Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

The Bank says no - Premium choice Take Two

14 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
767 posts
8,598 battles

I would have loved to have bought a Prinz Eugen to take advantage of the Doubloons Back offer (that runs out very soon!) but I can't afford to spend that much at the moment.

With a little research, after reading some reviews and watching some videos, I think one from the following list would be good for me.

I don't really NEED another ship in my port right now but I don't want to miss out on getting a few doubloons "for free".

If anyone has experience with any of these ships and could give a "Hell Yes" or a "Hell No" it may help inform my decision.

I enjoy DD, CA/CL and BB play.

(Of course everyone is different and that's a good thing, just if everyone who responds says "Ship X is utter garbage" then I may steer away from that).

1. Anshan - I think this is my best choice because of the extra FXP and as I said I don't really NEED another ship right now so one that has some specific, unique factor makes the most sense.

2. Perth

3. Aigle

4. Texas and Marblehead - These are both on special for me and I could afford to get BOTH ships if I so chose.

5. Sims

6. Monaghan

7. T-61

8. Z-39

9. Molotov

...and deliberately put last...

10. Haida

I have actually researched these ships and reflected upon playing with and against them in games. They only make the list if I have at least once quivered a little when coming up against them!

(Like Batman, use your OWN fear against your enemies!)

Edited by Max_Battle

[ZA]
165 posts
7,373 battles

T-61 or Z-39. Although T-61 would be first choice with cheaper price. 

Just an interesting side story, when ZA won 3rd place in Kots, everyone picked T61 before it was release, however they only enjoyed the ship for a week then WG decided have to take it back because it wasn't a released ship. 

1,105 posts

Z-39 have:

- insane 19.600 HP, 

- 150mm gun, german HE 1/4 pen, German AP,

- 8.5 torp range and 90 sec reload, 8x no stupid lelwater torp

- T8 Hydro and smoke, T8 Concealment upgrade

- decent AA

minus :

- big ass

- 36 knot only

- 4gun only with 7.5 sec reload, gud to rekt CA but lack againts other DD.

- 15mm cannt use AFT upgrade -_-

354 posts
9,048 battles

Perth's creeping smokescreen makes it fairly unique amongst cruisers, if it's uniqueness you want. I got one in a SC and I've only played it a few times in coop, but I was impressed and intend to give it a good run in PvP sometime. Better than Leander but no Belfast.

[TKR]
5 posts
6,707 battles
17 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

- 150mm gun, german HE 1/4 pen, German AP,

German DD use HE 1/6 pen rule if i remember correct and German AP only good at damage. it has bad ricochet angle and at long range you mostly get ricochet, can only use when enemy showing full broadside.

[NOOB1]
28 posts
3,411 battles

Frankly the T-61 is OP and at a reasonable price.

It causes havoc wherever it goes and can handle up tiering nicely.

Can't go wrong with it.

I think Anshan , Aigle and Monaghan are ok to good. I would probably pick Anshan out of these mainly for its bonus to free exp off the camo ( it really adds up )

The Sims is the ship of choice for this weeks operation : Dynamo !

Molotov is a glass cannon - you can have fun and you can get wrecked.

Beta Tester
767 posts
8,598 battles
27 minutes ago, Dano07 said:

Frankly the T-61 is OP and at a reasonable price.

It causes havoc wherever it goes and can handle up tiering nicely.

Can't go wrong with it.

I think Anshan , Aigle and Monaghan are ok to good. I would probably pick Anshan out of these mainly for its bonus to free exp off the camo ( it really adds up )

The Sims is the ship of choice for this weeks operation : Dynamo !

Molotov is a glass cannon - you can have fun and you can get wrecked.

It's so tempting to get Sims based on this, but could be very short term gain... but I do buy ships based on Ops too, and there are other AA ops I guess.

[NOOB1]
28 posts
3,411 battles

well frankly operation Dynamo seems easy enough to get 5 stars

I started with an AA spec Mahan but then realised I could use the operation to level my Minsk. And I added an AA module

And it turned out quite well - so no u dont need a sim

Beta Tester
767 posts
8,598 battles
13 minutes ago, Dano07 said:

well frankly operation Dynamo seems easy enough to get 5 stars

I started with an AA spec Mahan but then realised I could use the operation to level my Minsk. And I added an AA module

And it turned out quite well - so no u dont need a sim

Yeah my AA Farragut and AA Mahan do just fine. Between them and my Gallant and my Leningrad I probably have as much Dynamo grinds as I can handle.

Beta Tester
767 posts
8,598 battles

Leaning towards T-61.

I haven't started down the German DD line yet and this would be useful.

I just watched this too, which leans me AWAY from Anshan...

Beta Tester
767 posts
8,598 battles

...aaaand, DONE!

With the exchange rate and considering this purchase plus a couple days of premium time in the period, I should get two tiers of Doubloons back.

Thanks for input everyone.

T-61 World of Warships Screenshot 2018.09.26 - 01.34.59.100.png

115 posts
2,634 battles
7 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

...aaaand, DONE!

With the exchange rate and considering this purchase plus a couple days of premium time in the period, I should get two tiers of Doubloons back.

Thanks for input everyone.

T-61 World of Warships Screenshot 2018.09.26 - 01.34.59.100.png

Good choice pivoting from Anshan I'd say. I thought Her fxp camo also great for farming but after I got her I realised I got much more fxp from operations (in the right ship). I probably got 100k+ from cherry blossom in 1 day while in few weeks I have Anshan fxp gained from her camo prob only amounts to about 10-15k.

Sign in to follow this