You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Do you have Prinz Eugen - Do you like her?

10 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
659 posts
8,326 battles

Considering what to buy to take advantage of doubloon cash back thing.

LWM review makes me think Hipper is not outclassed by Eugen.

Your experience in Prinz Eugen?

Buy and regret?

Buy and like?

534 posts

Love her,I even made aheago of her before and I watch her doujinshi

And it's basically a Hipper but with better stats,if you do well in Hipper you'll also enjoy her

Edited by Somedude_Yudachi
The reason to edit is no reason

[ZA]
156 posts
7,338 battles

Since Prinz Eugen received a heal it became a very strong ship. It can stay in fight much longer, thus the damage so it usually shine in late game.

Super Tester
1,677 posts

I have the heavy cruiser and if you look at it, she's not that much different than her big sister apart from being more tougher with more HP, a bit more AA guns in the suite the repair party which enables her to survive longer.

If you're already very accustomed to German cruiser gunnery as well as having experience aboard Admiral Hipper, then Prinz Eugen isn't that much different apart from having this feel of being 'heavier' than her sister, despite the marginal difference of range.

69 posts
5,241 battles

have it on my cousins account I took over..unlucky for me..worst boat I have but that could just be me..attractive..as attracting enemy attention..oddly dunquirque is kind to me

159 posts
5,676 battles

If you enjoy the German cruiser style of play then its a great ship, I enjoy playing it, definitely worth getting.

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts

Before: it's an Admiral Hipper with a well known name

Now: It's an Admiral Hipper with a well known name and a heal (3 charges or 4 charges?)

Difference:

Before: you are in an Admiral Hipper.

Now: you can now pretend you are in a Roon

991 posts
7,403 battles
16 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Buy and like?

Yes!

I have her and she is a great ship, never regretted I bought her.

I remember a battle where as a result of a stupid mistake I lost a lot of health. Similar to a BB, was able to disengage and heal a lot of that damage back. Don’t remember if I earned a Fireproof…

Good gun range, accuracy, damage and turret traverse. Good armour, good AA and on top 2x2 torp launchers with very usable arcs.

I would say she plays more like a mini-Tirpitz, rather than a large-Nurnberg. 

Now you may ask yourself, with the PE being based on Hipper, does it make sense to spend the money for PE? Hipper got the reload buff and PE the heal, besides that I would really have to look up stats to see what else is different. I personally prefer the PE because of the heal and that makes her different enough to make it a worthwhile purchase, IMO. If you want to spend $60 you have to know yourself.

I don’t play Ranked much, but I saw see quite a few PE’s in Ranked, not so many Hipper - if any.