You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Dano07

Spotting rewards SUX

11 comments in this topic

[NOOB1]
28 posts
3,411 battles

Where to begin

If I mostly spot in my DD for a game ( DD pls spot for us !) I will be in the bottom quarter of the team experience results.

The only time I will get a middle or higher reward is if I cap and farm some good damage. 

The current meta mostly rewards individual damage output and doesn't encourage team play - where spotting is most useful.

Examples of where spotting is under appreciated and under rewarded

I spot and help chase DD/CAs away from cap , allowing another ship to get the cap unopposed. Mean while I am busy spotting !

I spot CA/DD but my team mates cant hit the side of a barn; So I get no benefit in team damage.

I spot and chase down DD and light up CA/BB ; mean while my team mates get devastated because everyone picks a different target; So I get isolated and die

I spot and chase down DD; red team focus fires me and my team keeps aiming at the CA / BB ; I lose half my health and now I have to play even more cautiously

I keep retreating ships lite even when they try and disengage by going behind islands etc ; I get no reward if I didn't spot first and they haven't gone dark long enough for a reset on spotting damage. This is a big one for me.

and the old chestnut , I smoke up a BB in danger or CA taking up a position  - thanks but how about a little position karma !

Spotting is in fact a   high risk low reward   game play  why do it when you should  just farm damage like everyone else ?  But I do wish for good team play, often.

1,105 posts

dude, YOU ARE DADDY, not MAMA CV. babysitting (spotting) is mainly mama hosho job. daddy can babysit, but of course its just a side job. Daddy should get job and monies by farming cap and hunt some prey. 

5 hours ago, Dano07 said:

Spotting is in fact a   high risk low reward   game play  why do it when you should  just farm damage like everyone else ?  But I do wish for good team play, often.

its your fault, DD is DESTROYER, not CARE VOLUNTEER that can support and attack at the same time doing multiple bullsheet.

your main OBJECTIVE IS TO DESTROY ALL ENEMIES. cap is your bait to lure enemy DD pest. BB is your prey and CA radar is your food. except if you are screwed by enemy CV.

change your mindset, DD is DESTROYER

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles
2 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

dude, YOU ARE DADDY, not MAMA CV. babysitting (spotting) is mainly mama hosho job. daddy can babysit, but of course its just a side job. Daddy should get job and monies by farming cap and hunt some prey. 

I prefer to think of DDs as that crazy uncle who can never hold down a steady job and is always bumping into things.

And either he is first to fall asleep in his chair at parties, or shows up once the party's all over.

[NOOB1]
28 posts
3,411 battles
3 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

its your fault, DD is DESTROYER, not CARE VOLUNTEER that can support and attack at the same time doing multiple bullsheet.

your main OBJECTIVE IS TO DESTROY ALL ENEMIES. cap is your bait to lure enemy DD pest. BB is your prey and CA radar is your food. except if you are screwed by enemy CV.

change your mindset, DD is DESTROYER

I am not exactly sure what you said but I support and/or endorse in the above products and/or services. D

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles
1 minute ago, Dano07 said:

I am not exactly sure what you said but I support and/or endorse in the above products and/or services. D

Its ok, most of us are not sure about what Sharkbait says 90% of times.

1,341 posts
8,858 battles
14 hours ago, Dano07 said:

Don't worry after reading enough of his posts you can figure out what he is saying. :cap_book:

In this case, he is telling you to forget about spotting and just focus on capping and doing damage.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,834 posts
4,134 battles
12 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Don't worry after reading enough of his posts you can figure out what he is saying. :cap_book:

In this case, he is telling you to forget about spotting and just focus on capping and doing damage.

This helps

GD.png

1,011 posts
7,464 battles
On 9/24/2018 at 3:03 PM, Dano07 said:

Where to begin

If I mostly spot in my DD for a game ( DD pls spot for us !) I will be in the bottom quarter of the team experience results.

Well, spotting. I guess by just sitting in open water and “seeing” ships won’t earn much XP.

I don’t really know what earns how much XP, but I would think anything that results in a ribbon awarded gives decent XP.

So focus on:

·         Capping

·         Defending caps

·         Spotting (the kind that gets you a ribbon = spotting an enemy ship first, or spotting a ship that was undetected for some time.)

There are the counters for “potential damage” or “damage through your spotting.” You’d think you earn some XP when those numbers go up. How much, who knows?

I remember a game last week, I drove a T5 DD in a T7 battle, only doing 5k damage, but 3rd or 4th place XP earner. I did cap, defended caps and did a fair bit of spotting.