Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Dano07

Strategies for credit grind

22 comments in this topic

[NOOB1]
28 posts
3,411 battles

Hi

My nest egg of 40 plus million is gone as I push into T8 DD buying and outfitting.

So what are my options ? I am sure many others players have hit a credit wall before - would like to hear some ideas of what worked / did not work ?

Some ideas that occur to me  :-

1. Pick one line of DDs and level that into T9 and slowly work around to all the other lines

2. Leave the DD lines and go focus on my Ca/Cl T5/T6 and BBs T4/T5 which will cheaper to buy and outfit

3. Buy credits which are very poor value for money, IMO 

4. Buy a T8 premium and credit grind that - So which one  ?   (I do have the Asashio which has probably earned me half the credits I have ever made)

5. Trade my coal for the Musashi  or Salem  - I do not know which is a better credit maker  

6. Buy a camo for a good credit making silver ship which could be …. ?

7. quit the game and tell myself it was a weirdly imbalanced game and I went as far as I could while it was fun.

Thanks for reading

114 posts
2,624 battles

If (missouri.inPort())

1. Select missouri

2. Click battle

3. Profit

Else 

1. overzealously gather coal

2. Get musashi with coal using coupon

3. Play musashi in battle

4. Profit

[NOOB1]
28 posts
3,411 battles

If I had the Missouri I would drive around town throwing credits out the window to deserving passer-by's.

Buckle up Bones  - any suggestions on some good credit earning ships ?    ( currently having fun in the Akizuki  T8 )

Lowyat  -  Please give a list of what ships are op for what operations - I need to be schooled for the future, I never see a list any where and really want to know ?     ( I do see a lot of Sims in current meta )

435 posts
6,169 battles

I’m a returning player, was the Farragut for me, easy millions, until it got nerf (2017), so I’m looking for my next best now!

Something somewhere between the lowest costing ship by the highest ranking (highest damaging) ship that you're good with.

Edited by BuckleUpBones

114 posts
2,624 battles

I would rank my top 3 asf

1. Missouri (obviously. everyone and their pets know)

2. Musashi

3. Baltimore on cherry blossom ops and Sims on ops dynamo (sshh..WG is listening)

Hoping Alaska make at least the same as Musashi. im gearing for her. Rankes musashi no 2 since is not depend on weekly ops/div ed ops

Edited by zergling_

[NOOB1]
28 posts
3,411 battles

Thanks Zerling_  

So can I ask do you have any issues with CVs on the Musashi ? 

What your average damage / credit return on her ?

And any basic game plan you follow in randoms ?

What other operations and ship combinations do you recommend  ?

114 posts
2,624 battles

Current meta, CV is almost non existant in high tier battles, I think I only faced 1-2 out of 30 battles (from memory) and during those I tried to sail around strong AA ships for protection.

Credit earning, I'm still noob in her (and in general IJN BB play) but i think getting 500k gross is easy. My best is only 900k. Some ppl can get over 1 Million. Nevertheless Im quite satisfied with her for now. Got enough credit for anything I want.

The thing is when CV rework is done, theres bound to be much more cv and that is when life will be hard for Musashi. So now I'm maximizing her before rework come. And hopefully by the time Alaska is out and I can use her instead of musashi (alaska got strong AA). Which is why i really hope Alaska make at least as much as credit as musashi.

Game plan, Musashi is easy. Point bow/angle a bit on enemies and left click.mouse button. Easy ship

Oh yeah and Salem, being tier X seems make her not give.good credit earning. I dont have it, but you can read about in on littlewhitemouse's review

Good luck in getting financial (credit) freedom in wows :fish_aqua:

Edited by zergling_

216 posts
11,477 battles
2 hours ago, Dano07 said:

If I had the Missouri I would drive around town throwing credits out the window to deserving passer-by's.

Buckle up Bones  - any suggestions on some good credit earning ships ?    ( currently having fun in the Akizuki  T8 )

Lowyat  -  Please give a list of what ships are op for what operations - I need to be schooled for the future, I never see a list any where and really want to know ?     ( I do see a lot of Sims in current meta )

generally i like schors or buddy. if u have atlanta i think everybody agrees it is the most op for farming ops. assuming u dont die first.

[LBAS]
4,460 posts
25,598 battles

1. Pick one line of DDs and level that into T9 and slowly work around to all the other lines

from T2-9 with current repair bill, DDs have no problems with credits, even with free Account

2. Leave the DD lines and go focus on my Ca/Cl T5/T6 and BBs T4/T5 which will cheaper to buy and outfit

CAs/CLs, best class to farm credits at any tier but u must play them effectively

3. Buy credits which are very poor value for money, IMO 

Credits packages in premium shop, the best choice and why ask?

4. Buy a T8 premium and credit grind that - So which one  ?   (I do have the Asashio which has probably earned me half the credits I have ever made)

Yet again Premium ships, no need to question about them, buy the ship which the classes/ships u love to play the most

5. Trade my coal for the Musashi  or Salem  - I do not know which is a better credit maker

Musashi is the expensive ship, TX cost per shells, fun to play but credits not impressive

Salem? what is DM, beside Salem has no Legendary upgrades

6. Buy a camo for a good credit making silver ship which could be …. ?

not much except TX

7. quit the game and tell myself it was a weirdly imbalanced game and I went as far as I could while it was fun.

:Smile_amazed:

Beta Tester
603 posts
6,755 battles

I would advise working out which T7-8 premiums you absolutely love to play.  Then play them, a lot.  Use your best credit camos and flags while you do so.  Slow down your tech tree grinding in favour of playing these premiums a bit more, and focus your tech tree grinding on one or two lines that you really enjoy.

Basically, you want the game to be fun, so you play the ships that really click for you, and if you're smart about how you do that credits cease to be an issue.  I have about 300m credits, and will literally never have to think of them again, just by playing as I described above.

354 posts
9,048 battles

I'm in a similar situation. A short while back, I had 120M in the bank but, thanks to Cherry Blossom, I suddenly found myself purchasing a bunch of T9 cruisers (and some other stuff) and had a huge swag of fxp so, after paying for the cruisers and still having ~80M and, with a 15% discount on t10 ships for the anniversary, I fxp'd 6 t10 ships and managed to pay for them all using the 18M (15%) saving and flogging off all the modules from my inventory (plus a bit of grinding with Wyvern flags on the Mo). I've since managed to do full upgrades on 2 of them (Yamato and Worcester) but still need 28M to upgrade Zao, DM, Mino and Henri - plus buy/upgrade Donskoi which I've also unlocked (another 22M). So, I need another 50M before I can even start restoring my bank balance - it will take months now that my prem time has run out, even with a Missouri and I can't afford to even play those 4 ships (although Yam and Wooster have prem camos so they're ok).

When you start playing this game, you (understandably) think that its the xp that's slowing down your climb to the higher tiers and, maybe that's true while you're in the low/mid tiers but, when you're facing t9/t10, it's the silver that starts to determine how fast you can go.

PS Prem time plus a prem ship (higher tier the better) is the best way to grind credits. With prem time, that extra 50% is pure profit and it really mounts up - even Missouri doesn't make much wo prem time (although you certainly never have to pay to play with it).

PPS I grind a lot in coop - you can get 2 games in the time it takes for a random and a win is virtually assured, although winning/losing doesn't seem to affect credits - not sure how credits are calculated, but it's not the same as xp.

Edited by Moldavia

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,281 posts
7 hours ago, zergling_ said:

Good luck in getting financial (credit) freedom in wows 

5ba8c51814686_24.9.18update.PNG.b7cc4cabce6fb59f0f896ec04acd9fca.PNG

Is this enough?

All from premium time and flags in Co-Op mode only.

354 posts
9,048 battles
6 minutes ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

Is this enough?

How many t10s do you have?

Just curious; feel free to decline to answer.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,281 posts
15 minutes ago, Moldavia said:

None.

Don't need them if you just play co-op only. They bleed more credits than they can make...

354 posts
9,048 battles
2 minutes ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

Don't need them if you just play co-op only. They bleed more credits than they can make...

I pretty much only play PvE lately too and what you say is true - but the t10s are the pinnacle of the tech tree and each seems to be quite special in one way or another, so I really can't resist getting a few. Permacamo, if you can get it, plus prem time means you don't need to lose credits in coop - and the sheer fun of shooting things up with something like a Wooster makes it all worthwhile :cap_rambo:

1,174 posts
10,495 battles
38 minutes ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

Is this enough?

Super Tester... we all know what kind of perks you guys have...

but hey it is okay if you want to show off....

Going Back to OP..(my views are for non premium account)

1. Surely you can do that... while doing that you'd also get your commander xp up and eventually get your captain to 19pts.. then you can use commander xp to level up other commanders.. now focusing on one line gives you stable income but after T8 it becomes a bit harder..

2. Actually no need to focus on one line but if you really want the T10 of that particular line.. and all the missions will constantly give you flags which you can use to improve your income...

3. I'd rather say buy premium ships, premium time or perma camo for T10 ships instead of credits (best option is perma camo and premium ships) because credits like you said not worth...

4. I have atago which in my time of need has helped me a lot... never regretted buying it... (iirc WG gave free perma camos for some tech tree ships which also helped me in grinding credits just by playing the game normally).. Never buy a ship you have doubt that you couldn't play because if you are not playing it in the right way you cannot maximize it's output and make less income out of it...

5. Well TBH I'd say get Yamato and DM and slap perma camo on them.. (I'd not comment as I don't want either of those 2 ships)

6. Like I said buy T10 perma camo.. I've seen lot of difference in credit income when I bought camo for my 2 T10 ships DM and Hindenberg... thanks to WG, they gave away free worcester camo to everyone in sharks vs eagles event..

7. Sometimes I'd agree on that because I'd make more on loss than in wins... but that might be because of the difference in the ships I've damaged...

In the end IMO T7 is best place to grind credits if you're using non premium account.. and T10 if you got perma camo on the ship... Premium ships help a lot but it gets boring to play the same ship over and over again (which makes us buy another premium ship)

But luckily I got some free perma camos from WG's missions.. thanks to that I can make credits while just having fun..

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles
6 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

I would advise working out which T7-8 premiums you absolutely love to play.  Then play them, a lot.  Use your best credit camos and flags while you do so.  Slow down your tech tree grinding in favour of playing these premiums a bit more, and focus your tech tree grinding on one or two lines that you really enjoy.

Basically, you want the game to be fun, so you play the ships that really click for you, and if you're smart about how you do that credits cease to be an issue.  I have about 300m credits, and will literally never have to think of them again, just by playing as I described above.

This is good advice.

My gaming is similar, and if credits were real dollars I'd be going on Elon's rocket.

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles
51 minutes ago, Moldavia said:

Just after buying another T9 last night... so far 195 ships (only 6 T10s tho)

credits.JPG.1a078be67d5f926ed6031afd02de0a9c.JPG

Just spamming Missouri in coop leads to huge credits gain, without any flags or premium time.

354 posts
9,048 battles
5 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Just spamming Missouri in coop leads to huge credits gain, without any flags or premium time.

I've got over 900 battles up in coop for the Missouri now - lucky it's a fun ship to play or it would be very boring. I really don't think there's a much better ship for carrying coop battles, including most t10s even if they were cost-effective. I recently got a Musashi too, which is fun to mix things up a bit - but it's not as good as Mo for dominating a battle, especially since the introduction of cvs into about 80% of them.

Sign in to follow this