You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Texas

25 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
830 posts
8,775 battles

I don't know if it's on special for everyone but it was in the shop for like 12 bucks or something. I should not have but I couldn't resist.

I justified it by saying to myself that I needed a decent US trainer as Indi has kinda failed me but I couldn't afford an Atlanta.

My US DD captain got moved up to Gearing and I don't want to sell Fletcher so I needed a trainer to make a new Fletch capt... so I got a premium BB to train a DD captain...

I am so smart, S M A T, yes siree bob.

But then THIS happened...

aa80.jpg

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

now as per OP...

Bought BB to train DD captain... so basically skills on his texas are PT>LS>SI>SE>TAE>CE *Giggles*

anyway other than that... texas is an okay ship(until build for AA) then u can see them low tier CVs lose planes quick

201 posts
1,732 battles
1 hour ago, Max_Battle said:

My US DD captain got moved up to Gearing and I don't want to sell Fletcher so I needed a trainer to make a new Fletch capt... so I got a premium BB to train a DD captain...

Hi Max,

In this situation, I think I would have gone for the Sims or the Monaghan. They are in the Premium shop and not too expensive. (Not the Kidd, which I have, as Yuro and another cc said directly "This is not the ship to train a skipper for the Fletch").

WG were donating a portion of their sales of the Texas to the "Texas preservation Trust". I think they still are. So if you are feeling a little down about your purchase, you can console yourself with the knowledge that you are contributing to a worthy cause.

All the best mate. Hope it works out the way you want it to.

Alex

B_T23

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23

1,042 posts
7,508 battles
2 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

12 bucks or something

Wow, great price. Not sure what I paid, but more than that. At the time Texas came with a special camo and some money was donated to preserve her as a museum ship.

I have no idea what your financial situation is, but I think T7 Sims for NZ$ 30 would be a much more effective way to train USN DD captains. With the current operation Dynamo, you can rake in XP and command XP by the tens of thousands per battle, when you fly/stack flags.

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

Texas AA is actually is that fearsome

She have strong AA but most of them is medium and short range, while dpm is ridiculous for tier 5, it lack of range (5km max) so it effective is quite limited (auto drop usually dont go that close anyway). Also, they are very vulnerable and easy get deleted by HE, so normally, don't expect too much from Texas AA

Kongo and Konig actually better to deal with tier 4-5 CV since they can reach 6-7 km range (full spect) 

[ZA]
171 posts
7,410 battles

I think they give it out for free, earlier this year through the twitch prime promotion. Actually, you will need to subscribe Amazon prime tv for 1 month, which cost 5~6 USD.

Beta Tester
830 posts
8,775 battles

Ah yeah. I agree with everyone. It wasn't a wise choice :)

It was a spur of the moment decision. That I really couldn't afford anyway...

I don't drink or "smoke" but I stay up for farrrrr too long sessions and the effect on my brain could be the same!

I was tired and have just really always wanted a Texas. From that perspective and the giggles from an 80 AA tier 5 ship it was worth it.

But yeah there are better options if I really want a USN trainer (which I really do).

Yes my Konig probably has better useable AA, even with secondary module fitted.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,859 posts
4,140 battles
13 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

So there's a new guy on board the ship.

When does the hazing begin?

We need a map called "cross the line.   First ship across it get painted with old oil and flailed with a mop by a badly made up Neptune.

Beta Tester
830 posts
8,775 battles

Oh well that's actually a bit of false advertising on my part.

Captain Smugface is actually my NC captain who I put on the Texas to see what the AA gets too.

Mind you, he is a real masochist and EVERYTIME he is on a ship that "crosses the line" he's all like, "Oh this is my first time. Does anything special happen to first timers?"

He's a bit off like that.

(New Fletch captain is still tapping his foot in the background muttering "I said SIMS please" under his breath).

Alpha Tester
1,638 posts
7,230 battles
2 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

We need a map called "cross the line.   First ship across it get painted with old oil and flailed with a mop by a badly made up Neptune.

Have you been peeping through my window????

*yells at wife to hide the mop*

Alpha Tester
1,638 posts
7,230 battles
1 hour ago, Max_Battle said:

(New Fletch captain is still tapping his foot in the background muttering "I said SIMS please" under his breath).

Whatever happens, you mustn't let him find out that his entire universe is nothing but a simulation  arcade game.

Beta Tester
830 posts
8,775 battles
1 minute ago, AntifoulAwl said:

Whatever happens, you mustn't let him find out that his entire universe is nothing but a simulation  arcade game.

ukkAffrh.jpg

Beta Tester
830 posts
8,775 battles
8 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

^

MM deciding which team to put you on.

If you select the Blue Pill, you will be put on a team with players who like to coordinate, play together and get caps and who protect and support each other meaning you may not get a good personal score but your W/L will benefit.

If you select the Red Pill, your team will yolo and seek only personal glory meaning the only thing you can do is get as much damage as you can which will help your WTR but your W/L will suffer.

15 posts
1,243 battles

I got the Texas for free, and to this day I still don't know how I got it. I didn't get it from a container, not as a gift (that Im aware of) No notifications popped up. It just appeared in my port.

325 posts
4,688 battles

Yes, there was a 1/2 price sale last week as a direct-to-player single use offer. Texas was there, Yubari, Tachibana (for like 1$ US!) and a few other low tier premiums.

I bought Texas to replace my New York which I sold a while back just so I have the complete US BB line T5-8 again.

Since you often see CV's at T5 MM it can be a lot of fun. Unfortunately most CVs are smart enough to never put a plane within 6 km of you. But the ones who do ... :cap_rambo: 

I like Texas, but then I liked New York also. My N. Cal captain (BFT, CE), who returns for double duty on my Texas, was originally trained on New York.

A word of caution: your AA mounts get hammered by HE so by the end of the game you are far more vulnerable to airstrikes than you might imagine.

Beta Tester
830 posts
8,775 battles
20 hours ago, SecretIdentity said:

I got the Texas for free, and to this day I still don't know how I got it. I didn't get it from a container, not as a gift (that Im aware of) No notifications popped up. It just appeared in my port.

Did you get invited to play by a friend? Like, did someone who was already playing send you a link to sign up and start playing World of Warships?

Because if you did, the first time you played a battle in a tier 6 ship, you would have got a Texas for free.

Beta Tester
830 posts
8,775 battles
10 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

Yes, there was a 1/2 price sale last week as a direct-to-player single use offer. Texas was there, Yubari, Tachibana (for like 1$ US!) and a few other low tier premiums.

I bought Texas to replace my New York which I sold a while back just so I have the complete US BB line T5-8 again.

Since you often see CV's at T5 MM it can be a lot of fun. Unfortunately most CVs are smart enough to never put a plane within 6 km of you. But the ones who do ... :cap_rambo: 

I like Texas, but then I liked New York also. My N. Cal captain (BFT, CE), who returns for double duty on my Texas, was originally trained on New York.

A word of caution: your AA mounts get hammered by HE so by the end of the game you are far more vulnerable to airstrikes than you might imagine.

Yeah. Although sometimes people don't know what they are doing.

I haven't played much of my Cleveland since she was promoted to tier 8 but I was in an 8-10 game the other day and the enemy CV focused ME... I was like, "sure, if you don't WANT them planes, I'll shoot them down for you..."

I took some hits but wasn't sunk and got a few plane kills too.

And the other day in my new Texas, I was on Big Race and at the end of the game, the enemy still had 2 CV left and I was one of the few targets they could attack.

Needless to say I pointed myself straight at CVs and gave them no choice but to attack me or die.

Well, as it turned out they attacked me and died anyway :D