You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Acasta worth cammoing/flagging for XP?

6 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
682 posts
8,402 battles

I only have Acasta. I might get lucky and get others, who knows?

But if I don't, is it worth getting XP on this ship as far as the tech tree goes?

I mean if they will be reset to normal tech tree ships when RN DD line goes live proper, then it's worth using some spendables to get XP on her now?

Some of the RN missions need RN DD so if I have to play them now anyway, should I start XPing them (it) up now?

Beta Tester
682 posts
8,402 battles
6 minutes ago, waichung1823 said:

I got Acasta too, hoping to get advice how to actually play it, i have zero experience on playing DDs. 

I've only had a few battles in her. Gunbote I guess?

She has many short burst smoke consumables.

I've been spotting, dropping smoke, shooting a little then repositioning.

Your smoke doesn't last long so get your exit plan in mind before smoke firing.

With cam and CE I think I have 6km conceal with 6km torps so unless smoked, you can't stealth torp.

Edited by Max_Battle
Added concealment things

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

Well that's not exactly true but it has some difficulty to it.

Option 1; Stay in front of the ship you are intending to torp keeping around 1.5 kms or so difference so you'd be sailing around 7.5 kms away because your torps will be travelling towards your target at +50 knots and targets travelling at +20 knots they cover the distance fast and hit the bow.

Option 2; sail parallel to your target slightly in front of allowing around about 1 km to 500 m of overlap using your mini map to monitor that you don't allow your detection circle to be intersected by your target ship you can fire torps without them detecting you and they should hit along the broadside of your target.

I've done similarly with V22's forward firing torps at a Nassau, turned and fired my side tubes despite not having stealth firing ability and sunk BB without being detected. If you gauge your distances carefully and your target is unaware it can be done.

Obviously if they turn you miss but that's true with stealth firing anyway.

1,001 posts
7,422 battles
18 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Some of the RN missions need RN DD so if I have to play them now anyway, should I start XPing them (it) up now?

Considering that T5 Acasta is a distinctly mediocre ship, and T6 Icarus is inferior to Premium Gallant (which also isn't the greatest ship),  not sure. Acasta and Icarus would be a ship many people will skip.

If you want to start training a captain in the op and move him up the line, there may be some benefit in that.

And if you are really unlucky and don't win Icarus or Jervis, well, some XP on Acasta may be useful for moving up the line. But you may open the next RN container and find Icarus - I'd be surprised if you look at Acasta again.

I'm still about 3k base XP away from Jervis, no 1st hand experience, but she is supposed to be good.

And T8 Lightning is supposed to be good, too.