Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pete_the_pirate

Hiding Profile

21 comments in this topic

29 posts
2,763 battles

I have noticed a few players have chosen to hide their profiles. They have been players who have played badly in my opinion, but when I have tried to find out if they are novices who could be forgiven for rookie mistakes their profile just has a message saying they have hidden their record. How is that done?

1,174 posts
10,495 battles
1 hour ago, Pete_the_pirate said:

I have noticed a few players have chosen to hide their profiles. They have been players who have played badly in my opinion, but when I have tried to find out if they are novices who could be forgiven for rookie mistakes their profile just has a message saying they have hidden their record. How is that done?

it's just about your choice really..

But IMO you don't need to hide your profile.. I'd say try to improve it if you hide your profile you will basically close the doors for improvement.. I say this because when I was around 1k battles forumers used to check stats and then reply to me (oh he is 48% so the obvious answer git gud) that time I wanted to hide stats but instead I never hid them and tried to improve on them.. tracking them every day checking my progress.. you can call it try hard but I was also concentrating on the improvement in matches.. by hiding stats you stop improving (because you might think you are playing well but sometimes stats say other wise.. you'll be satisfied with one good match in your 7 bad matches)

Now sites like wows stats and numbers, warships.today cannot track your stats if you hide your profile hence cannot track what your day to day performance is..

in the end you want to stay bad and let people push you around.. or get better on daily basis?

P.S. about forumers it was 2 years ago.. forum is much better now..

534 posts
26 minutes ago, PGM991 said:

one no need to hide their profile but also no need to show it either.

I kinda shy person :D

I agree and so do I

3 hours ago, Pete_the_pirate said:

I have noticed a few players have chosen to hide their profiles. They have been players who have played badly in my opinion

I am not going to call one is a bad player just because they have a hidden profile(Well,though I call some players noob before due to their bad performace,I go mad sometimes in the game:d)

50 posts
5,573 battles

One cost for hiding stats: when I'm wanting to send someone a clan invite after a battle where they appeared to contribute, if I can't see their stats I immediately move on.

I'm simply not going to invite someone on the basis of a single game; I want more data.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
953 posts
5,654 battles
6 hours ago, Farlesquew said:

One cost for hiding stats: when I'm wanting to send someone a clan invite after a battle where they appeared to contribute, if I can't see their stats I immediately move on.

I'm simply not going to invite someone on the basis of a single game; I want more data.

I am the same.

However I use to hide my stats so that mods with XVM would not know if I was a good or bad at the start of a game.

As a clan commander I feel I have to show them now.

145 posts
1,309 battles
7 hours ago, Somedude_Yudachi said:

I agree and so do I

I am not going to call one is a bad player just because they have a hidden profile(Well,though I call some players noob before due to their bad performace,I go mad sometimes in the game:d)

whoever hides their profile are direct kitties (cant say the other word). everytime I see a hidden profile, I check warship today's old data of that player, i get to see like, 2k battles 38% wr blah blah. even flamuu during live stream found a player with 41% wr who tried to hide his profile.

If anyone thinking hiding profile lets u go then you need a serious genetical DNA change. git gud aint helping. Huge thanks to Warship .today to keeping these kittens diary for us.

if a player actually wants to improve he would either create new account (just like my acc is new) or he would try hard without hiding. 

among of Player profile hiding people I saw half of them are bots who tries to avoid report. I mean, u consider someone a bot if he goes forward and dies, and warship today tells u that he was getting avg exp 300 forever.

Edited by Labeat

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
953 posts
5,654 battles

Umm. Labeat I'm confused about what warships today says about you.

Here at WG your stats read 58.23% win rate.

Warships today has you at 48.47% win rate?

:cap_wander:

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,870 battles

if a player actually wants to improve he would either create new account <--- this lead to self proclaim unicum by deleting the learning curve and after that will start saying to others.. noob noob noob. I will be proud with whoever I am.. even if I am just a noob. As long as that is my only account..

Super Tester
7,586 posts
8,005 battles
11 minutes ago, RimauLaut said:

if a player actually wants to improve he would either create new account <--- this lead to self proclaim unicum by deleting the learning curve and after that will start saying to others.. noob noob noob. I will be proud with whoever I am.. even if I am just a noob. As long as that is my only account..

Exactly this. What's the point of starting a new account or resetting the account. Game is for me to play, the way I want to play. Stats are to be looked at by other people. I love ships, all I care about is collecting new ships. My stats show things someone doesn't like? I don't care.

Edited by icy_phoenix

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,859 posts
4,140 battles

I agree, and feel  the same way as Icy, but is much easier to make that statement as a good player.  A shitter can become susceptible to the allure of a re-roll or hiding stats to hide their frustration or embarrassment because there will always be those people that enjoy looking down on them.  Its nearly a certainty as well that all kinds of players removed their stats.   

607 posts
7,623 battles
9 hours ago, Labeat said:

if a player actually wants to improve he would either create new account (just like my acc is new) or he would try hard without hiding. 

Why all the hassle just to prove you are improving?Just stick to a account and improve overtime, if you see your winrate increases,might shows you are indeed improving

If you create new account, you are just winning newbies (tier 1&2) and hence getting a better W/R. No offense.

I will never understand smurfs like you

Edited by Gummilicious

249 posts
347 battles
On 9/24/2018 at 5:38 PM, Pete_the_pirate said:

Im a tomato, and i have one warning, but hey... who cares about hiding my profile

Tbh theres nothing wrong about hiding your profile, thats your own right and privacy :cap_like:

326 posts
10,550 battles

Fake people have image to maintain, real people doesn't care at all.

As for me, I don't mind people to look my stat. Heck, game stat are nothing for me since......well, it just a game. 

But yeah, people have their own privacy to care about.

1 post
7,396 battles

I am in my 60s and play the game for the enjoyment. I dont have great stats but I think my game has improved a lot in the last year.  I get put off by the the bullshit between players in Random when they go on about how they were let down or defeated because of noobs.  You play to the best of your ability and try to support your team. (its a team game) You might surprise people who judge you by your stats and profile alone. 

145 posts
1,309 battles
23 hours ago, Gummilicious said:

Why all the hassle just to prove you are improving?Just stick to a account and improve overtime, if you see your winrate increases,might shows you are indeed improving

If you create new account, you are just winning newbies (tier 1&2) and hence getting a better W/R. No offense.

I will never understand smurfs like you

One thing is sure, everytime I lose a game upto 50% of those games are basically my fault. Many times I feel like, hey if I rushed that dd first this game would have win, or hey I let that cruiser live because I was busy brawling bb, I shouldhave ignore brawl and killed the cruiser instead. or I should have hiding because my death just killed the point balance blah blah. along with this 50%, other 10% are basically my internet disconnection, as I saw both team were close enough and only lacked my little contribution or something. and rest 40% are well, not carryable, weekend teammates in my side vs unicums in other. Improving through all this is tough because u never know when all that happen. Creating new account to start over again help you forget about the past. and start with good strategy. I mean, thats my opinion if you are tired of listening to Statnerds.

If there was no one judging people by stats, I would never tell to create and start over again.

Edited by Labeat

29 posts
2,763 battles
On 26/09/2018 at 2:23 PM, oldfarTjamo said:

I am in my 60s and play the game for the enjoyment. I dont have great stats but I think my game has improved a lot in the last year.  I get put off by the the bullshit between players in Random when they go on about how they were let down or defeated because of noobs.  You play to the best of your ability and try to support your team. (its a team game) You might surprise people who judge you by your stats and profile alone. 

Greetings to another old codger. I'm just over 70 and am addicted to WOWS (even if I am only an average player). I agree with you about players denigrating others on their team, abusing them and calling them 'stupid noobs' etc., although during the heat of battle I must admit I do sometimes get angry with others, especially if I'm using a slow to manoeuvre and slow to stop BB and a fast cruiser ignores the  blasts from my ship's horn. A couple of times I have come to a dead stop in my efforts to avoid a collision and have become a sitting duck for enemy fire - in one instance the same player did it to me twice in the one battle. But what the hell, it's all part of the chaos of battle.

I was just curious about why and how people hid their stats.

Edited by Pete_the_pirate

Super Tester
7,586 posts
8,005 battles

Hiding profile is one thing, it means the player is at least aware of the fact that people had a possibility to check his stats. There are many players who don't even know that stat pages exist. So when they spread BS in Leddit/Discord/Forum/Facebook/Youtube and you check their profile page for credibility, you get a good laugh.... :cap_haloween:

I laugh so hard every time I see certain 43% WR guy searches my forum posts everyday to downvote them (if you check my 30-40 posts, you will see who. Naah don't do it, just take my word for it :P ), especially the ones that have answers to game mechanics related questions. Cause clearly he understands lot more than I do. Poor fella :cap_haloween::cap_haloween:

Edited by icy_phoenix

1,356 posts
8,894 battles
2 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

especially the ones that have answers to game mechanics related questions.

I see this happening a lot in the WoWs portal as well. People getting downvoted for answering game mechanic questions. Really boggles the mind. Just because people don't like the answer doesn't mean it is not true.

Sign in to follow this