Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Crusin_Rage

Blue lining on the rise again

12 comments in this topic

31 posts
7,902 battles

I am noticing that the abuse of blue lining seems to be on the rise again particularly in T10 games, as they have the range to still affect the game play while being much harder to hit, because of the mechanic the strange drift takes a few volleys to zone in on  them.

Perhaps we could bring in a damage penalty for blue lining say half the rate of being on fire, so if you accidentally hit it, its not a game ender but will encourage you not to travel half the map on the blue line.

Cheers Crusin

604 posts
7,591 battles
1 hour ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Map edge.

Well know for harbouring IJNBB captains who think they are snipers.

and and french cruiser the HENRI which annoyance

245 posts
5,809 battles

Only time I hit Blue line is when I'm running away and realise theres no more map.

Yeah, I should probably have more map awareness.

My usual reaction is "Sh*t, slowing down! must turn around and escape!

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,986 battles

Blue lining is often beneficial when ships bump it perpendicularly. Cause you can slide left and right at will and enemy will miss most of the shots. Hitting that line should start hp loss like friendly ramming, may be 2-3 times more.

Beta Tester
755 posts
8,558 battles

I see it from time to time and do it by accident from time to time.

I agree some very minor penalty should apply, but as I genuinely do it by accident, I'm sure others do too and I wouldn't like to see a massive penalty applied.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

Blue lining is often beneficial when ships bump it perpendicularly. Cause you can slide left and right at will and enemy will miss most of the shots. Hitting that line should start hp loss like friendly ramming, may be 2-3 times more.

it makes them easy food already, the current system makes bluelineing completely unprofitable, so why bother changing it? It's not as if bluelineing has worked at all for the past year or so

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,986 battles
32 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

it makes them easy food already, the current system makes bluelineing completely unprofitable, so why bother changing it? It's not as if bluelineing has worked at all for the past year or so

Eh? I hit blue line a few times, dodged almost all incoming shells tilting left and right with a BB .... That was rewarding instead of punishing. Like I said, if you hit the border perpendicular way, enemy will have hard time deciding which way you are going, unless some Chinese hacks like signals showing ship direction and speed is used.

Sign in to follow this