You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
mr_glitchy_R

Need tips and tricks for Nagato

15 comments in this topic

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

Fuso has quantity,

Nagato has quality,

Amagi has both.

So, utilize the quality. She rewards precise aim, good positioning. She usually lolpens everything from lower tiers,  deals great damage to anyone she faces.

Hide her weaknesses. Main one being the side armor. Also do not take focus fire. She melts fast.

[151ST]
1,016 posts
4,526 battles

Effective range is 15-16km

Don't get frustrated with her dispersion, when she does hit, she hurts.

Basically you need to stay alive long enough to allow that 1-2 shell hits per salvo to add up.

She initially feels inferior to Fuso due to number of guns, this is not the case, she just plays a little different.

330 posts
4,094 battles

Problem is, it has been 3 years I play WoWS and I still didn't know how to aim correctly at someone that is quite far away or an angled cruiser. I hope WG will introduce a better way of how to aim. 

[151ST]
1,016 posts
4,526 battles

If you are having problem with aim for Naga-chan, go play some Kongo for a while, fairly similar

607 posts
7,618 battles
3 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

Problem is, it has been 3 years I play WoWS and I still didn't know how to aim correctly at someone that is quite far away or an angled cruiser. I hope WG will introduce a better way of how to aim. 

Different gun have different characteristics(velocity,air drag,etcetc), so the placement of crosshair is different

Play cruiser and use the dpm as a help to get the aim right slowly.

Battleship shell miss,you need wait 30 and above seconds to get another shots,where else cruiser is 3-15sec

330 posts
4,094 battles
19 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Hide her weaknesses. Main one being the side armor. Also do not take focus fire. She melts fast.

How do I supposed to hide her weakness if her bow and aft are 25 mm? it's almost unreliable. Even when kiting away, she can't absorb huge amount of damage. other BB shells always penetrate either the stern or the deck which all of them are 25 mm.

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles
53 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

How do I supposed to hide her weakness if her bow and aft are 25 mm? it's almost unreliable. Even when kiting away, she can't absorb huge amount of damage. other BB shells always penetrate either the stern or the deck which all of them are 25 mm.

That I do not know my friend, you have to find out what works and what doesn't for you in any given situation, and learn from mistakes.

220 posts
11,643 battles

naga-chan isn't that good at pushing especially bottom tiered. use islands to get close and maximize those guns accuracy. u'll love it.

330 posts
4,094 battles
46 minutes ago, Lowyat said:

naga-chan isn't that good at pushing especially bottom tiered. use islands to get close and maximize those guns accuracy. u'll love it.

I just found out that her guns became pointless when the target uses camo.

330 posts
4,094 battles
On 9/22/2018 at 12:32 PM, Gummilicious said:

Play cruiser and use the dpm as a help to get the aim right slowly.

The problem is each ships has their own shells characteristics such as arc and velocity. Which means that the lead also different. 

[151ST]
1,016 posts
4,526 battles
8 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

The problem is each ships has their own shells characteristics such as arc and velocity. Which means that the lead also different. 

I found Kongo almost identical to Nagato in play style, just that Naga-chan is a dreadnaught so not as fast or agile, gun characteristics are very similar.

Don't get too beat up at her accuracy, it's due to her number of guns.

FYI my highest ever XP record was in Nagato for years at 3800 until I just barely beat it with Yorck this year.

At the start I found her infuriating, however in time I learned to be patient and now she's one of my faves...