You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Dano07

I saw a Brilliant Strategy for BB

23 comments in this topic

[NOOB1]
28 posts
3,411 battles

I mostly playing DDs and some times work closely with a CA   But often don't have the pleasure of working in tandem with BBs, often.

Lately I have increasingly observed a wonderful strategy used by very clever BBs players in Randoms. 

I was surprised and delighted when I would see a near full health team member BB / CA pop out of nowhere ( well they had to be somewhere I guess ) around the half way mark in the game.

The beauty of this situation was they could then join the battle and have only half health or worse Red BBs / CAs  to deal with.

Also they had all their consumables untouched and ready to go which is a  great bonus.

So I often marvelled at their ability to go one-on-one and get a kill or two.

And at the same time they were able to farm bucket loads of damage for our team.

They can even cap because by that stage all the Red DDs are mostly dead and the rest of their team is probably scattered.

Now the absolute brilliance of this strategy lies in the fact that win or lose the game you can still finish in the middle of the pack in experience gained.

And how can I give them a compliant ' They played Badly'  when they killed one or two ships and farmed 50k - 70k damage for so little time and effort !

What do you think , Its a winner ?

[AMPOL]
43 posts
3,421 battles

Really depends on the team skills too - one less BB is one more BB in overmatch sitautions for half a match, especially in high tier matches. By they time they get into place, it may be too late.

344 posts
7,070 battles
4 hours ago, Dano07 said:

I mostly playing DDs and some times work closely with a CA   But often don't have the pleasure of working in tandem with BBs, often.

Lately I have increasingly observed a wonderful strategy used by very clever BBs players in Randoms. 

I was surprised and delighted when I would see a near full health team member BB / CA pop out of nowhere ( well they had to be somewhere I guess ) around the half way mark in the game.

The beauty of this situation was they could then join the battle and have only half health or worse Red BBs / CAs  to deal with.

Also they had all their consumables untouched and ready to go which is a  great bonus.

So I often marvelled at their ability to go one-on-one and get a kill or two.

And at the same time they were able to farm bucket loads of damage for our team.

They can even cap because by that stage all the Red DDs are mostly dead and the rest of their team is probably scattered.

Now the absolute brilliance of this strategy lies in the fact that win or lose the game you can still finish in the middle of the pack in experience gained.

And how can I give them a compliant ' They played Badly'  when they killed one or two ships and farmed 50k - 70k damage for so little time and effort !

What do you think , Its a winner ?

That BB is not supporting his team for half the match then taking advantage of everyone else's efforts. This is exactly what happens in ranked due to the "save your star" mechanic.

1,105 posts

ist gud for Murica, Brits, and VVEABOO battleship..... but not gud for Biscuit and Baguetta battleship.

for the first 10 min, with concealment and Gud accuracy, they can farm damage from far place. its even more convenient for Weabo ship that better snipe 24x7. in case of secondary brotherhood sheeps, you will find enemy keep floating and disadvantage at your team because your team but a lot of enemy keep alive. they called brawler because their accuracy sux.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,287 posts
2 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

ist gud for Murica, Brits, and VVEABOO battleship..... but not gud for Biscuit and Baguetta battleship.

for the first 10 min, with concealment and Gud accuracy, they can farm damage from far place. its even more convenient for Weabo ship that better snipe 24x7. in case of secondary brotherhood sheeps, you will find enemy keep floating and disadvantage at your team because your team but a lot of enemy keep alive. they called brawler because their accuracy sux.

tenor.gif?itemid=3567349

58 posts
7,189 battles

That depend on the game mode and game situation on hand , it can be a brilliant idea or it can be a bad one ... one size do not fit all

316 posts
4,653 battles
15 hours ago, Dano07 said:

Maybe my sarcasm detector is broke? Given not everyone here is a native speaker of English, it's extra hard to tell on these forums.

I guess that your post is backhanded mock-praise for poor players who achieve nothing for the first half of the game then seagull their way to a decent score off the backs of the players who did the hard work already.

On the small chance you were being serious: no, this is a very poor strategy. Sitting way behind the rest of your team is bad (certain ships exempted). Running out ahead of your team and getting killed is also bad. Focus fire is the key to winning. Killing enemy ships faster than they can kill you. To do that means bringing lots of guns to bear on a target at once, dictating close groupings of friendly ships.

This is actually a pet peeve of mine, because it's not the fault of the ship in the back if the ships in front don't wait up, even though it's always the ship in the back that gets blamed when the overextending ships in front get killed. Slow ships must move up, but fast ships need to hang back. If you are a DD and you are more than 6 km from me, and you get spotted by an enemy DD another 6 km from you, I can't support you because that DD is 12 km from me and at that range it's out of my kill zone. If you stayed 2 km from me that would be 8 km and that DD would be dead in 30 s most like.

55 posts
711 battles
45 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

Maybe my sarcasm detector is broke? Given not everyone here is a native speaker of English, it's extra hard to tell on these forums.

I guess that your post is backhanded mock-praise for poor players who achieve nothing for the first half of the game then seagull their way to a decent score off the backs of the players who did the hard work already.

On the small chance you were being serious: no, this is a very poor strategy. Sitting way behind the rest of your team is bad (certain ships exempted). Running out ahead of your team and getting killed is also bad. Focus fire is the key to winning. Killing enemy ships faster than they can kill you. To do that means bringing lots of guns to bear on a target at once, dictating close groupings of friendly ships.

This is actually a pet peeve of mine, because it's not the fault of the ship in the back if the ships in front don't wait up, even though it's always the ship in the back that gets blamed when the overextending ships in front get killed. Slow ships must move up, but fast ships need to hang back. If you are a DD and you are more than 6 km from me, and you get spotted by an enemy DD another 6 km from you, I can't support you because that DD is 12 km from me and at that range it's out of my kill zone. If you stayed 2 km from me that would be 8 km and that DD would be dead in 30 s most like.

this guy makes a Lott sense

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,982 battles

Well the moment I started reading, the sarcasm was pretty obvious. Those useless bb players every game, farms damage from j line to look good in the final score.

245 posts
5,809 battles
10 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

And by the time you’ve caught up in a BB, the DD is dead, and the cruisers are running, and you’re left alone on the flank.

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,982 battles

BB players need to understand, they should never force teammate DDs and CAs to tank for them. Doesn't mean they need to yolo, but they need to show their presence in the map and important sectors. A BB at 18 km is no threat for anyone. Sure he will farm cheap damage for 20 minutes which may even end up producing top exp, but its no good cause team will lose.

And I blame the loser who invented WTR... it rewards damage, so people just want to farm damage.

Edited by icy_phoenix

1,011 posts
7,459 battles
On 9/24/2018 at 2:26 PM, Dano07 said:

You get those that don't do that halfway, but when the game is mostly over, ahaha!

316 posts
4,653 battles
1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

BB players need to understand, they should never force teammate DDs and CAs to tank for them.

Yeah but DDs and CAs need to understand that if I'm in a Texas or Colorado, and it's a map like Fault Line or Estuarywhere the BBs spawn in front of the B cap but the light ships start in front of and all rush immediately to A or C, I am not going to be in any a position to be useful to them for at least 8 minutes. They should skirmish and buy time until I show up in the partywagon.

Edited by Rina_Pon

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,982 battles
1 hour ago, Max_Battle said:

Ok.

*takes notes*

Don't move until game is half over.

Gotcha.

(Theoretically it's a tactic, not a strategy).

Well when DDs die in 4 minutes and cruisers die in 8, its usually their fault. Especially in Mid tiers. Cause some people really can't tell where they are going. If a cruiser over extends, it wont matter how many BBs are accompanying him, enemy (with brains) will shoot the squishier and easier target. There have been matches where I was sitting in cap in a full health Montana and enemy ignored me cause a random Mogami and Buffalo were rushing enemy spawn.

[NOOB1]
28 posts
3,411 battles
1 hour ago, Max_Battle said:

Ok.

*takes notes*

Don't move until game is half over.

Gotcha.

(Theoretically it's a tactic, not a strategy).

Well actually you need to move first half , to look like your doing something ; that's part of the charm of this tactic . Just don't sit still because people will really think you are AFK loafer !

BTW what is the clear difference between tactical and strategic - I kind of have a vague idea but would sure like to get clear in my head ?

And perhaps you could say are these, examples of either ?  A fair answer could be it depends. 

Capping - T or S ?

Spotting - T or S ?

Smoking - T or S ?

Ambushing - T or S ?

Staying alive as long as possible - T or S ?

Thanks

[NOOB1]
28 posts
3,411 battles
15 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

I learnt something obvious with this. 

So with a DD my 'kill zone' would be sub 7 kms 

But what would the typically be the 'kill zone' for CAs and BBs ?  

Can most BBs really pick off a DD at 8 kms ?  Which line of BBs are better at this than others ?

thanks

[NOOB1]
28 posts
3,411 battles
2 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

Yeah but DDs and CAs need to understand that if I'm in a Texas or Colorado, and it's a map like Fault Line or Estuarywhere the BBs spawn in front of the B cap but the light ships start in front of and all rush immediately to A or C, I am not going to be in any a position to be useful to them for at least 8 minutes. They should skirmish and buy time until I show up in the partywagon.

This is good advice to learn.

I suppose most BBs at T7 and up are reasonably fast ?

I noticed some french BBs will give my slow boat  DDs are run for their lives !

[NOOB1]
28 posts
3,411 battles
4 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

And I blame the loser who invented WTR... it rewards damage, so people just want to farm damage.

I so do as well .... its ruining random 'Team' play.

Beta Tester
755 posts
8,558 battles
18 minutes ago, Dano07 said:

BTW what is the clear difference between tactical and strategic - I kind of have a vague idea but would sure like to get clear in my head ?

Tactics kill the enemy. A tactical strike destroys a ship.

Strategies reduces the enemy's ability to fight you. A strategic strike destroys the harbour that supports the enemy ship.

Beta Tester
755 posts
8,558 battles
1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

Well when DDs die in 4 minutes and cruisers die in 8, its usually their fault. Especially in Mid tiers. Cause some people really can't tell where they are going. If a cruiser over extends, it wont matter how many BBs are accompanying him, enemy (with brains) will shoot the squishier and easier target. There have been matches where I was sitting in cap in a full health Montana and enemy ignored me cause a random Mogami and Buffalo were rushing enemy spawn.

Yup.