You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
hbogyt

Unrealistic Gameplay

35 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
3,191 posts
15,539 battles
6 minutes ago, Bex_o7 said:

Not sure if troll or stupid...

Is it wrong if I read "kill atranta" in Kim Jong Il's Team America voice?

[TDA]
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,117 posts
7,703 battles
12 hours ago, hbogyt said:

There aren't that many flammable objects on the deck of a ship for god's sakes. Warships didn't get lit on fire that often historically.

When and why did you think that one up? ....That statement is one of biggest facepalms I've seen for ages.

Fire is one of the worst things that can ever happen on a ship...That's why sailors spend many, many hours practicing firefighting drills. Nowadays, every sailor is a trained firefighter- for good reason.

See all those secondary guns? They need ammo. The ammo is stored around the gun for easy access.This translates to tons of explosive and flammable materials in exposed positions.  This is a disastrous fire just waiting to happen.

Not only ready use ammo, you also have hydraulic lines (gun control) and up to 7 inch timber decking. Yes, timber was overlaid on decks to absorb shrapnel. All flammable.

The damaged caused by fire not only damages various systems beyond repair, but was also a leading cause of crew causalities, leading to undermanning of ship modules and ship efficiency.

Quite a large percentage of ships were disabled and or abandoned/scuttled  due to fire.

• Cool 3

[FFD]
173 posts
4,980 battles
6 hours ago, drakon233 said:

*looks at bismark, POW, repulse, VV*

"billions of AA guns and no armor"

right...

oh come on ffs U know which ships I meant, stop throwing irony hulls at me :dance_turtle:

[REPOI]
5,702 posts
23,942 battles
1 hour ago, Labeat said:

oh come on ffs U know which ships I meant, stop throwing irony hulls at me :dance_turtle:

the only BBs that could be considered paper armor and AA castle to any extent are the iowa class, the USN was the only nation that placed their BBs in a AA support role and even with that the NC and SD classes well very well armored with the AON layout, hell even iowa had a very efficient armor scheme that was specifically designed to defend against plunging fire

RN ships had shit AA up till they lost repulse and POW in the sea of Malaya and decided to load a crapton of AA onto the vanguard

KM BB AA is a joke and had THICC armor

RM BB AA is a joke and had THICC armor

MN BB AA was made in the US and had one of the best AON armor schemes of any BB ever to exist

IJN BB AA was a joke since the long 100s came into service too late to be of any use and everyone knows how THICC the yamatos were

no one else had any WW2 designed BBs, so please enlighten me, which non "irony hulls" are you taking about when you said

"rest of the world's battleship (or moving AA light castle) that was created without even a slight armor but Overloading them with billions of AA guns instead. "

I really am curious 

Edited by drakon233

[NFB]
1,263 posts
12,246 battles
On 9/29/2018 at 10:54 PM, hbogyt said:

This is supposed to be a combat game, but realism has been sacrificed in an attempt to make every ship class viable.

I am most frustrated with:

Visible shell trajectories which allow CAs and DDs easily dodge them.

Torpedo arm time too short, which allows torpedo bombers to drop at point blank range and still hit me. Also, while we're on the topic of torpedo bombers, AA damage should scale up exponentially with increasing proximity to the ship.

HE shells light ships on fire too easily and for too long. There aren't that many flammable objects on the deck of a ship for god's sakes. Warships didn't get lit on fire that often historically.

Firing from within smoke. This shouldn't be allowed. If you're in smoke, you should lose all vision of enemies, including shared vision.

You may have to find another game to play, or develop your own game and play that instead.

You cannot expect that WG changes the game just because you don't like it the way it is. It may be a surprise for you, but WG has to consider thousands of players and hundreds of ships.

724 posts
19,634 battles
On 9/30/2018 at 6:13 AM, Max_Battle said:

Is it wrong if I read "kill atranta" in Kim Jong Il's Team America voice?

If it's wrong I don't wanna be right.

• Funny 1

724 posts
19,634 battles
21 hours ago, AntifoulAwl said:

When and why did you think that one up? ....That statement is one of biggest facepalms I've seen for ages.

Fire is one of the worst things that can ever happen on a ship...That's why sailors spend many, many hours practicing firefighting drills. Nowadays, every sailor is a trained firefighter- for good reason.

See all those secondary guns? They need ammo. The ammo is stored around the gun for easy access.This translates to tons of explosive and flammable materials in exposed positions.  This is a disastrous fire just waiting to happen.

Not only ready use ammo, you also have hydraulic lines (gun control) and up to 7 inch timber decking. Yes, timber was overlaid on decks to absorb shrapnel. All flammable.

The damaged caused by fire not only damages various systems beyond repair, but was also a leading cause of crew causalities, leading to undermanning of ship modules and ship efficiency.

Quite a large percentage of ships were disabled and or abandoned/scuttled  due to fire.

Spot on. I was a medic but I bet I still know more about fighting fires than your average CFS volunteer. 

[TDA]
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,117 posts
7,703 battles
1 hour ago, Bex_o7 said:

Spot on. I was a medic but I bet I still know more about fighting fires than your average CFS volunteer. 

Cue the burning salt from angry yellow-overalled CFS dudes....

• Cool 1

[NFB]
1,263 posts
12,246 battles
12 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

“Unrealistic Gameplay”... Is that an Oxymoron?

Haha, yes, kind off.

The issue may is, how far is it simulation and how far arcade game. IMHO, WoWS got that balanced pretty well...