You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
mr_glitchy_R

Am I the only one who thinks that British ships are undeniably OP?

88 comments in this topic

453 posts
9,669 battles

I have a confession to made, for the first 2500 games, I have mostly learn the game from NA and EU YouTubers, ichase, noster, flamu, flambass, you name it. That is easiest most convenient source of information, I still watch their videos whenever a new ship or new line in testing.

However, the most advanced skill and technique that I have learned are from my clan mate. For most elite players (me not included), those YouTube video looks like child play most of the time.

It hard to describe the difference between other servers meta, I am interested in opening a new thread but it will took a bit more time and thoughts to write.

Edited by sunlo2013

288 posts
5,590 battles

Thought this reddit topic was an interesting glimpse into different server meta. The stats are for the Jervis btw, OP doesn't make that clear.

Edited by Webba84

453 posts
9,669 battles
2 hours ago, Webba84 said:

Thought this reddit topic was an interesting glimpse into different server meta. The stats are for the Jervis btw, OP doesn't make that clear.

That picture only show you that usually people will keep play those ships that give most success, isn't it human nature? 

However, in SEA server potato love to keep repeat their failure. Don't ask me why, I am not a psychologist.

But that's not the meta I want to talk about.

[-ISO-]
798 posts
5,673 battles
51 minutes ago, sunlo2013 said:

However, in SEA server potato love to keep repeat their failure.

I think they are not repeating their failure but they are trying to collect some experience from failures in order to reach a success. Some people are different you know.

[REPOI]
Super Tester
126 posts
11,873 battles
1 hour ago, sunlo2013 said:

However, in SEA server potato love to keep repeat their failure

Then you'd love to see NA lol

288 posts
5,590 battles
2 hours ago, sunlo2013 said:

That picture only show you that...

Was referring to the discussion thread below the picture...

[-ISO-]
798 posts
5,673 battles
47 minutes ago, hbogyt said:

At least the OPness is historically accurate. HE fire setting, not so much.

It's not quite historically accurate and the HE power was meant for the uniqueness of these ships so that they won't be the same as other BB. 

Beta Tester
7 posts
726 battles
19 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

It's not quite historically accurate and the HE power was meant for the uniqueness of these ships so that they won't be the same as other BB. 

It sort of is. The British had a lot of experience with naval combat and ship building and their industry was not ravaged by WWI. By the same logic, Japanese battleships were also very good.

[TF44]
194 posts
7,849 battles

Gallant, Icarus and Acasta are all very meh. Jervis and LIghtning are better, but still shaded by equiv. US DDs. Quite manaueverable and good main arms but gun rotation seemingly rivaling BBs, lack of boost option (hydro sometimes handy to team though), rubbish AA, crappy torp arks with mediaocre torps and funky smoke system make them pretty meh really. Anyone playing Dynamo will probably notice RN DDs are usually outperformed by US DDs. Tier X matches in a LIghtning are not much fun at all (no exp. with Cossack).

I bet not too many got 200k matches in a DD for the RN challange in the last few days.

Perhaps generally they will need / get a small buff with slightly better rotation rates and / or torp arcs?

[LNA]
1,979 posts
12,334 battles
2 hours ago, scottme said:

Gallant, Icarus and Acasta are all very meh. Jervis and LIghtning are better, but still shaded by equiv. US DDs. Quite manaueverable and good main arms but gun rotation seemingly rivaling BBs, lack of boost option (hydro sometimes handy to team though), rubbish AA, crappy torp arks with mediaocre torps and funky smoke system make them pretty meh really. Anyone playing Dynamo will probably notice RN DDs are usually outperformed by US DDs. Tier X matches in a LIghtning are not much fun at all (no exp. with Cossack).

I bet not too many got 200k matches in a DD for the RN challange in the last few days.

Perhaps generally they will need / get a small buff with slightly better rotation rates and / or torp arcs?

They are very strong guardian dd. And are very unforgiving to hot blooded , not team oriented and active players. Very passive play that require you to keep your team alive and support them to fill the damage balance for you.

The crappy offensive weapons dont matter if you position right and identify all possible torpedo skill walls coming to your team and you outspot many dd in the same tier bracket.  Ofc all that require your team to be decent in the first place. Very inconsistent, but weak , heck no.

[TF44]
194 posts
7,849 battles

Yes, I did neglect to mention the excellent concealment values that must used to full advantage. I still think UK DDs are OK, but not particularly noob friendly, but prefer the more balanced nature of the US DD line.

[-ISO-]
798 posts
5,673 battles
16 hours ago, hbogyt said:

The British had a lot of experience with naval combat and ship building and their industry was not ravaged by WWI.

Yes it was. But the royal navy never build ships such as the tier 8 monarch, tier 9 lion and neptune, and tier 10 conqueror and minotaur. If they had to, England would be the nation with the most powerful navy in WW2. And possibly until now. 

• Funny 1