You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
mr_glitchy_R

Am I the only one who thinks that British ships are undeniably OP?

88 comments in this topic

[SGC]
Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,570 battles
2 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

And if you think British battleship are the least impactful, so prove it.

Just check global winrates. Or prove that they are very impactful.

Also, you are arguing with someone who has experience of 15000+ random battles, compared to your 160. I would at least want to listen to him instead of asking him to prove anything if I were you.

Edited by icy_phoenix

1,324 posts
11,945 battles

Well @icy_phoenix and @drakon233 lets be Generous to the kid here... and Say British ships are OP But I seriously have a question for the kid..

If you have the opinion of British Ships are OP then why haven't you grinded them yet?

I'll make you a deal... Get both Minotaur and Conqueror play them yourself and be the best in both of them or atleast be on the leaderboard for both ships then argue both ships are OP... But remember Co-op battles don't count..

Do it and show us the proofs

Then we'll agree that British Ships are OP...

Now can you do that? or Do you want to keep arguing about ships you didn't even play yet?

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

453 posts
9,669 battles

Omg, how is it possible to play 3500+ coop games and only 160 random?

I thought this is online multiplayer game. Don't you get bored after a few coop battle?

453 posts
9,669 battles

This post getting very technical, I will try to avoid the very technical part of debate, because it will not help average player only make them more confused.

The pen and over pen thing, on paper armor thickness, angle and ship thickness all plays part on whether the shell penetrates, fuse armed and then detonated inside the ship. 

However, there are so many quirks in the game's RNG. You just never know what happened when the shell hits and it sometime really surprises you. For average player like me, I like to just keep track few gun characteristics and workout how it may perform in certain situations, and works well for me.

Edited by sunlo2013
  • Cool 1

[ANZAC]
454 posts
15,388 battles
13 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

Since Black.

hahaha, true. Although for us great unwashed the Black basically does not exist.

13 posts
1,522 battles

Looking at the other comments, yeah you're the only person who thinks they are specifically overpowered. Yes, the HE spam from British battleships is f'ing ridiculous but they do have falls in other departments (gun traverse and in my experience armour come to mind). And I don't think the cruisers and destroyers are much different than the same type from other nations. 

• Cool 1

[SGC]
Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,570 battles
5 hours ago, Aaditya_AJ said:

Well @icy_phoenix and @drakon233 lets be Generous to the kid here... and Say British ships are OP But I seriously have a question for the kid..

Well I'm not saying they aren't OP. My point is, just because they are in the enemy team does not mean OP needs to hang back and not play his role. That's all. He has no experience about high tier battles to begin with, so from all the feedback around WoWS community, I am not surprised if he got the idea that those ships are op, while in reality, they require just as much skill as the other lines. (At least in my opinion, especially Minotaur and BBs up to Lion).

Edited by icy_phoenix

[NFB]
1,210 posts
11,021 battles
13 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

There are no guarantees that WG will nerf it.

I don't think WG will not nerf RN ships in general, because there is no need for that.

There may be minor adjustments to individual ships. If WG were to nerf the RN ships, you would complain about another line.

I think the problem is not the power of RN ships, but your frustration. 

It is a simple fact that in PvP online gaming *everybody* gets frustrated. You lose because your team is stacked with noobs, you are always bottom tier, there are too many radar ships, you are always burnt to death by RN BB’s, your kills are always stolen by teammates etc etc.

So there will always be frustration, the question is how you deal with it?

If *you* get more frustration than enjoyment from playing the game, change your attitude or stop playing. Or stop playing Random, or Ranked or whatever frustrates you.

1,324 posts
11,945 battles
3 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Well I'm not saying they aren't OP. My point is, just because they are in the enemy team does not mean OP needs to hang back and not play his role. That's all. He has no experience about high tier battles to begin with, so from all the feedback around WoWS community, I am not surprised if he got the idea that those ships are op, while in reality, they require just as much skill as the other lines. (At least in my opinion, especially Minotaur and BBs up to Lion).

He is saying in general whole RN line is OP here so I mentioned the Conq and mino which are the bottom end of the Tree of each class and asked to master them.. putting it aside he doesn't even have British Cruisers over Caledon but still generalizes that British ships are OP..

He doesn't even have T9 ship(and only ship he has in T8 is bismarck) to begin with let alone having experience of high tier battle and hasn't even crossed 200 PvP battles..  I'd say his opinions are irrelevant until he gets good enough knowledge about PvP upto T8..

And Yes I'm Judging him by his stats...

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,004 posts
9,036 battles

RN BB's and CL's are definitely not OP.  The BB tech tree ships are distinctly unfun to play against and unsatisfying to play, but they are balanced in terms of overall power.  KGV is probably the strongest tier for tier in the line.  The RN CL's are probably a bit underpowered, with the exception of a few that are balanced and the Fiji which is strong but not OP, and Belfast which used to be OP, but is now no stronger than Fiji since the smoke firing changes.

As for the DD's, they are average up to T6, T7 and particularly T8 are very strong (Lightning is the best T8 DD in the game imo).  The T9 and 10 look quite OP in their current iteration, but are more than likely going to receive a nerf before they are released in a few weeks.

[-ISO-]
810 posts
5,715 battles
14 hours ago, Aaditya_AJ said:

Do it and show us the proofs

Then we'll agree that British Ships are OP...

Now can you do that? or Do you want to keep arguing about ships you didn't even play yet?

I didn't have any proof yet. But I'm sure they are quite OP. Since there are some unicums out there like flamu stating and said that this ship is horribly unfun, It's almost unkillable, my skill would be irrelevant, it can out stealth most of cruisers. and it's boring. I can proof it to you, but that would be a long grind.

11 hours ago, sunlo2013 said:

Omg, how is it possible to play 3500+ coop games and only 160 random?

I thought this is online multiplayer game. Don't you get bored after a few coop battle?

Yes that's right. I'm getting bored of Co-op and mostly play it at tier 6 or lower to collect other things instead of ordinary tier 7 ships. And now I'm tried to improve my skill on Randoms. Playing Random battle is like playing 3 Co-op battle at the same time. It's so long, thrilling and intense. The reason why I play randoms so few is because I want to avoid being frustrated. And there is a thing called school that goes from 6 am to 4 pm. So yeah, I didn't have much time to improve it. It's like when I'm frustrated, I want to leave the game but I just can't because WG recently update the game. And there's always a new content to try.

453 posts
9,669 battles

Aren't we all get frustrated at the beginning? You can only improve by fought against real people and learn from your teammate, good or bad, they will taught you something if you pay enough attention.

And flamu is not god of warships.

288 posts
5,590 battles
56 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

I didn't have any proof yet. But I'm sure...

An almost word perfect description of everything wrong with post social media society. Well done!

:cap_like:

Edited by Webba84
  • Funny 2

[SGC]
Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,570 battles
1 hour ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

didn't have any proof yet. But I'm sure they are quite OP. Since there are some unicums out there like flamu stating and said that this ship is horribly unfun, It's almost unkillable, my skill would be irrelevant, it can out stealth most of cruisers. and it's boring. I can proof it to you, but that would be a long grind.

Lol, Flamu says a lot of things, doesn't mean squat in SEA.

I have a suggestion for you. Stop wondering about ships that you are no where close to facing off. That way you get less "frustrated".

[-ISO-]
810 posts
5,715 battles
2 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Stop wondering about ships that you are no where close to facing off.

But but encountering them also makes me frustrated. Should I just stop playing the game for a while?

5,431 posts
22,412 battles
5 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

I didn't have any proof yet. But I'm sure they are quite OP. Since there are some unicums out there like flamu stating and said that this ship is horribly unfun, It's almost unkillable, my skill would be irrelevant, it can out stealth most of cruisers. and it's boring. I can proof it to you

flammu, that joke of a content maker that keeps shittalking asia and has been proven wrong at every turn? you're actually using him as the denominator for how ships preform? 

right...

you know what, here, let me put in layman's terms.

The conqueror is a good ship, one of the best at T10 infact, however that does not mean it needs a nerf, what the conqueror does best is sit in the back as a HE spamming cuntlord and spam everything with HE and farm damage, the problem with that is that that does not help the team. yes the ship farms shittons of damage with napalm infused hellfire HE, yes the ship can heal back stupid amounts of damage with one heal, hell I know it more then most here,  I've literally said so before in a video.   the problem with all that is that if you play it like that then in no way are you contributing to your team in a meaningful way

so is it annoying as hell to kill? yes

is it a damage farming beast? yes

does it contribute to the team playing like that? no

if you play it in a way that BBs are supposed to be played, i.e supporting fire CA/BB suppression, tanking. the conqueror can only do ONE thing in there very well, and that's to surpress BBs to farm damage

5,431 posts
22,412 battles
1 hour ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

But but encountering them also makes me frustrated. Should I just stop playing the game for a while?

honestly, you should just AFK and find another game, im not saying that because of any wrongs with you, this game just isn't worth it, the community is fairly toxic, gameplay stale as hell and the WG staff... well just look at the clusterfuck on NA and those syncdropping jackass CVs running amock on asia, the more you play the more faults you find with it and it will only leave you burnt out. 

Edited by drakon233
  • Cool 1

1,324 posts
11,945 battles
9 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

I didn't have any proof yet. But I'm sure they are quite OP. Since there are some unicums out there like flamu stating and said that this ship is horribly unfun, It's almost unkillable, my skill would be irrelevant, it can out stealth most of cruisers. and it's boring. I can proof it to you, but that would be a long grind.

Unicums or Flamu? I see 2 different categories here unicums know what they talk about.. where as flamu most of the time thinks he is talking right (hence names himself shipjesus) there's a difference..

4 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

What Bots giving you trouble? then don't rush into the bots they'll shoot the closest ships to them...And it feels funny when me with my 586 battles explaining how bots work to player who has 3k co-op battles.. (but flamu doesn't tell you this does he?)

In the end play this game or stop playing.. Get your own opinions., you got your own brain, WoWs account, get the ship you think(flamu thinks) is OP, Play it get an opinion(YOUR OPINION) then come down to forum and argue about it...

Until then stop doing this nonsense....

[REPOI]
Super Tester
126 posts
11,893 battles
9 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

Since there are some unicums out there like flamu stating and said that this ship is horribly unfun, It's almost unkillable, my skill would be irrelevant

And if I could produce EU superunicums better than Flamu, who they disagree with (not hard to find those), wouldn't that make his observations irrelevant by extension of this logic?

Edited by OtomeprincessTH

458 posts
5,405 battles

For me, there's only one ship I dread seeing on the enemy team when it comes to the UK RN, which is the Belfast. Even then, I consider it more "annoying" than "OP", given as how it slaughters destroyers and can even be an annoyance to larger ships.

There is still one thing I do not get about British battleships, though, and that is their superheal. I can understand why RN cruisers get them (they get unhealable citadel damage way too often due to their flimsy armor, and seeing (or even doing) them get devstrike'd isn't uncommon. Problem is, battleships are built to tank damage in the first place. I do not see why they need those "newship" buttons.

#Flamu discussion: Is he really that despicable though? I do not follow him so I do not know where his Asia server-bashing takes place. I think I met him once before on the PT server (I was in the Gearing) when the Kronsthadt was still in testing, and he was pretty sour at our team which was performing worse than normal. 

I also have to point out that as good as he is in the game, he is all but one person, and his playstyle may not match yours (hell, even if it does, you may find that you like different ships). His opinions, like mine, should be taken with a grain of salt as his experience and yours may differ.

@drakon233: Maybe just me being new (I only have something like approaching 2000 battles) or being a naive person in real life, but I personally think this game is not as bad as you make it out to be; I've been in more toxic communities (here's looking at you, WoT SEA server forums, and to a lesser extent this game's NA forum where people make a fuss over absolutely everything), I've even seen/heard devs/official staff members that were more toxic than the ones here (EA, to the point they got voted Worst Company), I've seen worse out there.

Take what I have to say with a grain of salt, however.  Like I said, I'm both new and naive. Maybe in time, I will develop a slight jade color to my perspective on this game or (Poseidon forbid) WG. But until that time arrives, I will continue to give WG the benefit of the doubt when it comes to my opinion of their behavior. Hell, I was willing to take a neutral perspective on the 2015/2016 SirFoch debacle and the recent NA debacle about, as a thread in the NA forum put it, "dev strike for being devstriked".

And what you said about the Conqueror is why, as TVTropes put it, the ship is widely despised: it embodies those players who, on purpose and knowing what was going to happen, do nothing to contribute to the team except farm damage then get killed attempting to salvage the match.

@OtomeprincessTH: IMO people generally hate those who have a nasty/stuck-up attitude, no matter whether they have a point or not and irrelevant of their skill level. Put it this way, even if your teacher was actually competent and was not wrong, would you like it if he "advises" you with bad words? This is my reasoning behind my neutral stance on WG's SirFoch debacle, after hearing what Lert on the NA forum said (Foch spent at least a minute just letting out expletives and ranting).

Now if you guys excuse me, I gotta sleep...

5,431 posts
22,412 battles
6 hours ago, TD1 said:

@drakon233: Maybe just me being new (I only have something like approaching 2000 battles) or being a naive person in real life, but I personally think this game is not as bad as you make it out to be; I've been in more toxic communities (here's looking at you, WoT SEA server forums, and to a lesser extent this game's NA forum where people make a fuss over absolutely everything), I've even seen/heard devs/official staff members that were more toxic than the ones here (EA, to the point they got voted Worst Company), I've seen worse out there.

Take what I have to say with a grain of salt, however.  Like I said, I'm both new and naive. Maybe in time, I will develop a slight jade color to my perspective on this game or (Poseidon forbid) WG. But until that time arrives, I will continue to give WG the benefit of the doubt when it comes to my opinion of their behavior. Hell, I was willing to take a neutral perspective on the 2015/2016 SirFoch debacle and the recent NA debacle about, as a thread in the NA forum put it, "dev strike for being devstriked".

And what you said about the Conqueror is why, as TVTropes put it, the ship is widely despised: it embodies those players who, on purpose and knowing what was going to happen, do nothing to contribute to the team except farm damage then get killed attempting to salvage the match.

you have a good point really, the game isn't that bad to be honest and WG certainly hasn't sunk to the level of EA yet, it's just that I've been here for too long and seen far too much to keep my hopes up with the game. I feel like WG has been going downhill with the direction of the game and bas both been pandering to the less skilled playerbase while not even trying to cultivate a healthy gaming environment. leading the game to go more and more downhill

but hey, that's just my humble opinon, if you like this game as much as I did when I started off then by all means play and have fun:cap_like:

1,324 posts
11,945 battles
7 hours ago, TD1 said:

*snip*

Well yeah when it comes to belfast it is OP and WG stopped selling it..

You are right there.. the BB's super heal that's because WG needed something to make the new line standout differently than other BB line so adds HE and super heal to T9 and T10 but iirc they wanted to give these BBs radar which were tested live and called out to be hilariously OP.. but yeah WG needs to stop with their Gimmicks..

Flamu is just some NA player who knows NA meta.. which is different from SEA meta.. so basically whatever it says is more towards NA rather than SEA..

Don't know about SirFoch but lets be honest he was cursing WG rather than giving feedback.. and got what was coming to him.. but playerbase now-a-days is like if we follow someone that person is always right and whatever he says are angelic words.. same goes with OP here flamu said it is OP so it is OP it doesn't matter if I don't know about the ship it frustrates me to face the ship..

5,431 posts
22,412 battles
34 minutes ago, Aaditya_AJ said:

Well yeah when it comes to belfast it is OP and WG stopped selling it..

You are right there.. the BB's super heal that's because WG needed something to make the new line standout differently than other BB line so adds HE and super heal to T9 and T10 but iirc they wanted to give these BBs radar which were tested live and called out to be hilariously OP.. but yeah WG needs to stop with their Gimmicks..

Flamu is just some NA player who knows NA meta.. which is different from SEA meta.. so basically whatever it says is more towards NA rather than SEA..

Don't know about SirFoch but lets be honest he was cursing WG rather than giving feedback.. and got what was coming to him.. but playerbase now-a-days is like if we follow someone that person is always right and whatever he says are angelic words.. same goes with OP here flamu said it is OP so it is OP it doesn't matter if I don't know about the ship it frustrates me to face the ship..

flammu is more EU then NA tbh

1,324 posts
11,945 battles
1 hour ago, drakon233 said:

flammu is more EU then NA tbh

and my point being... I don't really care.. lol:cap_like:

Edited by Aaditya_AJ