 posts
5,527 battles
8 hours ago, Webba84 said:

Basically there’s twelves weeks of these RN DD mission thingies, each one gives 4 Guineas. 

Ah, that makes sense! Thank you; I hadn't realized there was 12 weeks of missions.

Hm, probably still means I have to purchase more guineas, as I'll be away for work for some of it, but that's fair enough. 

1,011 posts
7,459 battles
On 9/30/2018 at 2:33 PM, Zekoo said:

Option 1: Buy 40 Guineas for $54.39NZD and still need to grind 10 Guineas to buy the Coassak
Option 2: Buy Cossack, just the ship none of the extras for $55.80

Often a good idea to check out the options and do some calculations. Sometimes you can get the same stuff via money, doubloons and other in-game currency.