You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

203mm American AP

10 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
682 posts
8,402 battles

These guns feel so good to me. Especially on Pensacola and Indianapolis.

I don't crunch numbers much, maybe I should but meh, I play games to enjoy not to do maths tests (no aspersions upon those who enjoy this aspect of gaming though and I will listen to reason - ie what guns are useful for IFHE for example).

I know American AP has forgiving penetration angles but is there some other less than obvious stat that I am missing?

I mean, I seem to be able to hit citadels really well, especially with Pensa and Indi... have I just learned where to aim or is there something particularly special about this gun?

1,105 posts

its called gitgud my friend, the fact you can land some hit perfectly in citadel mean you know how to aim. 

also 203mm dont need IFHE, 152mm need it in higher tier. the murica cruiser dont have torpedo, so their main source of damage is gun.

at T5~T7 sheep have paper armor, 203mm can land citadel very easy or just overpen. its very silly that i citadel Omaha with Iron duke HE lol

Beta Tester
682 posts
8,402 battles
4 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

its called gitgud my friend, the fact you can land some hit perfectly in citadel mean you know how to aim. 

also 203mm dont need IFHE, 152mm need it in higher tier. the murica cruiser dont have torpedo, so their main source of damage is gun.

at T5~T7 sheep have paper armor, 203mm can land citadel very easy or just overpen. its very silly that i citadel Omaha with Iron duke HE lol

Yes. I know 203 doesn't do IFHE, that was just an example...

And yeah, sure, since Pensa went back to T6, she has been cit heaven but I have citadeled North Carolina with 203mm, so, that felt good.

1,105 posts
36 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

And yeah, sure, since Pensa went back to T6, she has been cit heaven but I have citadeled North Carolina with 203mm, so, that felt good.

:cap_wander:

are you sure?

Beta Tester
682 posts
8,402 battles
1 minute ago, Skarhabek said:

:cap_wander:

are you sure?

Yep. Was close range of course. But I remembered it because it was so notable. May have been in Indi.

Beta Tester
604 posts
6,756 battles
On 9/25/2018 at 9:46 PM, Max_Battle said:

These guns feel so good to me. Especially on Pensacola and Indianapolis.

I don't crunch numbers much, maybe I should but meh, I play games to enjoy not to do maths tests (no aspersions upon those who enjoy this aspect of gaming though and I will listen to reason - ie what guns are useful for IFHE for example).

I know American AP has forgiving penetration angles but is there some other less than obvious stat that I am missing?

I mean, I seem to be able to hit citadels really well, especially with Pensa and Indi... have I just learned where to aim or is there something particularly special about this gun?

The different autobounce angles make a massive difference, and they have very good penetration.  At higher tiers they have the superheavy AP shells as well that have even better pen.

The main problem with US 203mm AP is the ships they are attached to... 

[LNA]
1,658 posts
10,425 battles
2 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

The different autobounce angles make a massive difference, and they have very good penetration.  At higher tiers they have the superheavy AP shells as well that have even better pen.

The main problem with US 203mm AP is the ships they are attached to... 

Nah , the platform is adequate. They get very good firing angles. Only downside is low top speed.