You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TD1

WG's "returning player incentive" discussion

19 comments in this topic

221 posts
2,681 battles

I am stirring a hornet's nest just by making this topic, but I would like to know what everyone think of WG's "returning players" incentive program;

If you have ever ceased playing for quite a while, you might get lucky and receive quite the load from WG- a premium ship (Guilio Cesare, De Grasse, Ishizuchi and Massaschusetts (as a trial lasting 7 days), a boatload of credits/free XP/doubloons (maybe)/any combination of the above.

I made this thread because I'm genuinely curious as to what this server thinks; I read the entirety of a thread discussing it in the NA forums (13 pages long- thread-walking is something of a binge habit I do when bored), and quite a lot of people were, to put it bluntly, salty over this issue (not to say that there are not supporters of this incentive program, but most of the time the posters are enraged that WG seems to (their opinion) value absentees over regular players (their words, not mine).

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles

I have been gifted a Gulio and an Atlanta as well as about 150K FXP and a fistload of credits on my NA account as part of that program.   It sort of made me want to not play again in the hope of getting more gifts.

I would be more inclined to support a system to support regular players (which we have in the form of crates).    The company need to make incentives to attract NEW players and retain current active players.  Players that have vanished for a long time generally wont return or only come back sporadically.

Beta Tester
784 posts
8,629 battles

I don't know how much that video of chicks dancing on an Aircraft Carrier cost to make.

What that investment got WG in terms of financial returns I don't know.

What that money would have got WG in terms of loyalty if they had instead done one of those, "You get X for every 1,000 games you have played or years active" I don't know either.

I have the internets already. I can see all the "Dancing Girls" I want. That didn't boost my loyalty. I'm no SJW but even I found that video a little cringeworthy and "dated".

Someone I know who played a while ago just got an email offering him 10 million credits to come back to World of Warships.

He was offered 10 million for NOT playing...

I don't know how I feel about that. I'm not sure if it impacts me negatively as a long term player but it sure doesn't impact me positively as one.

361 posts
3,693 battles

You know what i counted the total rewards for just login daily for sept. The previous month daily rewards should be around the same. Everyone may not have the time to login and play everyday so the rewards might be even lower.

X24 signals flags

X12 consumables

6000 free xp

X14 camo

150,000 credits

See how wg is treating and giving rewards to active players and comparing to the rewards given to returning players. You can just say wow are you fucking serious wg? Is this how you treat your active players? I think the rewards are just too little to be 'active'.

I think the rewards are more if you don't login.

Edited by th3vikings

[NOOB1]
28 posts
3,411 battles
4 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

I don't know how much that video of chicks dancing on an Aircraft Carrier cost to make.

What that investment got WG in terms of financial returns I don't know.

What that money would have got WG in terms of loyalty if they had instead done one of those, "You get X for every 1,000 games you have played or years active" I don't know either.

I have the internets already. I can see all the "Dancing Girls" I want. That didn't boost my loyalty. I'm no SJW but even I found that video a little cringeworthy and "dated".

I had the same feeling when I watched it - something like it was shot in the late 80s or early 90s vintage. 

I guess they thought it might make the boys hot under the collar but it didn't. It wasn't witty or inspiring or even that amusing. 

Wasted money if you ask me.

221 posts
2,681 battles

As for the Pin-up video, while as a music video it was not that remarkable, it was still hilarious (and I love a good laugh). Dunno about you guys but I personally find it a guilty pleasure whenever I'm out of cheap laughs.

1,347 posts
8,872 battles

Imo the programme actively screws over the semi-casual players the worst (those that can only play a few hours a week), because they are neither here nor there. They are still considered a regular player in WG's eyes, but don't have the time to complete all the daily missions, challenges, events and whatnot that the hardcore regulars can do with ease.

Talking about daily missions, notice it was only after that massive outcry over the incentive programme that WG introduced the dailies and login bonuses to reward regular players. Even then, one could argue you are rewarded more for not playing. Which is pretty weird, because most of the companies whether they be banks or airlines or bookstores usually have a loyalty programme that reward their frequent customers. WG is the only company I know of that rewards irregular players more than their regular ones.

Regarding the Pin-Up video, I think it was horrible. I get that it was meant to attract new players, seeing as how WG had that campaign going to get share the video and get as many views as possible, but it had the opposite effect on me. I found it to be a cringe-fest, something that I would NOT want to show my friends or family. Compare that to WoWs' earlier Wait For Me video, which I did share with others.

90 posts
710 battles

I recently came back to the game after not playing this for about 16 months.

What did I get ?   Zilch.

What was I supposed to get?

PS, don't think I'll stay for long, either. I forgot most things I learned and trying to learn all over again is tricky, I just get killed quickly.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles
7 hours ago, TD1 said:

As for the Pin-up video, while as a music video it was not that remarkable, it was still hilarious (and I love a good laugh). Dunno about you guys but I personally find it a guilty pleasure whenever I'm out of cheap laughs.

To prove how good it was, how many people are still talking about it?

None

115 posts
2,638 battles
17 minutes ago, Renita_Matrovska said:

I got 10m credits for come back after 2 months break

Did you leave while still having premium time active? If so, how long was it?

Because it seems that returning incentives are varied from account to account just wondering if premium time left has anything to do with it

Edited by zergling_

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles
6 minutes ago, zergling_ said:

Because it seems that returning incentives are varied from account to account just wondering if premium time left has anything to do with it

I don't think it does.   I've never had premium time on my NA account

156 posts
3,374 battles
9 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Imo the programme actively screws over the semi-casual players the worst (those that can only play a few hours a week), because they are neither here nor there. They are still considered a regular player in WG's eyes, but don't have the time to complete all the daily missions, challenges, events and whatnot that the hardcore regulars can do with ease.

This is me. I try to complete everything but it's getting harder and harder to. 

As for the pin up video- I was indifferent. I like them doing new things, but that little video they released when the British BB's came out was way better in every way.

115 posts
2,638 battles
9 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Imo the programme actively screws over the semi-casual players the worst (those that can only play a few hours a week), because they are neither here nor there. They are still considered a regular player in WG's eyes, but don't have the time to complete all the daily missions, challenges, events and whatnot that the hardcore regulars can do with 

Arguably the RN mission event is more friendly towards those semi casual players you described.

1,347 posts
8,872 battles
1 hour ago, zergling_ said:

Arguably the RN mission event is more friendly towards those semi casual players you described.

Yeah they are simple to do, but imo I wouldn't really call them friendly.

Seeing as how the missions cannot be done retroactively, that means if you miss your short window to do them, you permanently miss out on their rewards.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles
10 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Yeah they are simple to do, but imo I wouldn't really call them friendly.

Seeing as how the missions cannot be done retroactively, that means if you miss your short window to do them, you permanently miss out on their rewards.

But you don't have to manually select them and they all stack at the same time so it really doesn't get any more user friendly than that

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles
5 hours ago, Mr_Good_Citizen said:

I recently came back to the game after not playing this for about 16 months.

What did I get ?   Zilch.

What was I supposed to get?

PS, don't think I'll stay for long, either. I forgot most things I learned and trying to learn all over again is tricky, I just get killed quickly.

Just get your skills back up in Coop, scenarios and low tier randoms.    Enjoy the game and get back into it at your own pace

[SALT]
Beta Tester
11 posts
3,622 battles
4 hours ago, zergling_ said:

no, i didnt have premium.

ya the incentives are varied, there is no exact requirements on how long to inactive and what items