Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
mr_glitchy_R

Am I the only one who thinks that British ships are undeniably OP?

88 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
311 posts
4,076 battles

Just as the title above, I can't deny the OPness of this line. Most of them doesn't makes sense like the Conqkek. They have so many advantages such as: HE shells that combined from DE and IFHE, AP spam that can intimidate you, superb British accuracy, ridiculous concealment, Dat heal tho, fast smoke screen loading, Most of them are broken brain dead ships, the main couse of powercreep that happens on all nations except for this. And then there's the DD and CV that will be added soon. Here we go again. 

Edited by mr_glitchy_R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LNA]
Member
1,660 posts
10,447 battles
24 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

Just as the title above, I can't deny the OPness of this line. Most of them doesn't makes sense like the Conqkek. They have so many advantages such as: HE shells that combined from DE and IFHE, AP spam that can intimidate you, superb British accuracy, ridiculous concealment, Dat heal tho, fast smoke screen loading, Most of them are broken brain dead ships, the main couse of powercreep that happens on all nations except for this. And then there's the DD and CV that will be added soon. Here we go again. 

They will not be OP if we remove their HE ( forcing them to entirely shoot AP ). And have to choose between smoke and hydro , there done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
189 posts
1,723 battles
9 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Only Belfast is OP. Other's are not even newbie friendly.

This. ^^^^^. Make a small error with these ships and you can become toast instantly!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
5 posts
2,337 battles

RN CL have paper tissue for armor... HE of most caliber just wrecks them... and god help you if BB looks at you wrong and BAP you in the face with AP shells because it doesn't matter if you bow in to them... their AP will just skewer you straight through the bow and there goes 3/4 your HP... and since you don't have HE... your only hope of damaging BB with your gun (unless you wanna get close enough to use your short torpedo and risk getting deleted out of existence by one salvo of her) is to shoot super structure usually or the bow and stern from the side for some BB.

meanwhile

RN DD have relatively rapid firing 120mm gun but it turns pretty slow for a DD, the most annoying part however is that without IFHE you'll get minimal damage done on anything with armor...

their gun are decent still though and IT BETTER BE... because the torpedoes are crap.

Like seriously... take Jervis...

120sec reload... (terrible loading speed  but at least it's partially offset with single fire)

59 knots... (decently fast...)

7km range, yes... 7... (

 

Jervis concealment with CE ??? 6.5km

 

So RN DD real asset is basically their gun, their torpedo is pretty much a last resort or for target of opportunity dumb enough to get that close without punishing you.

 

I don't know how RN CV will be in game, but historically we know that:

A. they were tough as they were among the earlier armored carriers.

B. they got smaller plane capacity than the USN counterpart.

So you can probably expect small plane reserve but a reasonably tough CV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
189 posts
1,723 battles
1 hour ago, Melcyna said:

RN CL have paper tissue for armor... HE of most caliber just wrecks them... and god help you if BB looks at you wrong and BAP you in the face with AP shells because it doesn't matter if you bow in to them... their AP will just skewer you straight through the bow and there goes 3/4 your HP... and since you don't have HE... your only hope of damaging BB with your gun (unless you wanna get close enough to use your short torpedo and risk getting deleted out of existence by one salvo of her) is to shoot super structure usually or the bow and stern from the side for some BB.

Agree. 

Would be be nice too have HE too fire back with. May even scare the BB's enough to miss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,105 posts

2iqsz9.jpg

 

Brits DD is the most noob friendly, fast acc mean you can dodge torp or run from radar, single torp firing will make practice torping from noob easier. and high concealment..... at higher tier, their gun configuration is similiar to gadjah mada, very gud.

 

btw, Acasta and Jutland seems sux

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ZA]
Member
165 posts
7,373 battles

Actually, I don't think the line is noob friendly, quite contrary it is noobs death wish however the performance scale greatly with skills level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
5 posts
2,337 battles
10 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

Brits DD is the most noob friendly, fast acc mean you can dodge torp or run from radar, single torp firing will make practice torping from noob easier. and high concealment..... at higher tier, their gun configuration is similiar to gadjah mada, very gud.

 

btw, Acasta and Jutland seems sux

Acasta and Icarus both have the same problem with their guns as they only have 4 guns, 120mm each that doesn't turn that fast... so while they are at least better than the IJN DD... they are outgunned against anything else.

To make things worse... Icarus have the same torpedo as Jervis...

7km range, 59 knots... and BLOODY 120 sec reload

 

you basically either ration your torpedo carefully with single shots... or you fire full salvo and.... then twiddle your thumb for 2 minutes because that's how long you are going to be waiting for the next torpedoes.

So you better damn well make those torpedoes count... because you are gonna be waiting for a while before you get another one.

And since they are only 7 km torpedo... and your concealment is around 6.2km or so (with CE, without it it's basically the same range as the torpedo)... well... you don't exactly have much leeway with your torpedoes...

 

Their concealment isn't exactly bad... but their torpedoes short range doesn't help them.

 

Jervis at least had decent guns since she has 6 of it... and her rear turret can traverse full 360 which is great...  but that's about all she has.

Icarus... gets the worst part of Acasta (with only 4 guns) and the worst part of Jervis (her torpedoes).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,105 posts
38 minutes ago, Melcyna said:

you basically either ration your torpedo carefully with single shots... or you fire full salvo and.... then twiddle your thumb for 2 minutes because that's how long you are going to be waiting for the next torpedoes.

the single torping ability is really OP, 2 min reload? do you even touch Gadjah Mada? 2 min reload + wide spread that Pensa can dodge it from 2km! also most low and mid tier DD cannt stealth torp. why brits DD is so noob friendly? because it have hydro, fast accel, and spammable smoke. 

 

53 minutes ago, sunlo2013 said:

Actually, I don't think the line is noob friendly, quite contrary it is noobs death wish however the performance scale greatly with skills level. 

why do you think so?

 

1 hour ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Yet you say the line is noob friendly?    

tell me what is the most noob friendly DD compared to brits line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
604 posts
7,594 battles
8 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

the single torping ability is really OP, 2 min reload? do you even touch Gadjah Mada? 2 min reload + wide spread that Pensa can dodge it from 2km! also most low and mid tier DD cannt stealth torp. why brits DD is so noob friendly? because it have hydro, fast accel, and spammable smoke. 

 

why do you think so?

 

tell me what is the most noob friendly DD compared to brits line.

Single torping is quite a situational ability for me(cuz potato), if you decides to just single line torp,you have a better chances of missing them than the narrow spread

USN DD is the most friendly for me

Edited by Gummilicious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54
[1NATN]
Member
287 posts
5,250 battles

I think they are almost all poorly conceived and implemented, having far too many 'unique' features and often having a gameplay style unrewarding to play both as and against.

Balance wise they are fine.

Edited by Webba84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,011 posts
7,464 battles
15 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

I can't deny the OPness of this line.

You mean “ships” as in DD’s, cruisers and BB’s?

BB’s first, you have to keep in mind that HE damage is mostly fire damage and a lot of that heals back. I didn’t play RN BB’s that much, except Warspite, and I don’t think Warspite is OP. I had a few games in Hood, which is fast but has paper armor.

The cruisers have an advantage with smoke, fair enough, but if caught with their pants down, they are killed quickly. With so many radar ships these days the advantage of smoke is not what it used to be. To do damage in smoke you have to have someone spot for you, except for Belfast which can have smoke and Radar at the same time.

Too early for me to tell what the DD’s will be like. Gallant is certainly not OP. Acasta makes me shudder. Cossack would be able to stand up against most other T7 DD’s, but I don’t think she is OP.

Overall, there seems to be “balance”, if you ask me.

But RN ships are different from other lines, and I appreciate variety.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ZA]
Member
165 posts
7,373 battles

I am just curious that people calling the line op, did they actually played the line and had a lot of success in them?

From T5~T7, I don't think they are op because I don't find them scary to play against.

However, I think T8 is pretty good ship and T9 and T10, possibly will be a little op because of the ap angle and heal. 

Even T9 and T10 need a lot of skills and knowledge to make it work.

Edited by sunlo2013

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
31 posts
7,902 battles

I think they are pretty well balanced, they encourage a different play style and if played aggressively like I like too, you can easily get deleted or inflict mass damage its a very fine line witch way it goes given just ONE yamato shell kills 3/4 of your health pool even bow on, you cop two or three and kiss your arse goodbye.

As for the BB's welcome to the royal BBQ but if you know how to hit them they go down pretty quick, there also rather allergic to RN crusier AP

Cheers Crusin

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
5 posts
2,337 battles
2 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

the single torping ability is really OP, 2 min reload? do you even touch Gadjah Mada? 2 min reload + wide spread that Pensa can dodge it from 2km! also most low and mid tier DD cannt stealth torp. why brits DD is so noob friendly? because it have hydro, fast accel, and spammable smoke. 

 

why do you think so?

 

tell me what is the most noob friendly DD compared to brits line.

Except Gadjah Mada gets the deep water torpedo with slightly faster speed, and 1 extra km range...

The ship itself also have 200m shorter detection than Jervis.

 

So she not only is less detectable than Jervis, she gets extra range and speed on top of that for her torpedoes AND her torpedoes are a lot harder to detect than Jervis slower... shorter ranged torpedoes.

Single firing torpedoes? great if you get idiots to shoot at... or you know very well where and when to use them and can predict their movement.

Terrible otherwise since if your prediction isn't great then you probably will miss with all of them THEN WAIT 2 minutes for it to reload.

 

No seriously, while i have gotten kills with Jervis torpedoes... EVERY SINGLE TIME it was against pretty brain dead BB or CA who never changes their direction and were dumb enough to get into my short range without doing much about it.
 

Devastating? sure.. IF they connect...

And that's a big IF considering you only got 7 km range and they are not exactly fast.

 

Meanwhile GM smoke is not as spammable as RN DD smoke like Jervis...

But GM one also lasted a LOT LONGER than the 40 seconds on Jervis...

Most importantly... GM smoke discharges over much longer period than the 10 seconds on Jervis.

With RN DD... their smoke discharges for such short time and lasted so short that it is useful for only 1 thing and 1 thing only...

for you yourself to get a chance to get out...

 

THAT'S IT...

and if you mistimed it and didn't slow down early enough you will overshoot the smoke (RN DD can accelerate pretty well but decelerating is a different story) so usually you either have to start preparing for it early enough and start decelerating before using it... 

Or you have to discharge the smoke then turn to put the smoke between you and whoever can spot you.

Then you got 40 seconds to either get out of the area or start writing your will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
311 posts
4,076 battles
18 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Only Belfast is OP. Other's are not even newbie friendly.

Really I ever read your comment saying "You should use British battleships first since they doesn't need that much of a skill." Some of you also said that if I had Conqkek, I will be hated by CC. Because you know. British BB HE shells. Seriously, this is obvious. You can't tank an HE shells in any position. Every time I joined a battle and meet a British BB, I'm always trying so hard to avoid it. But I can't because of the British accuracy and that intimidating HE power. This also makes me in confusion. If I charge, I'm screwed and if I reversing / retreating, I'm also screwed. Because again, I can't avoid being set on fire.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MEGA]
Member
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
22 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

Really I ever read your comment saying "You should use British battleships first since they doesn't need that much of a skill." Some of you also said that if I had Conqkek, I will be hated by CC. Because you know. British BB HE shells. Seriously, this is obvious. You can't tank an HE shells in any position. Every time I joined a battle and meet a British BB, I'm always trying so hard to avoid it. But I can't because of the British accuracy and that intimidating HE power. This also makes me in confusion. If I charge, I'm screwed and if I reversing / retreating, I'm also screwed. Because again, I can't avoid being set on fire.

 

what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,544 posts
7,993 battles
46 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

Really I ever read your comment saying "You should use British battleships first since they doesn't need that much of a skill." Some of you also said that if I had Conqkek, I will be hated by CC. Because you know. British BB HE shells. Seriously, this is obvious. You can't tank an HE shells in any position. Every time I joined a battle and meet a British BB, I'm always trying so hard to avoid it. But I can't because of the British accuracy and that intimidating HE power. This also makes me in confusion. If I charge, I'm screwed and if I reversing / retreating, I'm also screwed. Because again, I can't avoid being set on fire.

 

BBs dont need much skill to drive, but does not mean you don't need skill to do well. When people say BBs need least amount of skills, what they mean is you don't really need to do much to achieve average scores. BBs need tremendous amount of skills too if you want to carry the game. Now, are you trying to say you become useless if you see a UK BB in enemy team? If you think so, why don't you play the UK BB line yourself? They are the least impactful BB line in the game.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MEGA]
Member
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
1 minute ago, icy_phoenix said:

BBs dont need much skill to drive, but does not mean you don't need skill to do well. When people say BBs need least amount of skills, what they mean is you don't really need to do much to achieve average scores. BBs need tremendous amount of skills too if you want to carry the game.

*cough not having elite BB badge cough*

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,544 posts
7,993 battles
1 minute ago, drakon233 said:

*cough not having elite BB badge cough*

 

Haven't played T10 BB for a while :D Focusing on cruisers now, easiest class in the game :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×