You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
waichung1823

Colorado : Not a bad ship eh.

14 comments in this topic

203 posts
1,037 battles

Just got Colorado. I enjoyed it very much like the New Mexico. Those big 16 inch guns, pens everything even the angled ships. It also has superior torpedo protection and Decent AA. I have not regret my decision for getting Colorado instead of KGV. 

The only problem i faced is the speed, its very hard for me to reposition myself, especially going back to defend the base. Everything needs preplanning. 

But yeah i pretty much enjoy this ship, hoping to get NC soon

My best game with Colorado ( A lost game anyway) 

Ps : im a noob 

lostbattlereport3.png

lostbattlereport3b.png

Edited by waichung1823

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
3 hours ago, waichung1823 said:

Just got Colorado. I enjoyed it very much like the New Mexico. Those big 16 inch guns, pens everything even the angled ships. It also has superior torpedo protection and Decent AA. I have not regret my decision for getting Colorado instead of KGV. 

The only problem i faced is the speed, its very hard for me to reposition myself, especially going back to defend the base. Everything needs preplanning. 

lostbattlereport3.png

lostbattlereport3b.png

Colorado was a great ship when I grinded her, from when I started stock till I got the NC I had 83% WR

Beta Tester
770 posts
8,629 battles
6 hours ago, waichung1823 said:

lostbattlereport3.png

lostbattlereport3b.png

Well done OP. As I said in your "what should I get next" post, I too like how the Colorado feels - and for similar reasons to what you have said.

And yeah, she is slooooooow...

As for your self imposed nomenclature of "noob"...

There is no shame in being a learner and no shame in learning.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
13 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

And she got hp buffed. No longer 50100 like when we grinded.

but dispersion got a small nerf iirc, my WR dropped after i passed the grind

feelsbadman

492 posts
7,661 battles
18 hours ago, Somedude_Yudachi said:

My grandma runs faster than this ship

Is that with her walking frame or without it? :Smile-_tongue:

Edited by HobartAWD

220 posts
2,681 battles

Forget your grandma, HobartAWD- if Colorado was to race against a turtle who is quadriplegic (all four his/her limbs are not working properly) the ship will lose. It's that slow.Seriously, 21 knots at tier 7 is just too slow for anyone to tolerate. Even the Nagato and the Nelson can win against it in a straight line race. I am sure the Colorado is the slowest ship in its tier.

This has the effect of making it highly dependent on map awareness and positioning: be where you have to be as soon as possible or you may find yourself either lagging behind your winning team, or slowly losing teammates until you are the only one left, severely outnumbered.

237 posts
13,982 battles
1 hour ago, TD1 said:

Forget your grandma, HobartAWD- if Colorado was to race against a turtle who is quadriplegic (all four his/her limbs are not working properly) the ship will lose. It's that slow.Seriously, 21 knots at tier 7 is just too slow for anyone to tolerate. Even the Nagato and the Nelson can win against it in a straight line race. I am sure the Colorado is the slowest ship in its tier.

Tier 1 ships can outrun it?

It's a ship that brings booze to the party late. By the time it arrives, the party is usually over.

220 posts
2,681 battles
5 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Tier 1 ships can outrun it?

It's a ship that brings booze to the party late. By the time it arrives, the party is usually over.

I said within its tier- tier 7 in this case. But your second analogy of it bringing booze to the party late is also accurate. 

Another apt comparison is World of Tanks' T95, also an American machine. Tough as hell, packs a lot of firepower.... but really slow.

1,011 posts
7,473 battles
On 9/23/2018 at 12:51 AM, waichung1823 said:

I guess if Colorado would be also fast, on top of everything else, she would be overpowered.

As you say, you have to plan ahead.

I have a dislike for the slow USN BB's, but I quite like Colorado, because she is very good in all other departments.