You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CptPugwash_1

RN DD missing Premium camo

8 comments in this topic

[TWR]
1 post
4,706 battles

Anyone else missing premium camo on Acasta? Just unlocked it and it clearly states it has a unique premium camo but mine does not having to use type 5 camo atm

1,011 posts
7,473 battles
14 hours ago, CptPugwash_1 said:

Anyone else missing premium camo on Acasta? Just unlocked it and it clearly states it has a unique premium camo but mine does not having to use type 5 camo atm

Hmm, I just had a look, Acasta is marked a premium ship. Her DD symbol in port shows the “chain” for a premium, not the “laurels” for a tech-tree ship.

All other T5 premiums I have in port have access to a premium permanent camo.

By the same logic, Acasta should have it too. However, I was under the impression that Acasta is an early tech-tree ship, rather than a premium. For tech-tree ships, refer to Icy’s post.

Maybe, Acasta really is an early tech-tree ship and the only way WG can “insert” the RN DD’s in the game before the tech-tree is expanded is by giving them the premium status. Who knows?

Try to fit a premium camo on any T5 tech-tree ship

247 posts
5,822 battles
4 minutes ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Maybe, Acasta really is an early tech-tree ship and the only way WG can “insert” the RN DD’s in the game before the tech-tree is expanded is by giving them the premium status.

That’s pretty much how the early access tech tree ships work. You get the ship, fully researched, but marked as ‘premium’ until the full line is released.

[1NATN]
287 posts
5,256 battles
1 hour ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Maybe, Acasta really is an early tech-tree ship and the only way WG can “insert” the RN DD’s in the game before the tech-tree is expanded is by giving them the premium status. Who knows?

Of course it's a tech tree ship, the line has been announced for a long time now. French BB early release was handled in exactly the same way, there's no mystery about it.

Only misleading thing is that in game the ships have the normal premium tool tip which states they have a permanent camo, when they actually don't (because again, they aren't really premiums".

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

Yes, the confusion is caused by the fact that early access tech tree ships are marked as premium in port carousel which they aren't. When the full line is finally released, they will revert to normal silver icons.

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
250 posts
12,869 battles

Maybe they need to be flagged as "premium" to allow any RN commander to be put in them for no re-training during this event.

1,011 posts
7,473 battles
14 hours ago, Webba84 said:

Of course it's a tech tree ship, the line has been announced for a long time now. French BB early release was handled in exactly the same way, there's no mystery about it.

Well, maybe we are not all as smart as you are.