Sign in to follow this  
SamuelAir

How to choose between us light cruisers and british light cruisers?

6 comments in this topic

2 posts
17 battles

I want to try the light cruisers but I wonder which nation is better for a newcomer?I heard that the british cruisers are very fragile and it's easy to penetrate their citadels,but they have smoke generator to hide theirselves and hydroacoustic search to locate enemy ships easily.I don't konw much about the us light cruisers,they must have incredible aa guns and high shell arcs make them can hide behind mountains and damage their enemies safely.I need more information about the us light cruisers.Are they also fragile like their british fellows?THX.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,834 posts
4,134 battles

Neither are easy to play.   RN don't require the map awareness that you need for the USN line.  Both lines are susceptible to easy damage and upper tiers require a skilled player to do well.  

It all depends if you want smoke, hydro radar or HE

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,986 battles

If you are not very familiar with the light cruisers, I would suggest going with US CLs first.

They will help you figuring out map locations to camp, has really good ifrepower and AA, and not as fragile as UK CLs.

2 posts
17 battles
1 小時前,icy_phoenix 說:

If you are not very familiar with the light cruisers, I would suggest going with US CLs first.

They will help you figuring out map locations to camp, has really good ifrepower and AA, and not as fragile as UK CLs.

thx a lot.uk light cruisers have the repair party consumable,does it matters much in game since us light cruisers don't have one?

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,986 battles
3 minutes ago, SamuelAir said:

thx a lot.uk light cruisers have the repair party consumable,does it matters much in game since us light cruisers don't have one?

The repair party was given them as they are way too squishy. But if you are deleted in 1/2 salvo, that doesn't matter. US CLs also get heals for T9 and T10s. Id say, even without repair party, US CLs are more survivable. UK CLs get smoke charges from T5+. That may make a difference in how they play for you. Many people prefer to use smoke charges than finding landmass to cover for themselves.

You can try up to T6 on both sides and see which ones you like. Although, up to T5, UK CL line is really bad, while Phoenix and Omaha are kinda game breaking now.

Sign in to follow this