Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
hbogyt

Unrealistic Gameplay

35 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Tester
7 posts
493 battles

This is supposed to be a combat game, but realism has been sacrificed in an attempt to make every ship class viable.

I am most frustrated with:

Visible shell trajectories which allow CAs and DDs easily dodge them.

Torpedo arm time too short, which allows torpedo bombers to drop at point blank range and still hit me. Also, while we're on the topic of torpedo bombers, AA damage should scale up exponentially with increasing proximity to the ship.

HE shells light ships on fire too easily and for too long. There aren't that many flammable objects on the deck of a ship for god's sakes. Warships didn't get lit on fire that often historically.

Firing from within smoke. This shouldn't be allowed. If you're in smoke, you should lose all vision of enemies, including shared vision.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
7 posts
493 battles
Just now, Onlinegamer said:

you mean you need Yamato main gun longer distance?

Yes, if it is historically accurate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
602 posts
7,583 battles

WoWs were never made for to be realism

you failed to mention there only 1 sailor on the ship..

Ships shouldnt have healthpoint 

Unlimited Ammo

 

Edited by Gummilicious
too blunt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
309 posts
4,060 battles
2 hours ago, hbogyt said:

Visible shell trajectories which allow CAs and DDs easily dodge them.

So you want to get rekt so easily while you are on a broadside cruisers?

2 hours ago, hbogyt said:

Firing from within smoke. This shouldn't be allowed. If you're in smoke, you should lose all vision of enemies, including shared vision.

If you are being a BB or any kind of cruisers, you are no longer capable of stealth firing from smoke. smoke was nerfed several patch ago.

And finally you are a human being, things shouldn't be that hard to imagine. I mean, I can always see myself running between rocks in the asteroid belt....

This is a game, not a real life simulation. You are presented some rules and logic within the game, you use your creativity to adapt to the virtual environment, instead of wasting time thinking how nonsense that would be in real life. That's why it is a "Game".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
7 posts
493 battles
6 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

So you want to get rekt so easily while you are on a broadside cruisers?

If you are being a BB or any kind of cruisers, you are no longer capable of stealth firing from smoke. smoke was nerfed several patch ago.

And finally you are a human being, things shouldn't be that hard to imagine. I mean, I can always see myself running between rocks in the asteroid belt....

This is a game, not a real life simulation. You are presented some rules and logic within the game, you use your creativity to adapt to the virtual environment, instead of wasting time thinking how nonsense that would be in real life. That's why it is a "Game".

Well if you're a cruiser, you can just pretend you're being shot at all the time and keep zig-zagging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
15 posts
1,234 battles
37 minutes ago, hbogyt said:

Well if you're a cruiser, you can just pretend you're being shot at all the time and keep zig-zagging.

Long range shots against good cruiser players are hard, that's why you need to get close. Unless you're fantastic at predicting moves.

Mind you, this game was never built to be realistic. Otherwise gameplay would be incredibly boring and unfair for weaker classes. Its meant to be arcady.

Edited by SecretIdentity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
145 posts
1,267 battles
6 hours ago, hbogyt said:

Visible shell trajectories which allow CAs and DDs easily dodge them.

Just because captain cant see doesnt mean Spotter crew (whatever their name, standing on the top to see around) cant also see. They can give info about incoming shell upon realize. So its OKAY.

 

6 hours ago, hbogyt said:

Torpedo arm time too short, which allows torpedo bombers to drop at point blank range and still hit me. Also, while we're on the topic of torpedo bombers, AA damage should scale up exponentially with increasing proximity to the ship.

Historically One torp was enough to kill a battleship without detonating it. Thank the game balance CV needs upto 9-15 torps to take down a battleship. Cruisers can easily dodge anything anyway.

 

6 hours ago, hbogyt said:

HE shells light ships on fire too easily and for too long. There aren't that many flammable objects on the deck of a ship for god's sakes. Warships didn't get lit on fire that often historically.

Agreed but think about Arcade mode and Classic balance as well. everyone will start playing bbs and dds wont be able to light fires on bbs, which will be even worse.

 

6 hours ago, hbogyt said:

Firing from within smoke. This shouldn't be allowed. If you're in smoke, you should lose all vision of enemies, including shared vision.

YOU LOSE. but your sonar doesnt. Just imagine that you have a historical sonar active 24 hours helping your gun to aim. and You just getting vision in monitor because that aim assist code is being translated to your pc screen. but your crew is still blind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts

Want realism? Join the navy - recreated from words of certain WG staff.

Edited by spixys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
728 posts
8,463 battles
26 minutes ago, Labeat said:

Historically One torp was enough to kill a battleship without detonating it. Thank the game balance CV needs upto 9-15 torps to take down a battleship. Cruisers can easily dodge anything anyway.

Erm… Just one quick side note... I just happened to read this the other day while I was waiting for my FXP to rack up enough to buy her...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_battleship_Musashi

"Musashi had been struck by an estimated total of 19 torpedoes and 17 bombs".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
192 posts
1,019 battles
7 hours ago, hbogyt said:

HE shells light ships on fire too easily and for too long. There aren't that many flammable objects on the deck of a ship for god's sakes. Warships didn't get lit on fire that often historically.

If the game historically accurate, HE shells will inflict serious damage on important things in Superstructure such as the gun fire control radar, therefore you can't shoot anything. 

 

After all, it is just a game. Relax and enjoy it ?

Edited by waichung1823

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
145 posts
1,267 battles
2 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Erm… Just one quick side note... I just happened to read this the other day while I was waiting for my FXP to rack up enough to buy her...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_battleship_Musashi

"Musashi had been struck by an estimated total of 19 torpedoes and 17 bombs".

Well I mean, Japan's battleship was actual battleship, which had something called actual armor and actual guns. im talking about rest of the world's battleship (or moving AA light castle) that was created without even a slight armor but Overloading them with billions of AA guns instead.

Edited by Labeat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles
8 hours ago, hbogyt said:

HE shells light ships on fire too easily and for too long. There aren't that many flammable objects on the deck of a ship for god's sakes. Warships didn't get lit on fire that often historically.

Yeah these ships clearly aren't burning from stem to stern besides the fact they carried thousands of gallons of fuel what do you think is going to happen when a projectile travelling at high speed hits an object with high resistance? you're going to see an exchange of heat because that's what actually happens in order to dissipate the kinetic energy of the projectile that energy is converted into heat energy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MEGA]
Member
4,563 posts
17,557 battles
53 minutes ago, Labeat said:

Well I mean, Japan's battleship was actual battleship, which had something called actual armor and actual guns. im talking about rest of the world's battleship (or moving AA light castle) that was created without even a slight armor but Overloading them with billions of AA guns instead.

*looks at bismark, POW, repulse, VV*

 

"billions of AA guns and no armor"

 

right...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×