You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
mr_glitchy_R

Am I the only one who thinks that British ships are undeniably OP?

88 comments in this topic

453 posts
9,669 battles

To be honest, RN BB isn't as strong as it seems. Sure you can achieve higher average damage easier than other lines. However, those damage can be heal back by large amounts. And they can not tank 460mm at all, also can't resist any HE shells. They are just too soft in T9 T10. 

I much prefer Yamato and Montana.

[SGC]
Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,516 battles
17 minutes ago, sunlo2013 said:

To be honest, RN BB isn't as strong as it seems. Sure you can achieve higher average damage easier than other lines. However, those damage can be heal back by large amounts. And they can not tank 460mm at all, also can't resist any HE shells. They are just too soft in T9 T10. 

I much prefer Yamato and Montana.

Just wanna add to this, they cannot usually heavily punish broadsiding BBs like other nations. Thanks to short fuse AP. While other nation BBs can blap cruisers just as good, even better for some ships, like Montana cause of insane accuracy.

Edited by icy_phoenix

1,158 posts
4 hours ago, Melcyna said:

Except Gadjah Mada gets the deep water torpedo with slightly faster speed, and 1 extra km range...

The ship itself also have 200m shorter detection than Jervis.

Gadjah Mada torp cannt hit DD, and spread is really wide. Jervis Torp, despite shorter it can hit DD and can be fired 1by1. of course to balance things Jervis should have slightly higher concealment than gadjah mada because RNDD already have fast accel.

its true that hitting BB or Ca is easy with deep water, BUT its only 1~2 hit with the pesky wide spread. just be honest here, ability to single torp is really make it stand out compared to other DD. if Jervis have same concealment s Gadjah Mada, i will sell my Gadjah Mada and move to Jervis.

1,158 posts
2 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Just wanna add to this, they cannot usually heavily punish broadsiding BBs like other nations. Thanks to short fuse AP. While other nation BBs can blap cruisers just as good, even better for some ships, like Montana cause of insane accuracy.

RN HE can punishing DD in one salvo, they have insane HE damage.

[-ISO-]
788 posts
5,673 battles
4 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Thanks to short fuse AP. While other nation BBs can blap cruisers just as good, even better for some ships, like Montana cause of insane accuracy.

Wait, which means that short fuse AP can penetrate DD and citadel a CL easily? Because normal AP shells usually just overpens every thin armored ships.

[SGC]
Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,516 battles
1 minute ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

Wait, which means that short fuse AP can penetrate DD and citadel a CL easily? Because normal AP shells usually just overpens every thin armored ships.

There is nothing about "easily". They arm in shorter time. Doesn't mean they will never overpen. For high tiers, cruiser armors are thick enough to arm everything.

[REPOI]
5,408 posts
22,325 battles
36 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

K fine. It's up to you then if you don't believe me.

while I don't like to bring stats into my discussions, im pretty sure more then 2000 battles in T10 BBs alone makes me a slight bit more knowledgeable about these ships through hands on experience and makes me quite qualified to make qualified to say "what" when you said it has "British accuracy" unless I misunderstood and you meant it had shit accuracy.  because I know for a fact that this ship has the worst dispersion outside of GK in T10s

also yes, the conq's short fuze AP makes it really easy to normal penn DDs and CLs

• Funny 1

[REPOI]
5,408 posts
22,325 battles
33 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

There is nothing about "easily". They arm in shorter time. Doesn't mean they will never overpen. For high tiers, cruiser armors are thick enough to arm everything.

armor has nothing to do with if a ship overpenns or not, it has to do with how wide the ship is

[SGC]
Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,516 battles
5 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

armor has nothing to do with if a ship overpenns or not, it has to do with how wide the ship is

According to Wargaming, you are wrong. It's all about armor thickness.

[LNA]
1,978 posts
12,327 battles
8 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

How wide the ship is actually make a crucial aspect between penning and overpenning. Zao is one example with very slim construction and rarely eat pens. Something like the Des Moines or Hinden eats pens more than overpens. German dd and certain dd are also notoriously infamous for being too prone to pens from battleship and all of them are fat.

The fuze time is the culprit , when you angled , the fuze will be more likely to detonate inside the ship than outside and fat ships get more than slim ships.

[MRI]
2,316 posts
12,114 battles

Actually you are all right. Whether a shell pens or overpens is a function of various factors, such as armour, fuse times, shell velocity.

They all come together to determine if the armour arms the shell and if the shell is still within the ship when it explodes.

[REPOI]
5,408 posts
22,325 battles
38 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

no no, the armor only activates the AP shell(after it does the bounce and penn checks) , and that isn't even a absolute factor since the fuze can arm on water, the thing that counts in overpenns is the length of the ship it passes through after it has been activated, or in other words, the time the shells stays inside of a ship, so it dosnt actually matter how thick the armor is, rather the length of the ship the shell passes through

[SGC]
Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,516 battles
1 hour ago, legionary2099 said:

German dd and certain dd are also notoriously infamous for being too prone to pens from battleship and all of them are fat.

Umm no, the slight difference in width hardly makes any impact on time spent for shells to stay inside the ship. DDs get pens when angled or perpendicular. And thats why if you shoot broadside dds with thin armor you get overpens (for most ones). Fat ships feels like eating more pens because when you angle, they still catch more shells.

I don't know about zao, is there much difference in width between her and a dm?

[ANZAC]
451 posts
15,334 battles
23 hours ago, Melcyna said:

120sec reload... (terrible loading speed  but at least it's partially offset with single fire)

59 knots... (decently fast...)

7km range, yes... 7... (

Since when were 59 knot torps considered decently fast? 

[NFB]
1,209 posts
10,926 battles
19 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

You can't tank an HE shells in any position.

If you drive a BB, you can heal a good part of the damage though.

In other ships, you can evade a good part.

19 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

his also makes me in confusion.

I think that is the real issue.

It is always easy to blame others, ie the noobs, the matchmaking, or, in your case, RN BB’s.

Blaming others does not help you.

Being the only one who Insists RN ships are OP also does not help you.

I wonder how can we help you?

[SGC]
Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,516 battles
6 hours ago, j0e90 said:

Since when were 59 knot torps considered decently fast? 

Since Sims.

[-ISO-]
788 posts
5,673 battles
19 hours ago, drakon233 said:

because I know for a fact that this ship has the worst dispersion outside of GK in T10s

Well if so then why there are some people out there complaining the dispersion of German BB? because these two ships have the same sigma value. 

[-ISO-]
788 posts
5,673 battles
2 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

I wonder how can we help you?

Nothing. You can't help me unless I have the motivation to get better. There are no guarantees that WG will nerf it. 

[TF44]
244 posts
5,359 battles

I'm up to Lightning and not finished a single game in RN DD's. I just cannot destroyer.

It looks fun on paper. Fantastic acceleration, decent turning, good guns (So long as you have IFHE and select the right sort of ammo)....

But I just cannot get the hang of them. On paper they look easy to use, but I am having issues. Simply put, these are NOT friendly to poor players or those who don't 'Get' them.

I dont.

Newb friendly? Not in the slightest. Rewarding to those who can play them well? Absolutely.

Able to be used by me? I'll try again in a few months. For now, I'll stick with US CA's and CL's and settle for killing them.

[SGC]
Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,516 battles
2 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

Well if so then why there are some people out there complaining the dispersion of German BB? because these two ships have the same sigma value. 

That's one of your misconceptions. Sigma value does not necessarily mean accurate salvos. Example: Montana is by far the most accurate BB (when built properly) in the game.

Edited by icy_phoenix

[REPOI]
5,408 posts
22,325 battles
2 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

because sigma=/= dispersion, otherwise Scharnhorst would actually be a good sniper

[-ISO-]
788 posts
5,673 battles
2 hours ago, drakon233 said:

because sigma=/= dispersion, otherwise Scharnhorst would actually be a good sniper

Now you just stated that Conqkek has the worst accuracy in T10 right? But even so, the HE power is still potent against DD. Although she have bad accuracy but one shell can possibly set a fire. Now that coupled with stealth and heal advantages while this thing as a BB already have armor advantage. I have encountered so many  British BB and what they do is just sit on the back of the map and spamming HE shells. No matter how bad their dispersion is, I always being set on a fire or two. Once they are being focused, they retreat as far as possible and let the concealment work. After that, they return to spam their HE and the cycle goes on. And if you think British battleship are the least impactful, so prove it.

Edited by mr_glitchy_R

[MRI]
2,316 posts
12,114 battles

Imo how effective RN BBs are depends on the circumstances. If they are allowed to sail around and spam HE all day and annoy the daylights out of everybody, they can be very effective. But if they are forced to do the usual BB things like tanking or pushing a flank, they will perform poorly.