Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous_shoot

Is winrate very impactful?

10 comments in this topic

4 posts
173 battles
4 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Could you explain the context a bit more? Impact regarding to what?

Regarding to luckiness or matchmaking. Because if my winrate is dropping so bad, I'm worried that when I join battles, I can be defeated so often and scolded by veterans.

605 posts
7,610 battles
20 minutes ago, Dangerous_shoot said:

Regarding to luckiness or matchmaking. Because if my winrate is dropping so bad, I'm worried that when I join battles, I can be defeated so often and scolded by veterans.

We wont know your winrate in-game unless we use stat tracking program

Play it slowly,dont skip tiers,you will do fine.

people rage normally just leave game

Edited by Gummilicious

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,840 posts
4,138 battles
2 hours ago, Dangerous_shoot said:

Matchmaking isn't an issue in Coop.

49 posts
5,551 battles

I don't think there's any evidence that the MM is going to punish you for a low WR; in fact, it's more rational to assume it would be positively prejudiced (if at all) in your favour as there is no benefit to WG to see you squashed to the point of frustration where you leave the game.

If folks are raging at you, just ignore them. And check their stats after the game; you'll often find they've got low WRs themselves and are tsking out their own frustrations on others (always 'useful' to blame others for one's own failings [not]). Just focus on developing your own skills.

And sure, getting above 50% isn't easy, but that shouldn't be your first focus; it's a negative distraction. Skills, map knowledge, ship knowledge, mechanics, tactics: that's what you work on, and the WR will take care of itself. 

Good luck 

145 posts
1,309 battles

WR is impactful, idk about others but so far I experienced about matchmaking that When your team gets OP ship like atlanta, belfast blah blah, enemy team gets tech tree ship which comes with a good wr. Same goes to DD matchmaking. Now I dont know about bb and cvs.  (just my experience, not 100% accurate)

And WR impacts your life too. Players are gonna behave to you they are gonna look at your winrate first. not to mention good clans will never ever look upon u without a wr. and You also get lesser chance to get supercontainer. Because one of my 44% wr player plays and opens same amount of container per day as me yet I got 4 supercontainers this year, he got 2. So I might blame WR or his totally pathetic RNG. 

20 hours ago, Dangerous_shoot said:

How about in random battle? My friend said that it's quite hard to reach winrate above 50%.

It is. if you play with Hull A (except tier 10 ofc) and without upgrades and proper commander trainings. Try not playing CV and DD in random for now, because too many radar fiesta around. Never overpush, never camp, and learn when to throw the towel and retreat. Youtube is your friend. so its not quite hard to get wr above 50%

[LYNMF]
2 posts
3,124 battles

Try not to rely on win rate too much or you'll end up paranoid about it when your wr drop too low and will negatively impacts your performance in game. I know because I'm also became paranoid when I earned my 51% win rate after so long and it's dropping back to below 50% soon

In game experience is much more important and try as much ships you can to learn their advantages and weakness.

Super Tester
7,564 posts
8,001 battles

If you wish to join one of the better clans, you need to increase your winrate. Also, as someone said above, when you start playing well, your winrate will increase automatically. 55-58% isn't that hard to maintain if you play well. And this number go up to 65-75% if you play in a good division.

Also, your winrate has no impact on getting super container, and wg's mm doesn't give a shit about whether you are getting frustrated from constantly losing. Two of the above posts are just some random confirmation bias, not fact.

Any wr over 50% means you have positive contribution to the team on average cases, lower than that means you usually drag the team down with you.

If you are new, don't focus too much on wr.

Sign in to follow this